1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Comparison of 2011 Labs versus 2012 Labs -- Feedback Requested

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by MsYo, Oct 3, 2012.

1. MsYo

MsYo Silver

New Labs to report.... I don't quite get the conversion for T3 (working on that)
    Celebrating the low HrCRP and improved progesterone/D3

HrCRP ==0.04 ref 0.00-0.80 mg/dL
    Progesterone ==19.56 ref ng/mL (drawn day 21 of cycle)
    Estradiol ==211.8 ref pg/ML

T3-Free === 2.88 ref 2.0=4.4 pg/ML
    TSH === 3.85 ref 0.27-4.20 uIU/mL
    25-OH Vit D ===72.5

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Can I plz have your hsCRP score? You're not using it, right?

3. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I'm hanging on to that score until I can get the rest to follow the pattern. LOL. I wish I could share it.

4. NittDan

NittDan New Member

Quite a swing in your TSH, and T3 is at the very low end of the range...you are looking hypothyroid.

5. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I do have hypothyroid symptoms which is why I asked for testing (free T3) this time. My doctor is good and listening to me but when he gave me the "normal" answer on the thyroid I didn't have a game plan for that. I know I have adrenal issues from my ASI last year. I've been on Lugol's for about 5 months and that has probably helped my thyroid but I'm still very sluggish in the morning and rely heavily on 5HrEnergy to get going. What next? Find a separate thyroid doctor?

6. NittDan

NittDan New Member

Endocronologists can be really hard to persuade...they are usually ultra conventional and conservative. Looks to me like you need to be aggressive. If you find someone who is open to BHRT, they are likely to have the mindset you are looking for.

You could go rogue, and do your own BHRT based on how you feel, and whatever labs you can cop. JanSz suggested porcine thyroid for me that can be ordered from various sources (Thailand in this case).

7. Yes, you are definitely hypo. You would probably be much more hypo w/o the iodine you are taking. If you are comfortable self-treating there are many online sources for both the natural thyroid (porcine) and T3 only meds. I would start with the natural ones unless you knew if you had a rT3 issue.

8. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Thanks!! I'm all for the rogue mentality. After all, this website and that mentality has gotten me to this point so far. I have felt miserable for quite some time. I will continue my research in this area and establish a baseline for my treatment. Thanks AGAIN for the feedback!!

9. MsYo

MsYo Silver

This would probably contribute to my struggle with weightloss. ***AHA MOMENT*** I'll be analyzing this info and restructuring my game plan.

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

What about Tyrosine? The thyroid hormone is just tyrosine with some iodine stuck to it in strategic locations.

11. I wonder if anyone else has tried tyrosine. I tried it last year, using it as a precursor to dopamine. My thyroid levels stayed the same during that time. Maybe it was being used for something else in my body. So for my n=1 it didn't help. But I'm also the weird one whose blood pressure goes down to a normal reading with proper T3 supplementation.

12. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I've used Tyrosine briefly but because the effect isn't as strong as I need it I reverted back to 5HrEnergy. It has the bvitamins and L-tyrosine that gives a more immediate effect. I'm probably going to find/order something ASAP while I continue to research. All else fails, I'll go back in for a doctors appointment with supporting facts/observations and ask for a BHRT for my thyroid.

13. One of the associations for endocrinologists list any TSH over a 3.0 is hypothyroid. I can't remember which one but I'm sure you can find it when you research. That should help your case.

14. MsYo

MsYo Silver

I ordered Thyro-Gold...... waiting for it to arrive while I research other options. I'm researching everything available. Would being on HCG when I had the last tests be a cause for concern? I probably need another ASI to confirm where my adrenals are now. I'm sure my morning range is still low considering how crappy I feel.

15. MsYo

MsYo Silver

New Labs coming soon. New Doctor visit today. BUMPING for my reference. Added pregnenolone to the mix, lost a little weight, and exercising (strength training).

16. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Bumping for reference. Starting a journal. More updated labs. Zinc deficiency, drop in progesterone, and Hemoglobin and Hemotocrit. Waiting for hair nutritional analysis.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ok...................