1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

chronic pain almost gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ash, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ash

ash New Member

hello everyone, I posted on here last October with chronic pain and totally fed up with life and feeling suicidal. After following epi paleo and jacks high fat advice I am now almost free of pain, can do physical work and have a real zest for life again. I want to shout this miracle from the rooftops but no-one wants to listen and I have a BIG problem which I hope someone can help with. Its my doctor ( g.p as I live in wales, u.k ) who wants to refer me a.s.a.p. to cardiology clinic as my cholesterol is off the scale. Poor g.p. nearly had cardiac arrest when she saw my readings!!! I had tests done before changing diet so I could compare. H ere are my readings but as I live in u.k the numbers they use are different to what I have seen on your website regarding total cholesterol and hdl etc.
    current tests are as follows..... total cholesterol 10.8mmol/l
    HDL 2.2 mmol/l
    LDL 8.3mmol/l
    serum cholesterol;HDL ratio 4.9 : 1
    serum triglyceride 0.7mmol/l

2. ash

ash New Member

sorry I missed out that since last October my triglycerides have gone down and hdl has gone up. Also
    folate----13.4
    vitamin B12 --435
    HbA1c- 4.2
    T4-- 14.8
    tsh- 0.43
    250Hvitamin D----157.2nmol/l
    would I be wise to have an NMR analysis done or just test my HS CRP.???
    just a last word to say that the jack kruse diet and some ice baths and certain supplements together with lots of positive thinking and faith in this radical way of eating has completely changed my life. Or should I be worried that my doctor thinks im a heart attack waiting to happen!!!!!! Im 54 yrs old, 5'5" and weigh approx. 8st 10lb but have good muscle tone now instead of wasting away like I was last year. I do no structured exercise just some physical work in garden and keep normally active most of day light hours. There are many more changes to come as I used to be up at dawn to practise tai chi but the pain just was too much. Now I can see that will be possible again. Thank you so much for showing people like me that there is a way to heal ourselves if we can just only open up our minds to something a bit unusual and go against the rest of society and what we have been conditioned to believe in. Brainwashed comes to mind!!!!

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ash, glad to hear from you again. Dr. Kruse has been telling us that the DHA in seafood keeps pain levels down.
    Can you put a pic on your profile? Dr. K might comment on your post if you have a pic.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Sounds like you are getting awesome results! My old doc was freaking out about my cholesterol (though my triglycerides were down and HDL was up), but I was able to find a new doc that has a different attitude. Can you edit your posts to include the "normal" ranges?

5. ash

ash New Member

arghh don't have many computer skills and posting pics is one I cant do. Where are those kids when you need them!!!!! may have to wait til my son pops over to visit. thanks for reply nonchalant and I will wait in hope that Dr Kruse will reply even if I cant post a pic yet.

6. ash

ash New Member

o.k here are the normal range for the HDL
    0.7-1.7
    my HDL was 2.2 so it was out of normal range.

7. ash

ash New Member

triglyceride normal range 0.6-2.0
    mine was 0.7mmol/l

8. ash

ash New Member

yes I did eat a lot of seafood and take fermented cod liver oil from green pastures .

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Awesome HDL, ash! You're doing well with your diet.

10. ash

ash New Member

is it impossible to have the oxidised LDL if the HDL is on the up??? my vitamin D level has really gone upwards also . I don't understand my doctor being so worried when she has seen me hardly able to walk and suicidal and now leaping about, full of life and cutting down on strong pain relief.

11. ash

ash New Member

thank you nonchalant, I really need to hear that im going the right way. This can be a bit scary......

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Well, ash, your doc goes to lunch with her good buddy that works for big pharma. She constantly gets brainwashed about how the LDL levels are of prime importance, since that is the only number that statins can "improve". So your doc sees your excellent HDL, and sees your trigs are down, and knows that is good, but the high LDL makes the alarm bells ring, because she hears about it every day.

Oxidized LDL is related to trigs. If your trigs are high, your LDL is likely oxidized. If your doc were to give you more extensive tests, she would likely see that you have more large, fluffy LDL, not the small, dense, oxidized form. But really, with the constant drumbeat of Statins, I doubt she would care what the more extensive tests show.

I understand that it is scary. But realize that an excess of the fluffy LDL means that you just aren't using that precious substance to make hormones like you should. Thyroid hormone, and a good vitamin A cycle (which depends on a good circadian light cycle) are used to convert the LDL into the various hormones that make us feel so energetic and good. Many of us are in this situation.

If you have a pic of yourself on your computer, we could walk you through the process...

Sandra, Jude and Martin like this.
  13. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

I've only had my cholesterol tested once and we have pretty much identical levels of LDL and HDL! My sex steroid levels are crap so it looks like I'm not making proper use of the LDL, that might be your problem too.

14. ash

ash New Member

thanks for replies and I will work out posting a pic as soon as poss.

15. ash

ash New Member

will try and post pic asap. just looked and I only have a photo of my bike on my laptop, no mobile that takes photos and haven't used my camera for so long I don't know where it is. sorry I know these are all excuses but as I want some answers then I will leave my comfort zone and spend some time on my laptop. thanks for the replies tho, it really helps.

16. kovita

kovita Gold

Ash, you received already lot of valuable replies from wise people on this forum. I just wanted to say, it is fantastic that you made such a big progress in such a short time. I am myslef fighting chronic pains and I can imagine how big relieve it must be for you to feel great again. I believe each one of us must at the end individualize the lifestyle to what is at each moment the best for us and it takes time and dedication and one must learn again how to listen to our own bodies and minds. Congratulations, you did a fantastic job and it was only you who did it!

nonchalant likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just popping in to say "Hi" Ash ........you have gotten some awesome advice......

18. ash

ash New Member

hi caroline and thanks to everyone who replied. My son has just put this pic of me so I will come on here a bit more now and post what I am feeling as regards the pain issues. Today is the first day I have been without strong painkillers ( mostly oxycontin) for over 8 years so im feeling a bit strange but no pain.
    find it too hard to believe and makes me feel a bit emotional.
    im not a big technology fan and don't do much internet stuff at all but will make an effort on here as I know this is the place if I need help.
    thank you all again and will post again soon

shah78, Jude and Martin like this.
  19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Finally feeling good after 8 years of pain is awesome!

20. Martin

Martin Gold

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What the brilliant and talented Sally said!!!

nonchalant likes this.