1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

ColdBren's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ColdBren, Apr 27, 2012.

1. LinD

LinD New Member

God Bless you, my friend.

[glad to see Colleen and the other replies on the other thread to help you. :) ]

Sprint Samsung Epic

2. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Well you sure are in the right place to regain your health! And I don't believe in coincidences!!

3. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Thanks all!

Okay today is starting out good (except for some caffeine....but the caffeine makes me feel amazing) I am starting the regular dhea...really small amounts and TINY amount of pregnenalone.....otherwise I get palps. I relistened to the last webinar and heard the part where dr. k says cryotherapy may be good for hashi people. I am really scared about cryotherapy because I think I have some other issues going on and cryo is crazy cold...like dr. k once said, the body isn't designed for temps like that. I would be interested in learning more though. I am so excited for the webinar and hoping to make the so cal beach dip that night.....still working on that.

I need to get my carbs down. It really may be that simple for the overall answer. ALl the other things I am doing would probably pay off 10 fold if I could just get the carbs down. I am trying to work on positivity and focus. I listen to the monk book on audio every chance I get, its only 2.5 hours so I pop in in while cleaning the house.....its great. Well day is half done....pretty good so far....hopefully will get through that carb craving that usually comes in the next few hours.

4. LinD

LinD New Member

Fantastic!

Sorry if you already shared this, but have you tried the Leptin Reset and the BAB?

Sprint Samsung Epic

5. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Here's hoping you made it past the carb cravings!

6. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Yes I am definitely BABing and trying to follow the Leptin Rx. I followed the diet exactly as planned today...this is so rare. But, I feel shaky...like low blood sugar. For dinner I had shrimp (lots of them) crab meat and some rasberries/strawberries. I ate it at 4 pm. For some reason when I eat what I plan, I feel this way. Its like my body sabotages itself. Usually when this happens and it gets bad enough, I feel I need to eat carbs to feel better...so I do and it calms me down. I will never progress if I can't get past this.

7. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Have you tried adding more fat? Shrimp and crab aren't very fatty..... I have once in a while experienced what feels like a blood sugar crash... Apparently our )$$)&@ livers can go ahead and create glucose in response to stress.....even on a keto diet....and then the cycle begins, which is over release of insulin, crash again, etc. Which is what I desperately want to avoid!!

So I'm learning that finding my Zen is key (and sounds like you work at this also). Maybe try some CO when you feel like that or add more fat to meals....seems to work for me so far but as always, ymmv!

8. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

/ That sounds exactly like what is happening....how do you stop it? I use a lot of co. oil, cooked my shrimp in it. Use it in my bab too. I wonder if the armour is causing it? I am on day 3 of 15 mg and feel really anxious, more so than usual....and I am usually anxious ...OY

9. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Diet was good today, but again chose to abuse the caffeine so I could get work done. By 1 pm I was of course, shaky and regretted the caffeine...this is the cycle I go through all the time.....like a drug addict. People on this site were talking about high doses of vitamin C and it stayed in my mind and as I was searching the internet for adrenal support I came across vitamin C info.....somehow I had never read about vitamin C for adrenal support, or I had just not noticed it. Anyway, I decided to take and emergen-c.....and instantly...my shakiness went away. I am very pleased with the direction everything is going. I feel like I am really in recovery, finally.

10. I used to have real bad Low blood sugar crashes too. For me it was one of two things - eating something that triggered my adrenals to send out the SOS for energy (as in liver make sugar we're under attack) or too much protein not enough fat. I did a week of Quelsen coconut milk shakes (canned coconut milk, CO, HWC, nutmeg, cinnamon) and feel a lot better now. Just a suggestion but beware I wont say this won't make you pick up a couple lbs.

Check out this blog, it exPlains the whole "I'm on a keto diet and feel like crap" phenom- http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/category/low-carb-diets/

Good luck! And I feel ya on the coffee. Are you at least putting CO in your coffee? And using really good coffee , like upgraded coffee from bulletproof exec?

11. I always forget something in the Q shake - here it is from Shijin!

Quelsen has a great coconut milk shake - 1 can whole fat coconut milk, a little drop of stevia, 100% dark chocolate powder, 1/4c of HWC, cinnamon, and nutmeg - blend up and drink 3x/day w/meals - you'll be a fat burner in no time. I took the more gradual approach and did that 1x/day. your body is still relying on carbs as its main fule - which is why you're getting the "Carb" flu....

12. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

wow, that shake looks so good. do you drink it with every meal?

13. I personally only drank one can a day. Quelsen says he drank one at every meal. It is really good but coconut milk makes me bloat, so one was enough for me!

14. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Darnit what is HWC again??

15. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

coconut oil makes you bloat....then it does for me too I bet.....i always have this pooch. LOL kruising : HWC = heavy whipping cream

16. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Oh yeah!!! Why couldnt I think of that. I've avoided all dairy but i am giving this shake a try

17. I made it without the HWC and it still tasted good :) Sometimes I put extra MCT oil in. I don't think I ever made it the same way twice! I usually had half with BAB and half with lunch. I really noticed a difference in how I felt but like I said, if you are trying not to gain, I can't make any gaurentees in that department...

18. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Jennifer, mct doesn't make you bloat? Maybe I need to move more towards that?

19. I don't notice a problem with MCT or with CO. It's coconut MILK that makes me bloat. But it's hard to say because I think bloating from CO means die off is happening which is a good thing. Whereas, bloating from coconut milk is more like a FODMAP thing. Hard to say really...I mean how do you know if you have die off bloat or my body doesn't like this food bloat??? So maybe bloat is good? LOL

20. ColdBren

ColdBren New Member

Havent kept up with the journal for a few days, but fortunately kept up with the diet pretty well. Scale doesn't show it, but I see a difference. For me it has been planning and eating the same plan on most days. I have been upping my vut. C and I think it is helping my adrenals. I overdid it with an icepack the other day, to where it left marks (almost gone know thank God) ....but I am thinking if zeltiq uses a temperature where you dont get surface damage but still causes apoptosis.....maybe I can be certain I have causesd apoptosis....because I actually had surface damage? Maybe a bright side to my mistake?