1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Close to suicide - adrenal problems ruining my life

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by lowbrainpower, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Accutane side effects
    Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Accutane: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Accutane and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:

• depressed mood, trouble concentrating, sleep problems, crying spells, aggression or agitation, changes in behavior, hallucinations, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;

• sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;

• blurred vision, sudden and severe headache or pain behind your eyes, sometimes with vomiting;

• hearing problems, hearing loss, or ringing in your ears;

• seizure (convulsions);

• severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;

• loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);

• severe diarrhea, rectal bleeding, black, bloody, or tarry stools;

• fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, purple spots under your skin, easy bruising or bleeding;

• severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash; or

• joint stiffness, bone pain or fracture.
    Less serious Accutane side effects may include:

• joint pain, back pain;

• feeling dizzy, drowsy, or nervous;

• dryness of the lips, mouth, nose, or skin; or

• cracking or peeling skin, itching, rash, changes in your fingernails or toenails.
    This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.

2. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

I just found out a month ago I have Lyme after 4 years of hell and like you in 2011 I was suicidal due to symptoms pushing me over the edge of sanity.

I wish someone would have thought to tell me to test for Lyme, no one ever did back then, it would have saved me at least 18k. The test is cheap $99.

Things you said, below in quotes, that scream it worth it for you to get tested for Lyme to rule out this low hanging fruit.

The only place to do it is at IGeneX.com. You will need a doctor to write a RX. The one lab you can start with is called the western blot it costs $99.

You said.

"The only thing I can think of that started this all was a flu-like illness I contracted when I was 14 and slowly recovered from over the course of a month"

The above is textbook symptom of what happens after someone gets bitten by a tic with Lyme.

Did you by any chance have any kind of rash at this time that you remember?

"I should also mention that my symptoms get MUCH WORSE after eating/drinking anything (low-carb/high-carb, low-fat/high-fat, etc.). It feels like I'm being poisoned."

Feeling poisoned is EXACTLY what I felt for the last 2 years off and on for no reason at all that made sense.... for me it's the lyme because all my stool tests are negative.

Nothing works. Labs are always fine, vitals are fine, and told 'it's all in your head'. As if I like being a miserable, exhausted, 25 year old male with no libido and decreasing intelligence isn't bad enough,

What I underlined above is exactly what I experienced and really bad brain fog is also a text book symptom of Lyme.

Here is how it went down for me. Even while I was getting drawn for the Lyme test this past May I remember thinking "this is bullshit I don't have lyme that happens to other people and plus is lyme even real?"

I only took the test because my doc insisted I had lyme based on my symptoms and the test was only $99.

Last thing I guarantee listening to this audiobook you will hear case studies with all your symptoms mentioned and it will feel like finally for the first time there are doctors out there who believe what you are going through and also other people suffering just like you:

Why Can't I Get Better?: Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease

You can purchase online at audible for $7.99 or get at a bookstore for around $24 but I prefer audio books.

This test is low hanging fruit $99! It could save you years more of suffering and give you your life back in as little as a few years.

If you do have lyme then getting it diagnosed is the first step to being able to apply what you learn here more efficiently.

I have been told that Dr. K said antibiotics are necessary to get rid of Lyme. The hardcore antibiotic protocol treatments are outlined in exhaustive detail in the book I mentioned above. The author Dr. Horowitz purposely outlined the treatment protocol so that if a doctor wants to learn how to do it for a patient they can use his book to help them figure out what to do.

If you get the audio in the beginning of it you will be given a website and password where you can download the treatment protocol and lyme questionnaire.

I hope this helps it is kind of hard to treat something without knowing what your treating wether you have lyme or something else.

caroline and seanb4 like this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

5aR---->5-alpha_reductase

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha_reductase

/
    5-alpha-reductase inhibitor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha-reductase_inhibitor

//
    Accutane = isotretinoin

The influence of isotretinoin and 5-a reductase inhibitors in metaloproteases of connective tissue in patients with ance (acne).

http://invenio.lib.auth.gr/record/103970

//

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  4. kovita

kovita Gold

Kyrakitty, I do not want to discourage you but as someone who has lyme myself I cannot confirm there is a guarantee antibiotics will do any good to you. I tried many things -antibiotics, herbs, supplements etc. I believe now that the only power that could keep this infection controled is in my own body. I follow most of the JK principles though I had to adjust and personalize everything to my own individual needs, I started bioidentical hormonal support and intravenous oxygen therapies. I have a good feeling this brings some progress. I will be starting soon autologous blood injections together with artemisia on top of this. Some people I know have seen remission in some cases complete remission combining antibiotics with intravenous oxygen, I have made zero progress on antibitoics in the past and at this very moment I do not want to disturbe the fragile balance in myslef by any drugs.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

My heart goes out to all of you........xo What a terrible disease this is.....

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When AF is in the final phases it cause a loss of the NMDA receptors in the long distance tracts of the brain designed to have the most DHA......as the DHA is depleted by the ROS and RNS it fast forwards and the ca2+ efflux (better known as excitotoxicity) cause glutamate excess that destroys NMDA. This is when disturbances in thought, consciousness and perception folllow. It is the final common pathway for most prion disease and mental illness and those with poor thoughts tied to low dopamine levels in the brain

7. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Curious all this persons symptoms, according to their own words in this post, started after getting the flu which they spent a month trying to recover and then they were never the same. It was before they took acutane. Isn't that possibly the actual root of the problem?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Martin speaks of this too .......

9. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Yes that flu thing has got to be a big clue to something.

Hopefully this person who started this thread has been able to get help if not then matters may have been taken by their own hands.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I was just talking to Josh about this ..... getting the "flu" is kinda a catchall term........

low redox = straw that breaks the camel's back = too many systems down = can't hang on to electrons...