1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Chronic Eczema hacking for years & no cure! EMF or Methylation?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by LaurenR, Jan 4, 2014.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Fatty acids analysis and optimization is very important.
    Lacking ability to do (good) Fatty Acid Analysis, the only remedy is to follow dr Kruse's Epi-Paleo-Rx, but do not supplement with any O3 or O6 fatty acids, that includes ALA and LA.

Sun exposure (or sun tan salons during the day), and avoidance of blue light at night,
    all in balance to maintain or re-create good Circadian rhythm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With proliferation of advertisements to eat Fish oils and krill oils, status of fatty acids deteriorates.
    Fish and Krill oils contain enormous amounts of EPA.
    EPA suppresses AA and GLA
    and
    that results in doctor's advice like below.

=====================================
    http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA137880

Q
    GLA: The Right Remedy for Eczema?
    A
    Answer (Published 11/21/2002)
    The rest of answer is within the link above.

=====================================

//

2. Sammy

Sammy New Member

I can actually attest to this. When my eczema was really bad (when I was younger) I visited one doctor who told me to take like 6 capsules of evening primrose oil a day. It really did help to improve my skin then. I have no idea how or why it works though. But I did read somewhere that dry flaky skin was due to an Omega 6 deficiency. I don't understand the pathophysiology of eczema......so there is something wrong with the Vit A cycle in the skin.....affecting the immune response...but what does that have to do with Omega 6? Maybe the connection has something to do with Omega 6 -> inflammatory prostaglandins?

I would really like to know more about eczema......I know so many people who have it and although I can tell them what I did to get rid of it.....what worked for me might not necessarily work for them. But I think people with eczema should really focus on light cycles more than anything(including diet). Adhering to light cycles would be a high yield area..... Lots of sunbathing, the more skin exposed the better, during the day and strict avoidance of light(especially blue light at night) would benefit your skin more than any diet could.

3. Stephen W

Stephen W Silver

Lauren, how is your skin today?

My partner’s eczema got really good during pregnancy, but then came back pretty fast once the baby was born. This tells me it’s something to do with hormones or immune system.
    Have you had kids before?