1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Coffee?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Stephen W, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Cindy Domitrovits

Cindy Domitrovits Gold Member

Thank you

Christine_L likes this.
  2. drezy

drezy New Member

3. drezy and Cindy Domitrovits like this.
  4. Cindy Domitrovits

5. Cindy Domitrovits

Which is better, raw or roasted?

6. drezy

drezy New Member

I have had chicory by itself, blended with coffee (New Orleans style), and also had dandelion root coffee. I'm not that picky and all of them work for me.

7. Cindy Domitrovits

Do you prefer one of the above over the other?

8. drezy

drezy New Member

Not really.

If I was trying to phase off coffee the natural progression might be chicory+coffee and then just straight chicory.

Chicory grows in your region. It can be a better match for you personally.

Off topic a bit, you have a very beautiful family.

9. Cindy Domitrovits

Wow thank you for the compliment. You are familiar with my son Kris!!! I was thinking the same if trying to quit coffee then the chicory coffee would be a good start and then do the chicory. Ive tried a chai chicory tea. Thank you for your opinion on this! I only drink One coffee a day and use good water to make it and grind my own beans. I only had my first coffee when I was 43 lol!

Christine_L likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

Everyone here knows Kris, @kris90 !

I read his posts carefully.

11. Cindy Domitrovits

He teaches me so much. He pushes me to go out of my comfort zone, he is very passionate and we are best buddies even thou Im his mom!!!

12. That's so beautiful and sweet to hear! I love it! Warms my heart

13. Penny

Penny New Member

oh gee, that explains a lot - thanks:) It's back to lemon ice water for me then... when the chicory is roasted it is turned into fructose... that's what the article said...

14. Penny

Penny New Member

I wonder if fresh chicory also makes you hungry... this would also explain a lot:)

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

lots of inulin.......

Cindy Domitrovits likes this.
  16. Barbie Davalos

Barbie Davalos New Member

Is it the caffeine in coffee / caffeine in general that is bad or the coffee in general?

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. Here's an update for my use of roasted chicory for the last 1.5 months.

I feel really good - probably also from drinking almost no coffee, though sometimes I do a blended new orleans style - but my digestion and BM's are truly in the optimal zone. I am not at all constipated, which given my EMF environment at work is a good thing. In my individual case, this seems to be helpful for supporting my liver (jaundice baby).

WalterNL likes this.
  19. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

I've been drinking chicory too for a while. I might be drinking it too strong because I can't do more than one cup a day (two teaspoons of chicory to make it).
    But overall I find it a good way to change habits with regards to coffee consumption.

20. @WalterNL I experienced that too. I half the scoops. For my chemex, I use only 4 scoops for the whole thing. Sometimes we add additional hot water after and it still comes out pretty strong. You could probably do a .5 to 1 scoop per cup and it'll be more tolerable.

WalterNL likes this.