1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Clearly, the scales are broken...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ashryn, Jan 2, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have seen logol's at my pharmacy

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Caroline, you mean the pharmacy right next door to the meth lab?

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

didn't notice no meth lab!!

The loose clothes thing happened to me too ...it is so strange when the scales don't change but your clothes are falling off!! It took a sales assistant at DJ's to ask me why I was buying my clothes so big......
    But now my weight is going down a little but my body is getting rounder ...I think because of the progesterone.

I don't think we are ever really going to figure this out!!

Now I have to figure out how to get off the computer!!

4. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Caroline ... there's a little switch that turns it off. :p I'm sure you know where it is, LOL.

5. Dextery

Dextery New Member

Ashryn, Don't forget about seaweed as an excellent source of Iodine and potassium.

6. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Ok, just dropped some wakeme into some spring water and stuck it in the fridge to chill and get structured.. It tastes a bit blech... How long do you leave the seaweed in for?
    What do you do with the seaweed once the water is made? Is there a way to eat it so it doesn't taste like seaweed?

7. Dextery

Dextery New Member

I eat wakeme just dry and crunchy. Not too much as it uptakes water in your intestine, it can make you full very quickly. Also sprinkle for crunchy surprise on salads with olive oil and vinegar.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I sprinkle some on salmon salad with avocado - yummy!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Smarty pants! Seriously how is everyone doing with limiting computer time? This forum takes a lot of time!!

10. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Hrm.. I am not really. Just trying to ground a heap more to counteract it, and do all the other stuff. I do 9 hours a day surrounded by computers with two monitors each... That said, I don't watch TV and haven't even turned on the laptop for a couple of weeks. So my computer time is halved from what it was. I suppose that's something.

11. endless

endless New Member

I just refill the water with the same seaweed in it for a day or two. I replace it when it starts to taste like plain water again. Honestly, sometimes IO just throw the seaweed in the compost, but it can be diced and added to soup or blended in a smoothie...a lot of the taste is actually gone after the water soaking.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Ash - do you use a grounding mat at work?

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Ash - you seem to know alot about computers ....when I am tethering my iphone to my laptop - I am creating a hot spot - right? so is that much worse than a regular wifi signal? I have been googling broadband and everything seems to be a wifi connection of some sort. I don't have a land line - I can do that easy enough but what else do I need to do?? I guess I will stop in at the telstra office tomorrow - but I hate, hate, hate all their plans!!! I was so pleased when I came up with what I am doing - to bad it is killing me! LOL

14. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Yes, you can get a landline, and tell Telstra you want internet wired in, not wifi. Then you should only use your computer at home. But you don't have to use Telstra. Maybe talk to iinet first? Just be sure to tell them you don't want wifi.

15. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Yeah, talk to iinet.. They will sort you out with a landline rental and Internet access that's not as evil as Telstra. Just give them a call, you shouldn't have to go in to see them.
    Yes, using your phone's Internet on your laptop is called a hotspot, but so is any place you can pick up free wifi. It is the same, no worse than wifi, but I guess it depends on what bit of you the signal is hitting too.
    I have a "bob" from iinet, and it is wired in directly. Just tell them you want to use a cable and not wifi. You won't find anyone advertising it, but plenty of people don't use wifi, it is still very common. My computers at work are all hard wired in... It gives a more stable connection since plenty of other things interfere with the wifi signal. It also improves the speed to be plugged straight in.

I don't use a grounding mat at work, taking off my shoes isn't really practical since I am up and down all day long. I have a plant.. And I make sure I go stand in the sun every couple of hours for 10 minutes (with my hands on a fire hydrant to amplify the effect- no idea if that helps or if I am being superstitious :) )

16. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Today's update...
    i think I may have overdone the seaweed and have given myself some iodine detox.. Can't think what else it could be anyway.. Yesterday I drank a couple of glasses of the seaweed water and was feeling quite unwell in the afternoon.. Thought I was going to be sick, slept for about 90 mins and struggled to eat any dinner

I also painted iodine on me both days.

When I woke up this morning I felt fine, and drank one glass of seaweed water with the supplements after breakfast. About 2hours later my hands were shaking, my heart was beating too hard and I felt weak. Drank some cold spring water and felt ok after a while. Then about 5 hours from drinking the seaweed water I felt nauseous again and my heart started pounding again (not beating faster, just harder if that makes sense) I had to go lie down again. Felt really hot and couldn't cool down. Had a cool bath with sea salt and Epsom salts, still couldn't cool down. Lay under the aircon which was fine till I stood up again. Couldn't eat at all tonight except Brazil nuts.

Read the iodine thread again.. Tried the pink salt water trick and ate a handful of Brazil nuts and felt better very quickly...
    I am assuming I have plenty of fluoride and bromides in me to get rid of, but I didn't think seaweed water would give me too much.. Perhaps coupled with 300g tuna for breakfast it is too much?

So the question is, do I power on with one glass per day, or dilute it by half and see how I go with that?

Its also day 1 of TotM... Again! 5 days early by my count. Lets hope it is a short and painless one. So far no painkillers needed.

I have not drunk any fluoridated water for 4 days now, but I can't tell if I feel better for it.. Cold spring water is definitely more delicious to drink!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ashryn, I'd back off on the seaweed water. I tried it months ago when Inger first described it, and I got detox reactions (tight throat, headache) just like when taking too much (for me) iodine.

Now that I have slowly built up tolerance, I'm going to try the seaweed water again. I meant to try it again already, but it slipped my mind.

Perhaps half a glass per day for you would be ok? I think the seaweed water has a lot of iodine in it.

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes.. slowly is good. I would not paint with Iodine at all if using seaweed water and I would always choose natural Iodine from seaweed too. Just go slow. Otherwise do like the Iodine protocol maybe? Just replace the Iodine with seaweed water...

19. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Ok, no painting then :)
    you know me, impatient.. And grizz repeatedly said you wouldn't absorb what you didn't need from painting.. My brain tells me I don't need detox, but I guess body has a different idea :)