1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Combined Quantlet feedback thread

Discussion in 'The Quantlet' started by Matthias, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Matthias

Matthias New Member

For BETA testers and other early adopters

This post is to assist the Quantlet team on diagnosing problems with the early release, and compile all the test cases. We can also reply to each others' responses and queries if anybody discovers any solutions.

Post the following information:

• The problem that you've encountered with your Quantlet
    • When your Quantlet stopped working (relative to when you received it)
    • Have you tried anything in-warranty to try and fix it?
    • The current state of the Quantlet (e.g. will it still charge, will any of the protocols run, etc...)
    • Did you contact info@quantlets.com and describe your problem already?
    ~~~
    • After using my Quantlet for Performance 30, I used the app to change it to Sleep/Relaxation. Since using that protocol, only the red LEDs turn on (and the cold plate has also stopped working)
    • It stopped working about a week after receiving it
    • I've tried using multiple devices to pair with the Quantlet and use the Performance 30 setting; custom protocols to force the other LEDs to activate; let the batter run to zero and then re-charge
    • It will work, and the software will link (meaning that the app will send signal about a protocol working), but only the red LEDs work
    • I contacted them within a day of discovering the problem

Hopefully all of our feedback can help the team study case-by-case situations to try and diagnose the problems. The clearer the information, the more easily (and quickly) they can help fix the problems.

Good luck everyone!

Aaron (Azza), seanb4 and fitness@home like this.
  2. (cross-posting from the biohacking thread)

What kind of USB charger are you using, Kovita?

I could be wrong, but I suspect some of the charging issues that people are having, might be caused by USB chargers that are not sufficiently powerful.

seanb4 likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I had a cell phone that was not able to get sufficient charge from USB in my car.
    Nuisance on trips when using cell as GPS.
    It would charge but not able to replace all used charge, so on longer trip the battery charge would go down.

I was able to quickly charge that same phone,while driving, by shutting it down completely.
    So there was a high spare power available.
    It must have been problem of software within the phone.

Eventually I replaced cell phone.

4. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

I am out of the country and won't get to open and test my Quantlets for at least 4 to 6 months. Does anyone know how long the warranty is good for? I know the information is probably included in the package, but since I don't have it....
    Thank you.

seanb4 likes this.
  5. Meg M

Meg M New Member

I just heard back from Quantum Dynamics about charging the Quantlet and thought I'd share.

The Quantlet should be fully charged (4 hr) before each use. To charge, connect to the included USB-C charging cord. If using a different cord, connect to a wall outlet, not a laptop USB port. The button must be flashing orange or it isn't charging. Once plugged in, if the orange light isn't flashing, hold the button down until it is. When done charging, press and hold the button until the Quantlet powers off in order to conserve the battery charge.

Hope this helps!

Tommyboy, Freader and fitness@home like this.
  6. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

The Quantlet doesn't ship with a charger designed for the battery it uses?

I wonder if the Quantlet team could clarify if the type of charger used will affect the charging time and/or battery life? I've got a bunch of different low/high power, slow/rapid chargers that I typically use with my multiple wireless devices ;). I have a feeling I'll be using my Quantlet so much that it will be worth choosing the best charger.

7. Meg M

Meg M New Member

The Quantlet does come with its own charging cord. I was told that any phone or other charger with a USB female plug and a standard output of 5 volts will work. The most important part is that the orange flashing light is on, indicating charging.

Joe Fang, Joe Gavin and Rubicon like this.
  8. Valerie

Valerie Gold

Two key aspects that can be used to improve battery life...
    Keep the battery at room temperature - don't store in hot car or sun
    I also try to minimize depth of discharge during use. By that I mean, after discharging battery 50% I charge it up again. If you discharge it all the way (100%) your total cycle life is less.
    Another aspect is the method of charge, but we have no control over that.

9. Brick Fit House

Brick Fit House New Member

• The Quantlet didn't come with any way to charge it. It has a cord, but none of my wall outlets have a USB port. Only the standard grounded 110v outlet, you know? Yes, I have figured out how to plug into the adapter I use for my phone, or my computer, but on principle the Quantlet should come with a way to charge itself on its own I think.
    • When I plug it in, it stays dark. I have to press the button to get it to start blinking orange and charging. On principle, it should begin charging as soon as it's plugged in I think.
    • My girlfriend has a new iPhone 6+. I have an android. We both downloaded the app and are using the same Quantlet. I've noticed that the operation with the iPhone is seamless. Bluetooth pairs beautifully, everything is smooth, life is good. On the android, however, the bluetooth often fails to pair. Also, when you do get it to pair, there's no way to get back to the "now happening" screen (with the real-time metrics/stats) once you've left it. Bummer. Again, everything works perfectly on the iPhone, but there are pairing problems with the android.
    • The TEC seems to be very intermittent. It'll feel cold for a couple minutes, but then there are a few minutes of nothing from the metal plate. Then it's cold again, and life is good. Haven't tried them all, but so far the protocols for which it's intermittent are the Manual Mode, P30, P60, and the Wellness protocol.
    • In the rest/sleep protocol, it's just red lights and no cold. Is this by design?
    • Speaking of which, I would LOVE to have a record of the proportion of lights, Hz pulses, and other data on each protocol so that I could emulate them (with slight changes) in my own Custom Protocols. I am disappointed that there is no instruction or guidance in this regard; at least something like, "The Performance protocols look like this on the sliding meters (IR/r/g/b/v), TEC is on," or "The sleep/recovery protocol has these IR/r/g/b/v levels and Hz pulses, TEC is off," or similar. Would take 20 minutes for someone to put that info up on the forum or a landing page like thequantlet.com/recipes or something like that.
    • I got done doing a quick Manual Mode, but then my gf wanted to fire up a performance protocol. After it was done with my MM, it just blinked green and could not be located by bluetooth on her phone. We had to press/hold to get it to go off, then press/hold to get it back to blinking blue pairing mode. Then it worked fine. Not a huge deal, but it should probably default back to pairing mode or automatically pair following protocols.
    • Any way to make it automatically pair to bluetooth when it fires up if the bluetooth on the phone in question is switched on? I have to manually pair it every time and it's tedious, especially on my android phone, which takes about on/off 5 power cycles to get it paired using chance/luck.
    • There should be a way to select which protocol runs as the default. Right now it's Manual Mode; you press/hold for 5 seconds after the blinking blue light, then it glows steady orange and you're on for 30 minutes of Manual Mode. Which is cool (btw, what is the ir/r/g/b/v level and hz recipe for Manual Mode?), but it would be cool if, say, you only wanted to use Wellness protocol or P60 for a while, and you could establish one of those protocols as the protocol that will run when you take the Quantlet out and jump-start it like you currently do with Manual Mode. "What your default is," in other words. I'd like to be able to do a bunch of P60s without opening the app, for example.
    Super nitpicky and pedantic, I know. Just doing my duty as a Beta Tester, haha. And yes, I've sent the above to info@quantlets.

10. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

For those thinking Quantlet is dead and Bracelet Sizing:

Bracelet Sizer:

The Quantlet team is working on a bracelet sizer to accommodate smaller and larger wrist sizers. I’ll keep you informed when available.
    Charging the Quantlet:

The Quantlet should be fully charged (4 hr) before each use. To charge, connect the device to a WALL OUTLET using the included USB-C charging cord, not a computer.

Once plugged into the wall, hold the power button until it’s flashing ORANGE. Your Quantlet is now charging. If it’s not flashing Orange it’s not charging. I’ve found you need to hold the power button down a little longer than you may think to activate/deactivate the device.

Let it charge for a minimum of 4 hours. After charging, remove from USB and hold button to turn off device.

When done charging, press and hold the button until the Quantlet powers off in order to conserve the battery charge.

If after doing all of the above, the device is still not charging, The Quantlet team will send you a UPS label to ship unit back to company. Be advised, that if after company review that device was damaged by user, that it will not be covered by warranty.

11. Greg Padovani

Greg Padovani New Member

• The rubber strap has ripped on the opening/closing side of the device where it anchors to the top plate.
    • I have had the device since March 2nd.
    • I have not tried to glue the rubber into the housing unit as I dont think that would provide a viable solution.
    • Other than that my unit is running very well.
    • Sending an email now[​IMG]o

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  12. RWR

RWR Gold

I have no cell phone, but will get one to run the other protocols. My request is for a blog page on a specific Android phone, that will not be used to make cell phone calls, but used only with the Quantlet. What hardware and software would I need. I have a computer with Windows 10. I have a couple of self help books on Android phones. I really think there is a large group of potential Quantlet users that would benefit from these instructions.

13. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Observations on battery:

Initially, I could fully charge the unit to steady pink and then turn it off and store for the next morning's use.

Now when I charge it fully and turn it off, the battery does NOT hold the charge overnight. At times the battery fully discharges overnight, other times it will just be down to two bars.

I will send this observation to Quantlet support.

Seems I may have to keep it on the charger if I want a full charge in the morning.

14. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Update: Charged unit yesterday and have used it for four protocols so far. Two Wellness and two Sleep/Relaxation modes.

Battery still has life in it. Not really sure what the difference is this time around.

Screenshot_20170319-081759.png

15. RWR

RWR Gold

Love the Quantlet, better sleep, peeing better, more energy, and the real biggie, is I am hydrated. The wrinkles in the palm of my hand are gone, as are the lines in my face. I have gained about 5 lbs, which I have been trying to do for several years.

The bad new is that my Quantlet has stopped working. No lights and no ability to charge. I have contacted Qunatlet.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

FDA Approves Noctiva (desmopressin acetate) Nasal Spray for Nocturia in Adults

NOCTIVA 0.83 mcg or 1.66 mcg

----------------------
    Desmopressin is used in the treatment of central diabetes insipidus (DI) as a replacement for endogenous antidiuretic hormone (ADH) that is in insufficient quantity due to decreased or non-existent secretion or production of ADH by the posterior pituitary or hypothalamus, respectively.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  17. Kevin W

Kevin W Gold

Still waiting for a call from the Quantlet folks on my unit. No longer charges - no lights come on. Yes I did follow directions, use in standard mode, used about 10 times or so just relaxing during each session. On the 21st of March they said they would like to call and have me try something which I would be more than happy to do. Hope to hear from them soon. Would really like to use this.

18. Allin

Allin New Member

When I use the Performance protocols, much more battery is consumed then when using Wellness protocol.

19. Mikeg

Mikeg New Member

cooling plate uses a lot of battery power

20. About a month into using it, the button no longer responds to me holding it down. It also loses its charge if it is not left plugged in overnight.