1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Coming to terms with dying - other people that is

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Aussie Nana, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I agree and understand this. Unfortunately, in the meantime, four of my friends (in their 40s & early 50s, with young children) have contracted cancer (one MS) and died, another just developed cancer (while pregnant, with 5 young children, she is not yet 40), my sister is 30 and has had 3 brushes with cancer so far, two other close relatives had died from preventable modern disease, my in-laws are living in physical misery (despite eating a moderate fat, low grain, no wheat life), & my parents are rapidly plummeting into poor health (ever since listening to the doc & starting statins & cutting out beef).

This is all in the six years since I first woke up, threw out processed food, dramatically increased fat, got rid of chemicals in my home and on my person, started getting outside more, more sun, more temp swings, and started cutting back on the EMF. It all began changing, dramatically, six years ago, and has changed more and more ever since, and I'm afraid that by the time they start asking me what might help them, they will all be dead.

2. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

You cannot do anything for people who are not ready to receive except to be there when they are ready.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bingo........if people dont like where the science goes they leave. That is their problem not mine. I realized 7 yrs ago that many people who you'd think want to know could really care less because they are riding their current wave of luxury...........I'm not here for them......I am here for those who want to listen in to Mother Nature because they are curious.

4. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Well, DD, that was exactly my point. I can't do anything but wait. And by the time they're ready, they're likely going to be dead.

5. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

We must not let our frustration turn to anger or impatience. I read a quote years ago from the Dalai Lama. When asked by an interviewer what the most important thing we can do he said, "Greet everyone with a smile." At the time I thought this was simplistic nonsense. Now that I have some understanding of oxytocin and it's mechanism I think he may be right. Bringing a smile to the table is a game changer. A smile creates an oxytocin response in both the smiler and the smiled upon. This creates receptivity. Preaching, warning and telling people what they should or shouldn't do creates resistance. Make yourself beautiful, smile onto it. That smile may save someone's life.

6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Great stuff here Dali - a great reminder as well of what is most important.

7. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Nope, no anger or impatience with my loved ones. My long years throwing myself into Catholic meditation and study of the saints and deep prayer have taught me that well.

Several years ago, some ladies & I were in a small prayer/study group, and we made a resolution to greet everyone with a smile the coming week. I was so moved by the effect it has on humanity and myself that I've made it a habit ever since. It is powerful. The only times it gets really tough is when my energy levels are very, very low.

8. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I guess I don't have too many problems with friends and family. I am known as pretty out there anyway. Due to my success on a low carb diet, many friends and family members have gone either straight low carb or have been adding more saturated fats to their diet. Of course, my immediate family eats the way I cook, but so far, other than CT, my family, near and far, has not been willing to try any of the other suggestions. I do have some close relatives with some serious illnesses, and they are following the low-fat near-vegetarian approach. It isn't working, but I don't say anything anymore to them because it is too disruptive. But it is hard to read their blogs, beating themselves up for going off plan at a bbq, and then exercising like mad to get back on track. And unfortunately, after initial weight loss changes blood lipids, things go back to the current levels, and they are pressured by their docs to do more. Currently I do not share Kruse's recommendations with my friends. I think they are looking for more weight loss before they jump in. My immediate family has started going to the beach with me, but so far no serious dunking. I am hoping that some family members will take up some interest in the EMF series, in fact, I think they would be perfect in an emf-remediation business. I am also hoping that some sanity will be introduced/restored on the Kruse-ship and I can recommend reading again. Lately, this site has been my guilty pleasure/train-wreck and most people surrounding me have neither the time of the patience to sift through this.

9. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I was hoping that losing 50lb down to my high school weight, with no starving and no exercise, would be enough to trigger interest in my family, but so far, nothing.

10. Birdy

Birdy New Member

@MG, my weight loss has stalled, but I have been surprised that people won't even try the face dunks, that is, people who have already spent a fair amount of time in northern cultures and have seen it, and are having trouble sleeping. I don't get it, a face dunk won't crack your face open and squish out your brains. (like lack of sleep lol)
    I think the next group to get interested are the surfers. I have met some of the guards at my fave beach, and during the off-season they are all surfing in wetsuits. They always do a drive-by, and then slow down to make sure everything is OK. Most people think I have fallen in and am in some sort of trouble.

11. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

Thank you for this post Dali Dula. I never use to smile and people would always say my smile was pretty if only I would smile. I went to a Certified Rolfer and had the 10 series done and I will never forget when she rolfed my mouth--ugh that hurt . After that session it was like it freed me to smile or gave me an ease my mouth had never experienced. After that day I have never stopped smiling, even when down.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

This has turned into a great thread. I love what everyone is saying. A smile surely costs us nothing and the rewards are enormous. I love smiling at little kids ...... The payback is huge!

13. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

14. hahaha my losses and current state o being has for sure triggered interest as well as lots of questions. Which promptly stop and I can see them trying to run away when I start to mention "eat more fat" "I didn't exercise" "I took ice baths". . .etc.

15. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Sounds like my family & friends

caroline likes this.
  16. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I totally agree Inger, it has taken me along time to realise you have to look after yourself first before you can look after someone else & it's not selfish. :):)

caroline likes this.