1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cold adapting but still have a few issues

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by kjgraffin@yahoo.com, Oct 27, 2013.

1. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

Since my thyroid has really improved, I found myself looking forward to colder weather for the first time I can ever remember. I've been getting out and hiking with the temps in the 50's and I can't believe how great it feels. Just last Fall I was turning on the heat if it got colder than 72 in the car. Im loving being able to enjoy the cooler temps, but I'm still having a couple of issues that I can't figure out.

My ears start hurting after being out walking for about 20 minutes. They hurt down deep and not just on the outside. At first I thought it was when my heart rate went up, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It is really painful and I can't figure out why. Also, I can tolerate lower temps when I'm outside better than when I'm inside. Why is that?

Thanks for any thoughts.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you wear a hat when outside? you are much more active outside? and getting grounded and sunlight........just being in nature is wonderful.

3. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

I don't wear a hat. I used to wear ear muffs and am thinking I need to wear them again, but I would really like to know why it bothers my ears so much.

I love hiking. I've been wearing my Juil sandals so that I get lots of grounding!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

ear muffs would be fine