1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cold is a 'Reset Button' ... what does this metaphor mean?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by lilreddgirl, Jan 8, 2016.

1. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

What does Jack mean when he said on the Time 6 blog...

" It turns out using cold in this way, is like a big reset button. It is akin to using ketosis for a neuroimmune jump."

A 'reset button' implies some ongoing activity in a certain pattern or level, and then going back to a 'reset' zero or baseline state...

In the leptin 'reset' - maybe what the 'ketosis' is mentioned for - I understood it as the body and brain are locked into a dysfunctional pattern of operation, and the Leptin Reset breaks that pattern allowing the brain and body to find and start operating on a healthy level.

So how Does this reset button metaphor work in this case ? it's not simply saying, 'Jack used cold in the dark and found that it did in fact increase dopamine levels...' ... is it like in leptin rx, saying, using cold caused a HUGE change in the way dopamine was created/ used ... that then continued in a healthy pattern afterward?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light, wakefulness, the DC electric current is fully capable of splitting our atomic lattice apart because of the energies it imparts as we live. Cold, Night, melatonin reverses this situation and brings atoms, electrons, and protons closer together.........when they come together under cold = magnetic flux = this is why the Curie temperature is always linked too cooling. As things cool they become more magnetic and anything that has magnetism is condensed and its atoms and subatomic particle become MORE likely to tunnel and entangle. Why? Read Life on the Edge. Cause I cut this series from the blog. You just need to read his book.........because his words were better than mine in my opinion.

3. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I know this information. I just want to understand. It's unfair to flood me with more complexity when I'm asking for a simple understandings... work with me. What does it mean that it is like a 'Reset Button' ?

What about the Reset Button? How was using Cold like a Reset Button... is it just that it causes a huge jump in dopamine production/regulation ?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Cpt.Tired likes this.
  4. Lilredgirl. What I think Jack means is that deep CT can quick start your dopamine levels as well as rebalance other hormones. Cold improves everything! Kills fat cells to generate heat. Improves sleep, thus improved autophagy. The list is long. Cold is the substrate most ignore or shy from. Deep CT is the quantum leap in every dimension. My two cents.

Cpt.Tired and lilreddgirl like this.
  5. And my experience. N=1

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  6. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Thank you. Quickstart your dopamine levels it is... :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  7. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I've personally experienced it working. On a vacation, I was 'semi-forced' to sleep on a turned-off waterbed in Lapland-Finland for 2+ months and lost a ton of fat without understanding how I did it at the time.

Also, I can also tell you first hand before my mother passed as a Diabetic, she always wanted to sleep at night with the windows fully open making it 50F or less in the room. She also blasted the A/C all of the time. She instinctively knew the benefits without consciously talking about it, but never ate properly... always starting and ending the day with insulin injections to compensate for her carbs that her doctor recommended she eat. She knew about ketosis about a year before she passed and wanted to convert over her diet based on the progress she saw in me, but was way too carb-dependent/addicted.

8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I believe what Jack means is that cold exposer changes the way the body regulates itself.

Its kind of like the body saying to itself, "God..I don't know what the best way is to tackling this current shitty environment. The signalling that I am getting is just F$^%ed!

But this cold exposer.. I remember that well! So I will use the program that has always worked for me in cold environments."

Plus cold exposer gives the body order (coherence) and reduces chaos (entropy)

9. Scompy

Scompy Gold

I forgot to add, since I've been sucking on ice every day since last spring (2x a day in coconut-oil-laced-iced-drinks) and CT since last summer, my gums have completely regrown back. I used to have braces and was told by countless dentists along life's way that my gum recession was gonna be bad later in life. My dentist was flabbergasted because she had on-record my past charts of gum-gaps. Localized CT is a thing too.

10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

That is awesome!:):)

Scompy likes this.
  11. cygnario

cygnario Gold

I don't think cold is a reset button at all. Cold is just a catalyst to optimal; it's optional but not required. AM UV light IS required to prevent your coconut from rotting. MOST of the rx protocols and are highly inefficient when you don't take care of your coconut - this means keeping your redox high at all times by absorbing all the frequencies of AM light and eating DHA rich foods to make sure the mitochondria in the brain are working optimally.

@Scompy That's awesome man.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Lilreddgirl, I'm wondering if it is that moving through even a good natural environment in light will cause a certain level of inflammation, and left unchecked quantum tunnelling and entanglement would be compromised. Cold, by recondensing cells and improving magnetic flux, resets the cells electron hopping and proton efficiency .. Like restarting a computer, but it's the quantum computer brain. So night, cold, melatonin, reset ....

Day, cold, dopamine .... makes survival sense in that if temperature plummets, making good decisions would be critical. Cold increases dopamine, I think it's both generally, and also because cold surfaces are able to absorb more uv and ir light. The better that is, the better sleep is ..... Back to night, cold, melatonin, quantum brain reset .....?