1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Circadian T3 Method for Healing Adrenals

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by bigknitwit, Jul 24, 2012.

1. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/t3-circadian-method-for-adrenals/

Has anybody tried this method of dosing T3 (or Armour) early in the AM? This guy says most cortisol for the day is made in the last 4 hours of sleep. He started taking T3 in those hours (you have to play with the timing and dosing) to produce a better adrenal response (measured by blood pressure, heart rate, and temperatures). People are no longer needing their hydrocortisone as a result...

I am thinking of trying it but I am hesitant because I will have a hard time gonig back to sleep after waking to take the dose. And especially because of all that Jack says about the greatness of restful sleep, etc, which I finally seem to be getting. So, does the potential benefit out weigh the cost?

2. I've been taking my meds this way since the early part of this year. I tried it with the natural thyroid meds (NDT) and it made an immediate difference with my energy upon waking; I had a lot more! I am now on T3 and still doing it. It takes some work, with monitoring your heart rate, BP, temp, etc. I personally didn't have any problem going back to sleep with either the NDT or T3, but I know some people do. Get Paul's book and read on how he did it so you will know all the details of the program. I really like it and so do mnay others but it's not just a "take a pill" type program. Also it doesn't interfere with the BAB in the morning!!!

The only way to know if it will interfere with you falling back to sleep is to try it. Some people just cannot do it because it keeps them awake. I am quite a light sleeper and surprisingly I barely open my eyes when I take the pills and I am back to sleep almost immediately.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I take my armour 1st thing. But I'm pretty positive it's not at the correct dosage. I'm only on a 1/2 grain. However I think the cycloset rx I'll be picking up today will help some of that. Got to fix the circadian mismatch first other wise the thyroid won't get fixed.

4. Shinjin do you have high FBG too? Yes, that is a tiny amount of Armour in the scope of things. Adrenals are supposed to be fixed first so it sounds like you are on the right track! My adrenals have long been my nemesis but I am starting to call them my little friends hoping they will change faster! LOL

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yup. It ranges btwn 88-98 1st thing in the am. Not to mention my last IGF-1 was In the toilet & my TNF alpha is high And my adrenals are at the low end of normal and they get worse in summer. I'm a Winter Woman!! The joy of having both PCOS & being E- dominant coupled to circadian mismatches. Working on fixing those.

6. It's weird how all these things interconnect and most docs have no idea. My IGF-1 is in the toilet too and no one ever even tested me for that before Dr. K. I love reading about the connections people are making with their individual issues even if they don't mimic mine. It's like a bunch of light bulbs all going off to further illuminate the dark we live in. Thanks for sharing!

7. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I'm wondering about exactly that. I think my daughter might just be depleted on a bunch of stuff from stress. I can't figure how iodine plays exactly into it, but whenever she takes it... 15 mg... the day before, she's fine all day goes to sleep and practically convulses awake, not the first wake-up, but the morning wake up. I'm sure the selenium must not be up to par, but the cortisol timing seems right. Of course the iodine isn't an option yet, at least orally. We were hoping to use it for an anti-fungal. I have hoping someone would have some quick ideas about what might be happening in relation to the cortisol.

8. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I did my first 2am Armour dose last night. Stayed awake until 3am, but then right back to sleep until 7am with lots of dreaming. Can't say I feel any better this morning though, and my stats are still similar to other mornings (92/60, 84bpm), mayb even a little worse (higher heart rate). I'm beginning to think I can't tolerate the Armour at all, and need to go back to synthroid, re-stabilise, and then gradually ease off. But I'll be giving this a longer try before that kind of a drastic move.

9. When you start the T3 CM method you should take the dose about two hours before you usually wake up. You adjust the timing back as well as the dose, as you see how your body reacts. There is a lot too this method but I think you took it too early to start. Also because of the fillers in Armour you should break it up, chew it if you will, before ingesting. It helps with the absorption. I personally do not like the brand Armour and much prefer NP Thyroid by Acella for a natural product.

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Why do you like NT vs. Armour? I was on NT and now am on Armour. Couldn't really tell the diff. Only now on Armour, my FT3 is over the range but what created that effect I am not sure of. Been on Armour since Jan.

11. I liked the old Armour from 2008 but then they changed it (maybe even changed it again). Added different fillers and it didn't work as well as it used to. I don't think my body broke down the fillers as well as the original Armour. I've also tried NatureThroid (for me is was OK) and Thyroid-S from Thailand. Thyroid-S was my fav of all but it had some weird stuff in it so I stopped taking it and moved to NP. It took my body about two weeks to like it but after I switch off T3 after clearing up this rT3 issue, it will be NP again for me! Except that I may get back to it anytime soon if my adrenals keep this up (or rather down). I want healed adrenals! I'm hoping the fish and sea veggies are my ticket as it seems I've tried everything else.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

wheat was one of the fillers

13. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Seriously?! How can anyone think it's ok to put wheat in meds for hypo people?!?! The stupidity these days just never ceases to amaze me!

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Because they believe it is good for you - healthy great grains! And it is also cheap.

15. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Something tells me "they" don't give a rat's a## what's good for us. It's got to be all about the $.

16. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Thanks for posting that Patty. I never heard of the NP/Acelle, but it seems to be a much cleaner product. I'm currently taking NT, but I've always hated that it has mag stearate in it as I know I used to react to it and probably still do in a small way. I'm going to see if

I can switch over to NP and give it a try.

17. tweety

tweety New Member

Can anyone tell me why dr's won't prescribe compounded T3, with no fillers? I didn't realize it was hard to get.

18. I get my oral micronized progesterone with no fillers from this great compounding pharmacy locally. I just asked them if they would make them with no fillers, ginger, or probiotics. My bottle says no fillers. There should be a compounding pharm in your city or neighboring city that you can get it compounded. Also there are some pharms that ship also. Mine does and I get it shipped as I live 45 min away.

19. tweety

tweety New Member

I am on compounded T3. No fillers. I just have seen several others mention that it's a hard Rx to get. So I was curious why.

I like your idea about using ginger or probiotics as a filler! I never thought about that. Turmeric would work too, I would think.