1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Christmas tree journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MITpowered26, Feb 27, 2019.

1. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

On Communication, Love and Fear

Jordan Peterson says that in order for you to write an essay, there needs to be a problem you are attempting to solve. Without this, there is no essay. And so here is my problem: What does good relationship communication mean to me?

I have the opportunity to think through such questions in my life at the moment, and for that I am grateful. In my in-person life, the quantity and quality of good relationships seems to be lacking, and that is something I want to work on.

The obvious and rudimentary answer to "What is communication?" is simply "talking to someone", and expressing some idea, emotion, thought, experience. The goal of communication can be varied, whether you need a safe space to be your sounding board, or whether you are speaking to convey a message to the recipient of your words.

Communication can also come in many forms and involve many or all of the 5 senses: Words (both spoken and written), Audio/visual (photos, drawings, videos, music), Taste/Smell (food/drinks).

"Talking," as someone put it interestingly once to me, is beneficial to the person talking because the left ear (brain) speaks, and the right ear (brain) listens... and this can be a profound self-reflection through speech. And as such, the speaker, and the recipient, can be one and the same. Further to this, the end result of communication can be one of not only cognitive effect, but emotional, spiritual, and mental outcome, or a combination therefore. For example: boredom, inspiration, or empathy.

There is also something to be said of the communication structure of "stories" in particular and why they exist centuries and centuries later in the course of human existence. Not only do stories convey certain deep messages that could otherwise not be conveyed in a didactic, scientific manner, but stories hit you where it hurts... where it can persuade you, and perhaps where it can change you. Effective, persuasive communication, is therefore rooted in emotion.

There is a sub-goal I am working on today, "Pretend to be a tourist in a familiar environment outdoors." A part of me doesn't want to, as its cold outside, its boring, and ...well its COVID-times. I talked to myself to work through this problem this morning, and my right brain registered how it sounded. I sounded fearful. And so then I asked myself, if nothing was holding me back, if I had no fears, would I choose to go outside and be a tourist. The quick answer was yes.

And so the deep answer followed. What drives my decision making can come from one of two primary sources, LOVE, or FEAR. And then a question... "If Love or fear drives people's actions or lack thereof, then how does the quality of one's interactions?"

Two words come to mind: Authenticity, and Intention.

Authenticity is when one communicates to themselves and others, with "trueness." I think this is different from simply "telling the truth about what you think and how you feel." Instead, there is an intentional component there, to balance certain personal needs within the communication. Balancing your gratitude (love) or lack of gratitude (fear) of the person, your desire to heal (love) or harm (fear) the person, respect (love) or lack thereof (fear), or trust (love) versus not (fear). Authenticity can be full of fear, or full of love, but it has to be "true."

And while relationships are not binary, but sometimes a hodgepodge hot mess of confusing emotions, this much is true: The net weight of love and fear towards a person determines your desire..or perhaps more neutrally and reductive, your "curiosity" to continue a relationship for the time being. IE. If some need on maslows heirarchy is being met, and that seems to be enough for you and outweighs in your perception the needs that are not being met, then you will stay in the relationship.

Perhaps the last point seems common sense and readily apparent - because it is. We are self-centered creatures that go where our needs are being met in at least some fragmented capacity.

So then, going back to my the question of what is communication to me and how can it cultivate good relationships Or rather, what is GOOD communication to me? I believe good communication is rooted with the intention of authentic love and not fear. And while you cannot always communicate with this purity in all contexts or relationships, it's certainly the standard by which I would like to measure up to in each moment. It's what feels the "best" and that love conveyed to self or others is what I think grows relationships in the long run.

While "being" an intentionally hard, authority figure in a child's life is rooted in a fearful paradigm in the moment, the future child's self would look back on it as love. And therefore, the communication tactic is fear, but the root is love.

To me, this may mean not sharing with my mother my weight loss struggles day to day because I know she is too emotionally invested in me, and it creates affirms a toxic shame for me, and a stressful worry for her. Sharing frustrates both of us, so having the intention to have self-control to assert boundaries and not share might be closer to building a relationship of growth in the end.

It also may mean that in order to build more good relationships in my life, I need to start with the conversations I have with myself, and make sure they are of the "love standard" ... because other relationships will be built from this foundational self.

To conclude with a high school plant experiment: You bully a plant and it won't grow. But you talk with the intention of love, and it will. Communicate with the intent to leave the person in a better space then you found him/her.

J

Mike David likes this.
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

Hi Jason :) :)

My own experience is, to be just an open, tender, accepting space for the other, is enough. To be present. I think people long to be seen.... Maybe love is just that? :)
    To watch people in their eyes....

Sean Waters likes this.
  3. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Hi Inger,

Thank-you for sharing. You seem to always radiate with love in your words and are a good model of this! Being present is a good phrase. I find it hard to watch people in their eyes, I can't think and watch people at the same time it seems! It's almost too much processing. haha.

btw, this art project seemed interesting that I someone shared with me, where people lined up for hours to just sit and stare at the artist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/04/nyregion/04about.html

I think it would be awesome to do. "Being present!"

J

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Jason,
    try to not think (and you are right, it does not work that way, it is too much) when you watch people in he eyes, just watch! See how beautiful and fascinating people are... just feel it!

Try to just taste the experience. It is something beautiful. It is like, when you have sex, you cant think about it! You just enjoy.
    haha.. sorry for this little weird comparison, but to me it works like that. :) :)

Sean Waters and MITpowered26 like this.
  5. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

I understand what you are saying. That analogy works, I'll give it a try!

6. Inger

Inger Silver

cool :) :) let me know how it feels :thumbsup:

7. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

I tried it over zoom talking to a gentleman. It felt very funny and "giggly" to get lost in his eyes haha!

8. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

sunset.jpg

Heading back the right way

A photo of my sunset today. It feels like I've said this many times before, but I'm back heading in the right direction towards the church of the sun.. towards the simple quantum practices. After being in such a shit indoor environment all day, staring out of my car window, glasses off, into the sunset feels really really good. Like really good. It's like I'm get a high everytime I do it. lol

As a friend said, build it one habit at a time. First, meet the sunrise every morning, without fail, non-negotiable, then follow it up with a seasonal breakfast (in my case, seafood/protein/fats/keto/Intermittent fasting type deal right now in winter). Start there.

I'm back to hacking my work environment as well. Going to change out the lighting in the whole space to what looks to be a soft kelvin LED. It's all I can do indoors. Link below to the company that supplies them and claims zero flicker as well.

www.waveformlighting.com

What I plan to actually do when I'm working, (as I usually am open only during daylight)... is turn off all the lights in the staff space, let the natural light in, and have mini indandescent lamps in the areas of the store where you really need to focus! I'm excited about this idea. haha. The staff.. not so much. haha

A long term project now, is finding a reliable manager for the store, so I can go heal in the tropics.

Later!
    J

9. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

E7E3A975-DA7B-49C1-A2A1-05F374DCACBB.jpeg

Indoor / outdoor afternoon space

Dteshome likes this.
  10. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Mr. Robot - a dystopian lens of the future of bitcoin

Mr. Robot is a fascinating cult tv tv show originally aired in 2005. It forays into a fictional depiction of what a dystopian future could look like with bitcoin. FUD. The show effectively plays on dystopian fears, uncertainties and doubts on both sides of the coin - "the FUD amongst corporatist and government officials that bitcoin will take over the world, and the fear among bitcoiners that their beloved cryptocurrency will be perverted into a tool of the very institutions they sought to disintermediate in the first place."

An excerpt:

JACK: “…No. It’s unconstitutional. You can’t make your own currency. That is the federal government’s job.

PRICE: Jack. Look at me. I am not the problem here. The problem is that hard cash is fading. Rapidly. That’s just the way of the world right now. And Bitcoin is spreading — and if Bitcoin takes over we are all in a world of hell. It is unregulated. It has already reached its transaction volume maximum and it is partly controlled by Chinese miners.

With E-Coin we control the ledger and the mining servers — we are the authority. I will make sure that you will have visibility into every single wallet that’s opened: every loan, every transaction. Which means we can start making new assets. Which means we can start rebuilding the banking sector without you having to inject even more politically unpalatable federal funds into it.

JACK: The President will laugh in my face.

PRICE: But he will know that this is the right thing to do. This is going to be controlled by a good old-fashioned American company. You want to regulate it? Be my guest. Regulate the shit out of it. I’ll give you backdoors, side-doors, trace — whatever you want. Just don’t. Shut it. Down.

Featuring the incredible Rami Malek and the timeless Christian Slater, Mr. Robot is about a protagonist, Eliot Anderson, a software engineer by day and a vigilante hacker by night. "He embodies the millennial angst and tension at the systems that run our lives and wants to make a difference. He is approached by a mysterious man from a hacker group named F Society who recruits him into a revolution to sever power from the “top one of the top one percent” and virtually eliminate all debt by hacking the largest conglomerate in the world, E Corp (or Evil Corp, as interpreted by Eliot."

Whether art imitates life, or life imitates art, is debatable. What I do know is that this show is a necessary, relevant, yet very dark exploration into absolute extreme scenarios for the future of the world. Mr. Robot, in my opinion, elucidates why bitcoin is more than just another currency, but a symbol and remedy of hope for a better future amongst an anxious and fearful millennial generation - and the world at large for that matter.

Strange, wild times we are in right now.

J

11. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Quick hits:

• Accumulating the small, consistent wins lately with respect to sunrise and being outdoors (despite the frigid -30 degrees celsius or so temps currently)
    • Finding I get euphoria each morning with sunrises. I read something today to the effect of "conditions will never be perfect, but your discipline can be." Feeling good at sunrise definitely helps me focus and settle in on step 1 of the day.
    • "Talent Code" by Daniel Coyle. Interesting book that studies talent hotbeds in various disciplines.. and why certain "groups" around the globe seem to reproduce multiple high-end talents (from sports to art to whatever).. came down to subculture, and community
    • Coming on I believe 5 years now in my music studio. The culture is evolving, its strengthening ironically through covid, and everyone (including myself) are getting exponential better at their art. The studio is definitely, and always has been a fertile ground to be great someday, and its happening.
    • The Kruse "community" draws parallels with the music studio. Community, strong sub-culture. These are the things you look forward to throughout your weeks. The community has been quietly leading a charge into a few frontier of health.
    J

Sean Waters likes this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Elon Musk factor is a Thorium play.

Yes, a bold prediction I made for 2021 is that over half of the S&P 500 will have adopted bitcoin as a long term Treasury Reserve Asset.

Why will they have to do it? Fiat is depreciating 15-20% in their banks. Those who don't will lose their ability to fund the future of industry. BTC will replace VC's in Silicon Valley in this turning. They won't allow this to happen, so I expect them to pile in now. Issuing equity and debt to buy bitcoin is value accretive, the stock price goes up despite dilution. Investors value well-capitalized corporations. Just watch. Musk and Saylor are just the beginning. Metcalfe law movement has arrived. #BTC 6 meets BTC #11.

JanSz and Sean Waters like this.
  13. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

IMG_0627.jpg

Noam Chomsky. Albedo Effect. UVa - Melatonin synthesis. 4-seasons office. Brain high @ High noon.

Hunger4More and Anne V like this.
  14. Hunger4More

Hunger4More New Member

I wanna know how you slept after this!