1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Clams?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by AnnieW, May 22, 2014.

1. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Hey guys, I picked up some chopped clams to have something quick to eat. The only recipes I can find for frying are ones that include a ton of breading.

Can someone give me advice on cook time and type of fat to use? I've never cooked clams at home so this will be a (hopefully tasty) adventure.

2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I have tossed them in coconut flour and then fried in bacon fat. Even better is you add crumbled bacon to the bowl before eating.

3. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Thanks! Do you know about how long you cook them? Is that on high heat or medium? I am notorious for over-cooking seafood so I don't want to mess these up.

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Chop garlic and a hot chili,fry it in oil until translucent add clams and cook until done. If you have no chile add spicy paprik or hot sauce just before end of cooking

5. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Dumb question...how do I know they are done? :confused:

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

7. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Thanks for the link!

8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Welcome! It was a useful find for me too. Clams and mussels are on my shopping list tomorrow.