1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Clearly, the scales are broken...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ashryn, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Oh... What am I doing wrong?

Just spent 3 days in the nature, barefoot and surrounded by hippies.. Surely I would have done some electron replenishing and lost some belly.. Nope.

Actually, I did an experiment on the way home (a dangerous one as it turns out) I ate a pie from a bakery.. First grains in several months, within 2 minutes of beginning to eat it, my stomach started making crazy growly noises (no idea what that was about) and it took all of about 30 minutes to KILL my energy completely. I had another 2 hour drive home and I was worried I would fall asleep at the wheel. Damn. A little bit of me was thinking that since emf matters so hard, and I had been out in the nature without it for 3days, I could prolly get away with it. Not so much. And it wasnt even delicious.

It was tricky to find things I could eat at the festival, but I took tins of tuna, bacon, eggs and prawns and other meat which I BBQed, so apart from the idiot decision on the way home, the weekend should have done me some noticeable good.. I wish.

Wke up with a headache this morning and felt really flat at work today, but I'm not sure if it was the fumes from the new floor, or a carb hangover (do they exist?)

apart from sitting in the pool which is cold enough to give me goosebumps, but probably not that cold, I've been slack with the CT lately. I don't know what that's about either. So I bit the bullet and strapped ice on to do this update. Once I am done i will finish off the latest blog and then go back and read all the CT blogs again and see if I can get my cold mojo back on.

Breakfast I ate 290g (~60g protein) tuna and bulletproof coffee, lunch I ate salad, oil and meat because I was hungry, dinner I ate beef and mushrooms with a couple of eggs to soak up the fat. And coffee with 1/4cup coconut oil and 10 g d ribose. Took a pile of mag and CoQ10 to see if I can clear some of the bloating away.. Can you take too much of CoQ10?

took lots of photos of the band, but processing them means sitting at the computer and I seem to have developed a phobia of it lately.. As much as I will myself to go in there and do some work, I just can't seem to make myself do it. It's the wifi room. I need shielding first. When the pool landscaping is all finished and I can finally clean my house, I will be able to drag the laptop outside and put my feet on the ground whilst I work in the sun.

Bought some funky hippy pants, all cottony patchwork stripes.. These are the kind of pants I have always loved but never found any in a size that fit. I also found some more flares, so my collection is getting vast... I was worried I would be forced to wear skinny jeans if I couldn't find any others.. Society has been saved from such a frightening spectacle however.

*sigh* I don't know what to do next.. Keep on truckin is the option, but I must be missing some vital part of some rx that's keeping me inflamed and not losing.

Apparently australia has just had the longest hottest summer on record... I wonder if we had more diagnoses of diabetes here this year as well.

2. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

You ate a PIE?! Are you nuts? (said with a great deal of humor, laughter and concern) Have you NOT read Wheat Belly??? Do I have to come down there and have a word with you?! (still giggling)

I don't care how long you sit in the sun or on the ground, wheat will kill ya. Rat poison would be faster but just as unpleasant. Don't eat that, either.

Fun in the sun sounds wonderful. But let's have a chat about that laptop, shall we?

And I'ma gonna tell you again. This template is not a "lose 10 pounds overnight" kind of thing. Did you get Jack's book yet? Have you started reading it? HIs blog, the book, everything he's done is a giant treasure hunt. He gives you the questions to ask, you have to go find the treasure (your health). Trust me when I tell you that for most of us it will NOT be an overnight sensation.

now. Here's a {{{hug}}}. Hope you get past that carb hangover (yes, there is such a thing) soon.

3. endless

endless New Member

Mmmm, pie.:p I miss pie, sometimes. Most of the time I can resist but I've had my slips...and it shows up in a huge swollen belly.

I can relate to the frustration of not losing....I'm feeling a lot of that lately myself. I KNOW something is keeping me retaining fluid, because after dehydrating myself with some wine last night, I woke up much flatter in the front. Can't figure out what is causing it yet though.

I don't think you can take too much CoQ10....you'd never be able to afford it. I'm sure I remember Dr. K mentioning using pretty large doses in the Mitochondrial Rx.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Ash - hope you get back on track. Sit in a tub of ice for awhile and meditate ..... At least you now know without question - you can't have wheat ...

5. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Krista! Wine makes your belly flatter? I'M ON IT! *grin* I don't miss pie.. And it wasnt a craving, it was an experiment I tells ya! No, really.. Dunno why I did it, but I am kinda glad I did. It was interesting to see the immediate effect it had on me. What I miss most of all is milk chocolate.. With Turkish delight or that Black Forest one.. *wistful sigh*

Darleen, I am not expecting overnight! I just figure I must be doing something wrong because it has been months.. Yes, I know how long you have been patient, but clearly you are a saint in your patience ;) and I am a demon.. Because I want it now already. (Or, you know, something to keep me motivated) I even posted my labs in the hopes that someone will look at them and spot something I could do to fix me.. Let me whine.. It makes people remind me to shut up and eat my fish.. Or get in an ice bucket... :)

... ironically I started reading wheat belly on the weekend away.. Gotta say I was a trifle bored (like, outta my head) because... Preaching to the choir. I haven't eaten bread nor sugar for close to a year, and wheat products and any other grains for 4 months.. Lesson learned i suppose.. Does wheat belly get more interesting? Like, does it tell me something I don't know already?

Also, yes I have jack's book and I got about 1/2way through it before I had to stop and read the new instalments of the blogs.. Nicely written, but so far nothing not in the blogs and some things kinda contradictory to what he has been saying lately. Guess it depends on the target audience.

Hey! Whats your issue with the laptop? It won't have wifi, and I'll be grounded using it... How the hell else am I supposed to post photos of DH's band? (What if I just think really hard about posting them, and they will quantu ly appear?) *smirk*

If it will make you happy, I'll make a faraday coat to wear.. It will make very unusual tan lines though :)

carb hangover is all gone now too.. I did wake up last night but that was because I had slept 7 hours and my brain forgot I had gone to sleep real early last night so it thought it was time for breakfast.. Went back to sleep once I realised what time it was. (Had to get up, find clothes, go downstairs to know what time it was though, I have to get up when it's dark these days.

Ayhoo.. Going to soak in the pool before wandering over to my parents house for dinner.

6. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

hahahaha if your laptop isn't wifi how are you going to post pics? Just askin'.

Here's something I discovered with my friends emf meter ... even with the wifi OFF the meter, when on the high setting, SCREAMED at me when I put the probe near it. And mine's a desktop, not a laptop. I'm looking at buying a shungite pyramid to put under my desk and hubby's. Look on ebay, that's where I'm looking.

7. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Errr.. Good point, though processing the raw images takes much much longer to do than posting a pic.. So I can turn the wifi off for the hours it takes me to do that..
    Damn I wish I knew about shungite before the weekend.. Bet the hippies had some for sale..

8. Hope

Hope Gold

This is amazing.....may I ask you...

1) how do you make homemade chocolate super low in carbs?
    2) how do you figure your 70/30 protein/fat?

Thank you for sharing all this!!!!!

9. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Hi hope, funny you should quote me after I have been sulking about not losing any weight lately hehe thanks for reminding me I did good at the beginning.

I just made my home made chocolate with equal parts cacao dust and cacao butter, and about 1/3 of that total in coconut oil.. Add some crushed nuts (cashews or almonds I like best because they are a bit sweet) and a stack of coconut flakes (also for the sweetness) and the tiniest bit of sea salt. if its too bitter you can chuck in a bit of stevia, but I generally don't because I think even fake sugar makes me spike insulin. Mix and mix and mix to make it smooth.. The pros who are less lazy than me pour some mixture on the bench top, fold and fold and fold with a spatula till it is almost set, then add some more warm chocolate to soften it and repeat till all mixed. This makes it smooth and creamy.. I am too impatient for that stuff so mine isnt as nice as it could be. Press it into a tin, score it with a knife to make it easy to cut when it is set and keep in the fridge.
    I have heard that vanilla bean helps the smooth and creamy taste too.. Bt I haven't tried it because I don't know how to use vanilla bean!

I assume it is low carb because no sugar... I just realised I don't think I have checked to see what carb levels cacao powder is.

I worked out the protein fat thing using a website called paleo track ...because I needed to learn how much meat would give me 50g of protein for the BAB. As part of it I was entering all my foods, and that's what I came out as. I wasn't counting calories, just making sure I got the BAB right, and eating till I was sated other meals. I also wanted to make sure I was getting enough vitamins and minerals in my food to avoid supplements..

These days I just guess, based on knowing how much I need for 50 grams, I do suspect I might be eating too much protein now though, so I may need to go back to tracking for a bit till I learn what an appropriate amount is. (For keto, you need 1g protein per kg body weight, so it reduces as you do, the idea is to add fat if you're still hungry... As far as I understand it.)

10. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Caroline, you'll be happy to know I am all wrapped up in ice as I write this, with my glasses on, the ipad colours inverted, and the tens machine sending a Schumann frequency into my calves. (Well soles of my feet is just a pain in the arse, and my calves were unusually tight today)

I got reflexology done today, and all I could think of the whole time was that I was sucking up the electrons of the poor masseuse. Imagine doing that every day?

Based on some ideas in my hack my labs thread, it seems I too have the thyroid monster. At least I have an answer to the stubborn weight now.

I am probably in denial about it, but I plan to stay here for at least 3 months whilst I do all the good things I have been doing plus some extra things for thyroid care..
    Iodine... I haven't been able to find any here except betadine... Will that do? Not sure if I can ingest it, but someone was talking about putting it on the skin.. Anyone know?

Vitamin b12 think this is probably ok with all the meat, but I shall start eating mushrooms more again too just in case. It's also in my multivitamin.

Selenium.. I have been eating more brazil nits for the selenium the last week, (and have a bunch of pimples on my face because of it! Calling this detox for now, and I'll give it another week.)

Milk thistle.. I doubled the dose today, but must check to make sure it is made from the seed and not the whole plant to avoid the oestrogen effect it can have.

Iron... Mines high anyway, so I shall leave it that way and hopefully it will sort out the F3/rt3 ratio.

CT... I'm back in the ice.. As I said. Actually, the ice is back on me, since there's no chance of an ice bath here, the pool and ice packs will have to do.

All these things are in addition to the earthing, and the reset, and increasing my fish and minding the light.. Etc.

I have only drunk spring water from a local spring for the last 5 days.. But it occurs to me that leaving the water on my desk next to my monitors might decohere it, then I thought about all the stuff the water is exposed to during shipping and storage.. And I'm thinking I'd like something I can treat the water with to re-cohere it.. Is there such a beast? Failing that I might rig up some kind of faraday cage with crystals and wire to use as a water jug cover.. I could make it pretty and protective all at once..

And lastly, some goodish news, (or hope springs eternal, or wishful thinking whatever you want to call it) my colleague commented today that "those pants are "baggy" on you now...all your clothes are baggy on you now" interesting.. Those pants are meant to be tight and flared.. And whilst they haven't been tight for a long time, I wouldn't have called them baggy.. They are still close fitting, the fabric just doesn't have to stretch at all now. Come to think of it, I do spend a fair bit of time holding them up.. Heh. Scales still say no change, but if women at work are noticing, yay.
    And also.. Damn. I have to go do dreaded work clothes shopping. Why can I rarely find anything businesslike that is ashrynlike? Perhaps I'll go for an all black wardrobe this winter :)

Man.. I've written another kruze length post..

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

wine dehydrates you past one glass........be careful.

12. diane

diane Gold

Looks like we need to start a wine thread. LOL.

13. endless

endless New Member

I was 'whining' about wine recently....maybe we should!

That's great about the loose clothes! How is it possible that when we are so focused on our weight and frustrated about not losing, that it's always someone else who notices?

14. Hope

Hope Gold

Hey thanks!!!! Appreciate that recipe. Although after MY falling off this week (eating a whole bar of 88% chocolate, though lower sugar bc of that) I realized my gut is way not healed enough (what was I thinking?? JUST because Jack can afford to eat chocolate doesn't mean I can, UGH!) now I think I will have to wait with any more "can I handle chocolate" experiments. Thankfully, as long as I have access to GT's kombucha I don't miss anything sugar-y at all. Not even any pie etc.

I feel for you on the pie test. I can't do American wheat at all....so even if I wasn't doing the EP Rx, I wouldn't choose it anymore. It looks good maybe but that's about it.

Oh...and your tens machine, do you find that making a difference for you? Would love to hear...

15. Hope

Hope Gold

Have you read Dr K's blog about the top 10 supplements? He really believes in getting iodine from food/fish etc. though I take it right now as I was severely deficient. You could do Lugol's solution on skin....for a bit. I really think it helped me dump fluoride and bromide for sure. (i was tested) I also love adding it to water (in tiny amounts to clear fluoride/other stuff) and baths - especially right now as I am in a hotel and yuck that water STINKS to heaven of Chlorine at least.... Not sure where you live but Amazon sells it.....

Love your posts!!

16. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Amazon doesn't sell stuff like that to Australia, and you can't buy it in shops here because it is used to make meth..

I use most of the supps, but I can't get enough iodine from food yet.. Working on it but its a slow process..
    I can't do chocolate often either..

17. Hope

Hope Gold

Oh, wow, Australia. That is neat. Wow, iodine for meth?? Whew!!

You will get there, indeed...I have no doubt. Do you do seaweed? Dr K and Inger really swear by it...Inger has inspired me with her seaweed tea :)

18. Coriander

Coriander Silver

Ashryn, you can buy it here, from your chemist. They may have to order it in; ask for David Craig Galenicals Aqueous Iodine Solution APF. contains Iodine 5% potassium iodide 10%. I pay $20 for 100ml. You can also buy Lugol's from a number of online alternative medicine sites; there's one in Sydney and one in Byron Bay, but there must be more. But they charge a ridiculous amount for a much smaller bottle.

Oh, and it comes in a bottle marked 'poison' so I don't let on that I put it it my water!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  19. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Thanks coriander, I'll go have a chat to my chemist.. D you know if you can just use betadine?

20. Coriander

Coriander Silver

NO!!! Don't use betadine for anything but topical application, it has other crap in it. Lugol's and it's equivalent (Aqueous Iodine Solution) are the only ones you can ingest, and then only as a few drops in a glass of water.