1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cold bath questions

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Christina marks, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Christina marks

Christina marks New Member

I added my human picture, thank you Dr. Kruse! Merry Christmas everyone!

1. I see people wearing hats during their cold water plunges...is there a reason to if you can tolerate doing it without?

2. Is there any benefit or detriment to getting out of a cold bath and right into a hot one?

2. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

I certainly dont wear a hat when I do my winter plunges.

As for hot showers/baths I never do them, always cold.

John Schumacher likes this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

Christina, the hat helps you tolerate the cold better. I used to use a hat but I dont now because i take pretty quick ice baths. You dont want your core temp to fall doing the cold therapy, so the hat helps the heat not escape too fast. A lot of heat escapes through the head.

In the beginning it can be very helpful, or later also if you do long cold exposure. Hat and gloves and socks.

Alternating cold and hot therapy has it own benefit for sure. Jack talks about that too.
    I do that in the sauna. Getting hot in the sauna and then dipping in the river or in an ice bath in between then heat and the cold.. several times. Makes you feel so good after.
    Or you can sit in a hot tube outside in the icing cold, one part of body is hot the other part cold. Very good.