1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Close to suicide - adrenal problems ruining my life

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by lowbrainpower, Feb 12, 2013.

1. lowbrainpower

lowbrainpower New Member

I've talked with numerous doctors, gurus, chinese herbalists, you name it. Nothing works. Labs are always fine, vitals are fine, and told 'it's all in your head'. As if I like being a miserable, exhausted, 25 year old male with no libido and decreasing intelligence isn't bad enough, now they're making me out to be the bad guy when I'm really the victim.

I've come across this site because it seems as if Dr. Kruse has his science to back up the adrenal fatigue Rx. After reading his blog I have since bought every supplement on his list and have been following it for about two days now. I understand that this will take some time and am willing to stick this out - this is my last chance as I am unable to work and have nearly emptied my bank account while looking for answers.

I have two questions:
    1) Why does my brain fog (fuzzy thinking) get 10x worse after ejaculation?
    2) Is brain fog a normal part of adrenal fatigue? I can't remember what I do all day, the world around me is a blur, I have no sense of time and/or space, no sense of self, and can't remember what I read. I used to be highly intelligence and now I feel as if my once highly sharp brain is being destroyed by some sort of unknown entity.

I can deal with the suffering so long as I know it's something that can be treated. I just want to make sure this cognitive dysfunction is an actual part of adrenal fatigue, since physically I seem to be much better off (still exhausted, but not bed bound 100%). It's my brain that I'm worried about: I'm operating at 5% and can't stand this any longer.

I apologize if this offended anyone - I'm not trying to optimize my life but just get back to at least somewhat healthy and do not have anywhere else to turn.

Thank you.

-Lowbrainpower

**Edit: I should also mention that my symptoms get MUCH WORSE after eating/drinking anything (low-carb/high-carb, low-fat/high-fat, etc.). It feels like I'm being poisoned. Food allergies are negative. Water fasting for 48 hours clears all symptoms. Could this really be adrenal fatigue or something else? I used to never have problems with food and now I feel like I'm on Vicodin 24/7).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Brainpower, welcome!
    Yes, brain fog is beatable! I think you have come to the right place.
    I have come back from a fairly low level of function. I am no longer forgetting things that I know I should remember. However, some things that I did a year or so ago are still fuzzy/missing. I don't think I stored the memories right at the time.

I feel like I have taken years off of my age now. It's exciting.

3. janagram

janagram New Member

Brainpower, I believe that there is help here. Keep asking for it!! Wishing you the best on the healing journey of a lifetime!! There will be more knowledgeable folks chiming in.....!

4. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Sean Croxton recently did a podcast with Dr Sara Gottfried and when he got to the call-in Q&A section a young man rang in with similar symptoms that you are describing. She answered some of your questions specifically, though generally. You may want to take a listen (Blogtalk Radio, Underground Wellness, Sean Croxton - in case you're unfamiliar - all free and downloadable.)

5. diane

diane Gold

Do you have an ASI done? That can show whether it's adrenal fatigue or not - measures cortisol throughout the day, DHEA-S and melatonin.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

That needs to be a Saliva test for cortisol and DHEA and hormones and melatonin - I believe......

Good luck on your quest for answers - keep coming here. There are some very smart people here that can help...

7. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

You have definitely come to the right place. The more specific information you can provide the better we all can help. You say you have had labs done. Have you had a thyroid panel, a hormone panel, and tested for Hashimoto's? Have you tracked your blood sugar activity- fasting and post meal? If you can post your most recent lab results even if they appear normal it may be helpful. Many people here are recovering trainwrecks, welcome.

8. lowbrainpower

lowbrainpower New Member

Thank you all for your help thus far.

I have gotten saliva cortisol levels but never ASI, DHEA, or melatonin. I have been having trouble with doctors and their inadequate diagnosis and care methods, not to mention the fact that I have hardly any strength to get dressed in the morning, much less fight for myself against those in charge of my health (who are also very arrogant).

I have recently resorted to stimulants (Adderal, Dexedrine, Ritalin, large amounts of coffee, etc.) to give me the energy to leave the house, but unfortunately this is a lost cause. They have now stopped working and I am left with nothing to aid me in my fight. It seems like one sick joke God would be playing on me, if I still believed in him.

The funny thing is I have never done illegal drugs, never smoked, never drank, and never abused anything prior to all this happening. Good intentions seem to have a punishing effect on me. The only thing I can think of that started this all was a flu-like illness I contracted when I was 14 and slowly recovered from over the course of a month, Accutane use for acne when I was 18, or perhaps 2 years of chronic stress endured while in the Army. I believe the Army had something to do with it but I also believe the stress would have been better handled if I wasn't sick to begin with, which I believe started when I was still in high school/middle school and from the previous two theories mentioned.

Sorry to drone on. I keep getting tortured with these moments of clarity where I wake up for 5 minutes once every couple of months and then sink back into the fog. It's like the light at the end of the tunnel of normalcy that I'm fighting for that never seems to come any closer. Not having complex thought doesn't seem to help either; it's been trial and error, one thing at a time, slowly draining my account.

Thanks for listening and for all your help thus far. I'm searching for that podcast now.

9. lowbrainpower

lowbrainpower New Member

I will edit my first post with lab results when I gather them tonight.

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am glad you found this site. You can find your answers here.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Whatever you do - don't give up. As Dali said many people have made tremendous progress here - it won't happen over nite but you certainly can find answers. Dr. Kruse is a master at reading labs etc. and seeing all the nuances that other Docs just don't get and were never taught to....

12. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Welcome to the forum!...is there any way you can spend some time each day outside?....just thinking of an easy action that might give you some support.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Accutane side effects are hard to reverse.
    For now assume that it is limited to 5aR, eat at least 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil, more if you can.

Have you had exposure to chemicals in the army?
    ------------

Post your weight, height, body fat %, body temperature under the tongue, blood pressure.
    Post your sleep hours, how good is your sleep (sleep apnea?).
    Post all medicines and supplements that you are taking.
    Do you have your own room?
    Where, city skyscraper, rural remote? Post your zip code.
    Make inventory of electrical devices in your environment.
    Cell phones, wireless routers, microwave, microwave towers, power lines, smart meter.
    Avoid blue light after sundown.
    Provide high exposure to blue light from sunrise/wakeup to sundown.

-------------

Look at my posts here:
    http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?6427-PG-E2-ratio&p=81508&viewfull=1#post81508

The more laboratory tests results you can present here, the better your chances that someone will figure you out.

-------------

Preferable way to post information is to scan each page of test report and post it here.
    Many items can be missed or mistyped otherwise.
    Look at post #20 link above, I posted there my recent labs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  14. sooperb

sooperb New Member

JanSz, the Op last posted on this thread nearly a year ago and the last post is also nearly 12 months old. I hate reading these threads when the authors sound so desperate and sick and then they disappear, I find it really worrying.

seanb4 likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

me too ^^^^^^^^^ They sound so desperate and I feel so bad for them .... and then they never come back.

Could they be kind of a joke/spam type thing? There is way too much to read here to be reading old stuff as well - I agree.

16. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

If any one else reads this thread, I found using a magnetico sleep pad and not restricting water, helped massively for me.

kovita likes this.
  17. Inger

Inger Silver

Yay Sean! I am so happy for you! :) :) :)

I almost thought you was a troll in he beginning because you posted and posted the same issues all over again lol But now I am so glad you never gave up!!! And when you put up a pic I for sure knew you were real :)

seanb4 likes this.
  18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Thanks Inger but the OP of this thread isn't me, I just stumbled upon it recently.

19. Inger

Inger Silver

yeah I know Sean.. I was just glad to see you again :)

seanb4 likes this.
  20. Kalicat

Kalicat New Member

Hello,

I am new to this site but I wanted to comment on your response in this thread. I have been experiencing the same range of symptoms low brainpower described and was also on accutane for 6 months a little under two years ago. I go to UC Davis but had to withdraw during this past spring quarter because my symptoms got so bad. I saw you wrote something about 5ar and was wondering what that was? I am desperate for help as I have felt like crap for over a year and whatever this illness is is ruining my life :/