1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Coffee and the gut......what is the 5G problem?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Coffee us is unwise in a 5 G world but what about caffeine in our beverages? Now we have data that Caffeine harms bacteria in gut here is link................https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6896325

The gut has more stores of serotonin in it than any other organ. What is the topologic effect of coffee/caffeine on the gut no one is speaking of?
    [​IMG]

Caffeine disrupts dopamine and serotonin regulation....because the caffeine molecule (1,3,7 trimethylxanthine) mimics adenosine; therefore, our adenosine receptors take the caffeine molecule instead of adenosine.......BIG problem is that adenosine has a role in dopamine and serotonin regulation.....no adenosine received due to caffeine mimicry = dopamine and serotonin dysregulation = possible mental cognitive problems due to changes and swings in dopamine.

2. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

And yet coffee, a bit like the promotion of wine for alcohol lovers, is touted as a great health-promoting food because of its supposed benefits, a growing list now as long as my arm.

Among many other benefits, caffeine " ... blocks the inhibitory neurotransmitter adenosine.When this happens, the amount of other neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine increases ..."

This whole health/nutrition field is rife with contradictions and incomplete understanding. Sometimes it seems you have to practice moderation in all things because you never what nasty surprises will spring out of left field.

By the way, I abstain from drinking coffee anyway.

Solidsilverteeth likes this.
  3. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

In a 5g world I would think the same applies to wine.

4. Saichi

Saichi New Member

As a well versed semi-recovering addict I've always known it was bad. Would lift my mood for 15 minutes then feel worse than before the hit afterwards and usually remainder of the day. Maybe the smallest doses after a meal nothing more than a single espresso shot wouldn't be detrimental in grand scheme. I restarted drinking cold brews with almond milk after becoming cold adapted but really need to give it up again. Only if I didn't enjoy the taste so much.

Ultimately need to change my environment or up my meditative conditioning, better both.

5. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Does this mean I have to give up eating dark chocolate. Don't like coffee.

ElectricUniverse and Alex97232 like this.
  6. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Trace amounts nothing to worry about. Real heirloom cacao not drenched in pesticides and sugar is probably the only non-native food biophotonically I'll never give up.

7. ElectricUniverse

Cacao is my favorite superfood. The Mayas and Aztecs did not call it 'Food of the Gods' for nothing.

Unfortunately, caffeine and theobromine in cacao do have powerful psychoactive and physiological effects on body, so one must consume cacao in strict moderation (although I would absolutely love to eat it several times per day).

Some of us prefer dark chocolate in traditional candy bar form. But even so-called healthy natural brands pile on a lot of 'organic fair trade cane sugar' in their bars. Except for a few more trace minerals, I don't see it essentially as any better than ordinary white table sugar.

There are some non-sugar chocolate treats out there. Lily's brand makes them with stevia as a sweetener. Much better for you.

Pure raw, powdered, unalkalized cacao without sugar is the best. Some health pundits even recommend a small snack of dark chocolate bar before bedtime, but I am convinced that practice would screw up your circadian biology and bring more grief than good.

Of course, only organic cacao should touch your lips. There is reported to be a lot of irresponsible and unsustainable practices in cacao industry-- so watch out. That admonition applies to all our foods these days.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019

8. It now becomes apparent coffee doesn't make you "bulletproof" after all ;)

9. ElectricUniverse

Dave Asprey, the Bulletproof Executive, certainly had a marketing brainstorm with his line of coffee products. I like his simple but effective step of adding good butter to a cup of coffee.

Along with other entrepreneurs like marketing genius Ben Greenfield, they are remaking the whole field of health supplements.

Still, I would not bother drinking it. My stomach churns at the thought of it. To each his own.

10. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Amphetamines are the most prescribed drug in this country, coffee's basically an over the counter version of it. Toxic fuel for the microwaved working class.

Skipped coffee and tea yesterday because of this thread. Ocean CT this morning replaced my caffeine desires.

wildperoxin likes this.

11. Agree he obviously is a very good marketeer.

I guess I would only drink butter with tea which was the original recipe if I was to climb mount Everest

https://www.eater.com/2016/8/25/12624068/butter-coffee-tea-tibet-yak

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    caroline likes this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have had tea with Yak butter ....wish I could say that I like it......

13. I have never tried it with Tea Caroline only Coffee and it was overrated to say the least.

caroline likes this.
  14. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Found a caffeine free local tea replacement that I'm excited about, lemon verbena, mint, and rose petals.

Going to ask the gardener/teamaker to make me some with just lemon verbena and rose petals next time.

15. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

Found I like dandelion & chicory tea

16. NDC74

NDC74 New Member

Just bought a ecopy of Optimized Cooking and one of the winter solstice recipe is optimal coffee. If caffeine is bad, why is it included in the eCookbook?