1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Colloidal Silver

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Glamazon, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

I am going to start colloidal silver for my SIBO. Buying CS is very, very outrageously expensive. Sometimes it is up to $25 for a few ounces and quality and safety wildly varies. I usually take about 1/4 cup to drink in the morning and in the evening depending on context and problems. That cost adds up fast. I make it for pennies on the quart in just a few hours.

I bought some professional equipment which paid for itself quickly. There are DIY systems out there but I am not so trusting of my build skills.

Here is what I use. I get no compensation for posting this here:

http://www.thesilveredge.com/

Everything you need to know about taking colloidal silver is on this site.

seanb4 likes this.
  2. That seems like a lot. I bought a spray and it was 20 sprays twice a day. I went for about two weeks. Honestly can't say I notice any difference except I felt like I was picking up weight. Read someone else post that when they use colloidal silver they stopped losing weight?? (Love to know how ur losing btw).

Any thoughts on that?

3. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

Not using it to lose weight. It is to fight infections and it works great. I am going to be using it on healing SIBO.

I drink anywhere from a fourth of a cup to to 1 cups a day when I use it. I take it nasally as with a neti pot to clear up sinuses and I have put it in my ears. It works for many things. The link I provided gives all the great uses for it.

Silver is a natural anti infective that is used on surgical and burn patients as well.

One always has to be aware of dosage, concentration and context of use.

My hormones are trashed. That makes my weight loss very problematic and frustrating. I have to fix my gut to get my hormones into optimal. When my hormones are more optimal then I should be seeing optimization in weight loss. It's a long process.

I expect for SIBO it will take more than a week of constant, structured use.

4. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I've also used it for infections or when I feel I'm coming down with something: 1T 3X a day.

You can over do it. Remember reading about someone turning blue permanently from taking outrageous amounts!

5. Glamazon

Glamazon Gold

People who turn blue did it wrong. That guy is making a killing on being the poster boy on how not to do it, i.e. didn't do their research. Googles will show plenty of debunking of his problem. Refer to the link I posted in my first post.

6. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I've used lots of it for family and horses and if it is really colloidal it will not turn you blue...I made it myself too for a long time, but don't any longer.

7. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

K, thanks.

Will read your link, Glamazon.

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I have been taking this for about a week at roughly 12 tbsps per day and noticed a significant decrease in heart palpitations.
    What is the action behind its effect? Is it just by the silver coming into content with bacteria and killing them? Does it do anything else?
    Have my palpitations reduced by the silver killing bacteria in my blood stream / gut allowing my immune system to deal with other stuff (leaky gut?) causing less overall stress to my body and thus less palps; Or is another mechanism at play?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  9. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I make it too because I sometimes use large amounts (litres at a time) on horses for hoof/frog infections. I make it at 10ppm - goes a gold colour (if it subsequently goes greyish throw it out because the silver has coagulated) and have used it myself at times. When I first started taking it at 1 teaspoon/day I got a rash down the outside of my right leg and wondered if it was forcing something like candida to the surface. I've used it as a mouthwash and also sprayed it in eyes on both horses and people. It works great for eye infections. Once had a whole herd with conjunctivitis - sprayed them once in the morning and once in the afternoon and the next day it was gone.

In one of the webinars, Dr K. describes using it in a surgical sponge to heal a surgical wound from the inside out by changing and withdrawing the sponge as the wound closed.

10. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

BTW, the turning blue condition is called Argria (Ar = Silver)

11. BTA

BTA New Member

the wrong form of colloidal silver is deadly and/or not effective. The home machines are garbage at best and deadly at worst. Vast majority of stuff sold via OTC is uselss and far too weak to have any effect.

There are at least 4 different forms on the market being called "COLLOIDAL SILVER":

1 electro-colloidal silver
    2 mild silver protein
    3 silver salts
    4 powdered silver

You can only purchase the correct form via a medical provider. Ask for Bio-active Hydrosol. The form used is not "colloidal" or "ionic" - it's Angstrom Scale Colloid. The product I use contains (confirmed by lab testing) to have 1000 ppm. Far higher than anything sold OTC.

12. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

Why is bio-active hydrosol the only good one. What is different?

Like I said, I'm getting some results from the silver biotics so it has to be doing something... is that a hyrosol?

13. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

The generator I have works by electrolysis - a small transformer connected with two alligator clips to two silver electrodes/rods suspended in distilled water. I measure strength with a ppm meter and aim for 10ppm. Anything above about 12-13 ppm and the silver begins to plate out onto the glass container.

The company I bought the devices from also makes colloidal silver which looks and works exactly the same as the stuff I make - I've used their product as well. Their product was tested at 60% colloidal silver and 40% ionic silver.

I dunno about all the arguments about what is and isn't colloidal silver proper - I just know the stuff I make at home works.

14. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Sounds like the same machine I have…and the stuff I have made has worked for infections really well. I also have bought silver OTC and have had good results with it….

If the silver is getting at infection, I would image you are going to see a lot of changes….that is it's primary effect as far a I know.

15. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I have a veterinary silver formula that is chelated…they sell to the profession and claim that this works better for wounds than other forms. I really can't answer your question Sean, but I would go with your results and keep researching. Every silver product claims to be the only one that works….it's just the way it is. Good luck

seanb4 likes this.
  16. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Silver, as a colloid, is reported to kill over 600 disease causing organisms like, bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites. This happens in a matter of minutes upon direct contact. The silver does not attack them directly, but destroys the enzymes they depend on for oxygen. Therefore resistant strains should not be able to develop and the body does not develop a tolerance. http://www.healthhouse.co.nz/pamphlets/colloidal-silver-generator-instructions-(738kb).pdf