1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cold adaptation protocol using air per Dr. K - how do i do it?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by tulipwood, Mar 27, 2012.

1. tulipwood

tulipwood New Member

Hi

per Dr. K's faq on Cold Thermogenesis

"The physics of heat loss following cold water immersion dictate a more rapid drop in surface and core temperature than from exposure to a cold air environment. So most people will choose to use water because it works a lot faster"

I am curious how does one go about doing cold adaptation using air?

also would it be advantageous to dress lightly and be a bit chilly in my office, movie theaters, etc this summer where they run the a/c super cool vs wearing a sweater?

tx

2. Chrisgraff

Chrisgraff New Member

Seems like the easiest way to do it would be while you sleep. Dr. K says he keeps the thermostat @ 60ºF at night.

3. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

A lot depends on where you live. If you live in the North and have cold winter temps - you can just spend time outdoors and start wearing less and less layers. Eventually walking outside when it is freezing cold in short and a T - shirt.

If you live wear the temps are warmer, then you gotta us AC or work in a cooler.

That is why ice and water are easier - better access and they conduct more energy than air as well.

4. kalibex

kalibex New Member

I've been supplementing the spot icing and cold baths by wearing fewer layers when outside, especially on the random cold mornings/evenings here in New England. I'll sometimes take a jacket or sweater along in my bag as a security blanket, but ultimately there's this feeling of security in knowing that even if it's chilling and uncomfortable, that as long as it's not too close to actually being freezing outside, it's okay; your body can handle it. Also been leaving my heat off and my window cracked open, including at night. (Though felt like a wimp the other night when I had to close it during an over-night hard freeze... :eek: )