1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cold packs versus baths

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by LisaLearning, Oct 23, 2014.

1. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

I've been making radical improvements to my diet, and working my way into CT. I've tried a couple of baths, but I am finding that getting in a tepid bath, cooling it down enough, etc., and keeping it separated, time-wise, from my normal slightly-warm shower, is eating up a lot of time that I don't have due to some additional commuting I have to do.

So I thinking about multi-tasking. I've used several frozen cold packs on my abdomen, lower tummy and tops of thighs when I am at my desk, or sitting in the living room, and I can get a nice long exposure that way, and my skin gets cold and numb, and no signs of any damage to epidermis.

I am thinking it is not as good as cold water immersion, but I am wondering how inferior it is. Is what I am doing good enough, if I am doing it every day? I seem to remember there were comments about using the cold in order to trigger skin receptors, but then I saw comments as well about cooling near the shallowest parts of the femoral artery, which would seem to indicate systemic cooling.

Is cooling with the ice packs daily (long-term) of significant value, or am I barely making a dent compared to immersion?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

water around your skin transmits cold 24 times better than air does. Spot CT is helpful in many cases but the best way to reverse a problem or mitigate nnEMF is total immersion

3. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Thanks for the quick reply, Jack.

4. nicld

nicld Gold

I just started doing spot CT when I don't have enough time at night to do a full bath. Like you targeting the thighs and belly. Sometimes I even do it when commuting to work but just have to be careful with the pack since the "leakproof" ones I got leak.

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome Lisa! Glad you are making a time investment in your health.