1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Common Cold, Cold Sores, and Chapped Lips

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Huck, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

About a month ago, I had a cold (congestion, aches, sore throat, cough, but no fever). As far as I can remember, this is the only cold I have ever had and I only had the flu twice. About a week after the cold, I got cold sores (which I understand is fairly common). When the cold sores went away, I started having chapped lips. The only time I have had chapped lips before was from severely cold weather.

I asked my doc if this was an indicator of something that I should be concerned about. She said the cold sores were from the cold, and she understood what I was asking, but didn't know why I would have caught a cold for the 1st time.

Any ideas? Could it be as simple as being dehydrated?

ETA: I just turned 68, which is why I am suspect about these things happening for the 1st time.

ETA 2: I used campho-phenique on the cold sores and then used it on chapped lips. Could that be what is causing the chapped lips? I will stop using it and see if that helps.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017