1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Combined Quantlet feedback thread

Discussion in 'The Quantlet' started by Matthias, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

a 2000 mAh, 7.4 V lithium polymer battery from patent app
  2. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

Dexter, I have used the apple ipad charging block with my quantlet with successful charging.
    Dextery likes this.
  3. Yowanas

Yowanas New Member

Hi Joe,
    My first quantlet died march 24. They sent a second one a month ago. it is awesome but now it is buzzing again like the last one. I had been using the square ipad 2.4 amp charger. Then i read the thread about it being too strong. Now I am using a 1 amp charger but i fear i am too late. Suggestions?
  4. Dextery

Dextery New Member

Josh, is the ipad charger a 1.5 amp 5 watt unit? There are several on the internet.
  5. DLO

DLO StarFish

Delivery incomplete
    There was a temporary problem delivering your message to info@quantlet.com. Gmail will retry for 45 more hours. You'll be notified if the delivery fails permanently.
  6. Joe Gavin

you're missing the "s" at end of quantlet: info@quantlets.com
  7. Joe Gavin

I havent experienced any buzzing. i initally charged with 12w/5.2v/2.4amp Apple charger overnight as suggested. havent had any issues with my beta model to date and I use twice or more a day. I ususally charge overnight as we.

Apple has a 10w, 5.1 v, 2.1 amp charger that you can try as well. which is in the middle of their cube charger (5w, 5V, 1A) and the 12w ive been using. I'm learning a little bit more about Li-ion batteries and chargers will share when i can. Its a three fold combo of wattage, voltage and amperage.
  8. Joe Gavin

QUICK TIP — What’s the difference between Amps, Volts and Watts?
    We get the question, “What’s the difference between amps, volts and watts?” enough that we thought we would address it here. There are some fairly complicated answers to this question but we thought we’d try to simplify the answer by using an analogy.

If we think of electricity as water flowing through a pipe it can help us understand amps, volts and watts. Amps would be the volume of water flowing through the pipe. The water pressure would be the voltage. Watts would be the power (volts x amps) the water could provide (think back to the old days when water was used to power mills). So with this analogy in mind the definitions below for amp, volt and watt should be easier to understand:

Amp – an ampere is the unit for measuring electricity. The accepted standard unit used for measuring how fast an electric current flows is an example of an ampere.

Volt – the basic unit of electromotive force in the SI and MKS systems, equal to the electromotive force, or difference in potential, that causes a current of one ampere to flow through a conductor having a resistance of one ohm.

Watt – the basic unit of electric, mechanical, or thermal power in the SI and MKS systems, equal to one joule per second or 10 ergs per second (of a horsepower): for electric power it is equal to one volt-ampere.

Back to our analogy; electricity is the flow (like water) of electrons through a conductor like a wire. The rate at which electricity flows is measured as an electric current. The electric current is measured in amps. What makes the current flow? In our water analogy we could say a battery would be the pump that makes the water flow which creates pressure in the pipe. The pressure is the voltage. And as we said before the watts are the power the water could provide (like to a mill wheel). The watt is a measure of how much power is released each second.

We hope you now have a better understanding of the difference between amps, volts and watts.
  9. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

says 5.1v 2.1A
    Dextery likes this.
  10. killefer762

killefer762 New Member

Rubicon likes this.
  11. Dextery

Dextery New Member

From an overnight charge I ran wellness protocol first thing in the morning. At the end of that session the Quantlet was showing 5 bars. Then about two hours later, I ran the P60 protocol. At the end of that session, the battery was depleted down to one bar. The P60 sure uses up battery life very quickly in the 60 minutes. The Tec and fan really sucks up the battery charge. Caution is advised to pay attention to state of charge before running any protocol. Do not deplete the battery life to zero as you may not be able to wake up the Quantlet if you do.
  12. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

I found a person on the Quantum Facebook group that offered her extra Quantlet for sale and I jumped on the opportunity. It was shipped to a US holding address, brought across the border into Canada, and re-shipped to my home address. A kind-of, Quantlet underground railroad. :)
    Thanks to everyone that helped get a Quantlet to me!

I've been using an old 5V 1.0Amp Samsung smartphone charger Model ETA0U61JBE to charge my Quantlet without issue for the last 3 days. I ran the P60 routine twice back-to-back and took the quantlet battery down to zero bars, but sofar it still charges quickly and completely holds a charge overnight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    TatorTodd and Dextery like this.
  13. Jamie Ward

Jamie Ward Gold

Hi,

I posted via contact form a week or so ago about problem with quantlet working. Problem occured about 6 weeks - 2 months after delivery

Only the red/IR LEDs are working. None of the other colours are coming, including the TEC plate. I have tried letting the battery die out and re charging etc and I am having no luck via app or default mode. I looked to check if the connector to the TEC side hadn't been dislodged and this was not the cause.

Current state: red and IR lights are still working.

Thanks,

Jamie
    Aaron (Azza) and MonteD like this.
  14. MonteD

MonteD New Member

EXACT same problem I'm having. If you find a solution please share it. I was also told I would get a return authorization in the mail and that hasn't come yet for weeks now....
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I've sent this page to the folks who solve these issues.
    MonteD likes this.
  16. enyaw

enyaw Silver

It will not turn on.
    I first received it on May 11. I charged it for more than four hours. I used it multiple times flawlessly until May 15. On May 15 it shutdown mid-protocol and i was unable to turn it back on. Later that afternoon it turned on. I charged it, then used it again on the 16th. On May 17th it shutdown mid-protocol again and it has not turned on since.
    I've tried charging it. I use the included cable plugged into the USB female port that plugs into the wall socket to charge my iPhone. I just read one of Joe Gavin's posts suggesting to put it in the freezer overnight, let it thaw, then try charging again. Is that in-warranty? I'll give that a shot if it is.
    It will not turn on. I don't know if it is holding a charge or not.
    Yes, I contacted that address on May 15, then again on May 23.
  17. DLO

DLO StarFish

After my initial problems i've been pretty lucky as far as charging. I was just using an old blackberry 800ma charger for it initially. Then jumped on the 2.4 bandwagon.
    Went over seas and had my wall adapter blow out the breaker on the whole floor. Decided to use my battery bank which has separate 1.0A port and 2.4A outputs instead to charge which has worked well. Then decided what the heck i'll try my laptop and even that worked well. So knock on wood. Use it about 3-4/day have the most weirdly darkened inner wrists people must thing i'm doing needles or something lol.
    WalterNL and seanb4 like this.
  18. Joe Fang

Joe Fang New Member

I got the Quantlet to light up / charge using the 2.4A USB Wall Charger. It is fully functional. Already did a 30 min Performance protocol!
  19. killefer762

killefer762 New Member

I read on this forum that if you put the quantlet in the freezer it may help it charge, since mine stopping charging after working well.

I told I did that to info@quantlets.com and they responded why I put it in the freezer because the humidity and temperature range are not within the devices's operating parameters, and if the device is damaged this will not be covered by warranty.
    seanb4 likes this.
  20. DLO

DLO StarFish

That was me I did not put it in there after use while it was hot/warm. I put it in there room temp for 20-30 mins.
    It was not turned on so it could not have been "operating" outside of the devices design parameters.