1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

ColdBren's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ColdBren, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Ok, so you will heal. One time I had the ice pack made with alcohol so it was super cold. My compression shirt rode up and I didn't realize I had sat there freezing a large chunk of fat for an hour. It was HARD FROZEN. Like a spare tire had gotten stuck between to bags o ice. F R O Z E N through and through. It healed up fine. I also don't have a fat-free spot there though, like I was wondering if it would cause a big fatless indentation. It did not.

There is so much more I want to understand about apoptosis.

My message is, you'll be fine!

2. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

That is good news! Those cells must have gone through apoptosis....I am hoping for both of us.

3. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Just wanted to expand on my UARS post in ask Jack section. I was not diagnosed officially. I had 2 sleep studies many years ago and they both saw many arousals but no actual apnea. But UARS seems to be exactly this. It just makes so much sense doesn't it? My lungs are collapsing and sending the signal to my brain to panic. This constant low grade stress and poor sleep is creating my cortisol, thyroid and other hormone issues. Since progesterone controls how the tongue and throat relaxes during sleep, it makes sense that my condition gets worse around my period. It all seems to fit. I am so hopeful about this and excited to think about the implications of solving this PLUS becoming optimal with epi-paleo....I just hope I haven't done too much damage. I hope you see this Dr. K and tell me your thoughts.

4. Sistagrok

Sistagrok Shanee

I know what you mean Bren , it's a vicious circle!

Do you have the episodes throughout the night? Or just at the beginning stages of sleep?

That would pretty much determine whether it's UARS or not I would think.

Also, usually patients are unaware of the events.

If it is UARS, maybe an oral appliance would work for you?

5. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

I'm not positive, I only wake up with the panic in the early stages. My sleep study never said I had any type of central sleep apnea, but I am not totally convinced.

6. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Reading this with interest as I've had the killer wake ups you describe but always thought it was a panic attack too. After your Ask Jack on UARS what googling I did taught me the sleep centers have to be looking for this because most don't. Might find me a place who specializes in this to see about it. I have a Zeo to help quantify my sleep so I already know I wake up lots that I'm not even aware of, but what my oxygen etc is doing of course I have no idea...

7. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Hi Krusing! Sistagrok has a theory that salyclates are causing these episodes....and you know...as I have been avoiding them....they are actually diminishing.

8. Sistagrok

Sistagrok Shanee

It's really more of a reality than a theory for myself after much research and testing, but we have been discussing that this may be the issue for ColdBren too.

It's such an odd, uncommon issue that it's quite surmisable that it is the same condition that I had.