1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Christmas tree journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by MITpowered26, Feb 27, 2019.

1. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

It's obviously a language (emotional) you aren't use to. And that's okay. I got my answer.

2. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Another way to put it...most people are wired like this:

I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW UNTIL I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CARE. that's just reality.

And people can see how much you care by many things.. including your word choices.

3. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Jason, here's my two cents, because I do care about you! And I have benefitted from following your journal.

I see you frequently posting at times when you should be asleep and not confronting any screen at all, no matter what protection you're using. What's up with that?

4. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Hi Katie,

Thank you for this note.

Certain adjustments I have made to my life recently have uncovered a sleeping problem that I never had in 12 years. I've went from an oversedated oversleeper to a semi-insomniac. I'm still getting 6-7+ hours... I do go to bed super super early, like 730pm (before sunset I know) ... and wake up 2am , 3am, usually 4-5am. I'm hoping it's transient.

If screen time is a huge culprit.. I'm taking steps.. maybe not huge steps, but (lame) steps nonetheless. My phone just banned me from instagram and facebook, because I tapped out at my 45min limit per day.

I"m hoping this is a transient chain reaction of my recent life adjustment... I'm trying to track it more scientifically and have enlisted pairs of eyes to monitor me as well...

Thanks
    J

5. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

I realized I glossed over the heart of the question. You are right...whether I"m asleep or not, I should avoid the computer...I will meditate on cutting the cord and replacing it with a non tech alternative and meanwhile sort out this circadian dysregulation.

J

6. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Since you are blessed with a great deal of sleep, I don't understand why you are going to bed before sunset. Can you adjust that or is it part of your circadian dysregulation?

I recently finished Matt Walker's book, Why We Sleep. His opinion is that it is not natural to do sleep in two stages, that where it tends to happen is because it's the cultural norm but not based on biology, although I know some on this forum believe otherwise.

I don't have a personal answer for dealing with changes of seasons (differing sunrise/sunset times) and fitting that into a work schedule. I won't have that excuse after I retire.

MITpowered26 likes this.
  7. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Greatly appreciate the input. I've just been naturally going to bed at that time due to tiredness and waking up naturally. I don't use an alarm. I am starting to really really enjoy my mornings... maybe a bit too early though.

Actually that gives me an idea. Alarms have always made me oversleep due to psychological pressure to wake up. I think I'll start setting an alarm.. so the dread will help me sleep more! Maybe I"ll set it for ... 6am.

Thanks!

J

8. Inger

Inger Silver

Jason,
    if I cant sleep, I just lay there in the dark! I never put even a candle on. you need that darkness, does not matter if you are awake or asleep.

Being awake in darkness also helps you come closer to YOU. It really helps :)

9. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Hi Inger, this is a great message and "Ingerian" reminder. That in itself is terrifying and gives me anxiety and an anticipated extreme restlessness. .. so in other words, that is very timely suggestion. :)

I think I'll time my forum visits only when I'm at work... and only after sunrise during days off.

Thoughts and worries abound... what do I do when I sit in darkness?! I'll try try try tonight!

J

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

7:30PM to 4:30AM that is 9 hours and 4:30AM is a decent time to get up, try to keep it.
    If you woke up and can't fall asleep, just lay quietly in the bed.
    The room has o be totally dark.
    During waking hours, when you are reaching for a drink,
    note time instead.
    If you are still thirsty 10 min latter take just one small sip.
    Do that way whole waking hours. That will exercise your (ADH-thirst) connection.

Eat once/day, assign one hour for that activity.
    Do that at least 2-3 hours before sleep time.

MITpowered26 likes this.
  11. Inger

Inger Silver

Also I cut off all electricity to my bedroom anyways, when I sleep. There is not even a chance for switching on anything. and there is nothing to switch on anyways...lol

I personally do not use alarm. I always sleep as much as I want. I have to. Because sometimes I ave to work late, if we have weddings etc. Sometimes even until midnight, which is horrible I know. But mostly I am home at 9-10 PM though. Anyways I never force me to wake. I just go outside immediately when I raise from bed. if I feel really tired I lay i bed in front of my open window for a while... especially if weather is grey and rainy. I think at it as my hospital bed...:D watching the sky and the greens outside my window.. it is so beautiful, and I get that real light on my face and eyes :)

Christine_L likes this.
  12. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Ok @JanSz. Usually between 7:30 pm and 4:30am I have no problems getting to sleep as I have obstructive sleep apnea and fall asleep crazy quickly. It's after an acceptable time in my mind when I say to myself "I think I have enough sleep to function today, so lets get going (in excitement).

13. Inger

Inger Silver

well.. you just feel it. The anxiety. There will come a lot of pain.
    This is how it heals. Let it come :) it needs to come to the surface to heal.

KrusinWitchie and MITpowered26 like this.
  14. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

This stimulates my mind and the word that comes to mind is "crying." I believe for the male human condition, this has to be the grand metric of EQ. When I think I can be comfortable crying... I think I will have arrived at a strange, beautiful place.

15. Inger

Inger Silver

I need to add, when anxiety arises, you just get closer to it, look at it very close... what are you anxious about? You need to get aware of what it is.

MITpowered26 likes this.
  16. Inger

Inger Silver

yes. Crying is very healing. It is a blessing to be able to cry! And you will. Eventually you will cry your eyes out, I have! there will be so much sadness and grief.. so much tears that are stuck inside.. and it feels sooo good to let them out
    it is like the ice melts :)

17. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

This reminds me of a story a doctor once told me. She had a patient in her office. Completely A-type. CEO of a major company. Kids. BUSY BUSY BUSY. The doctor told her to just sit still for a moment and do NOTHING in the office. It was a struggle. The patient broke down in tears because she couldn't just do nothing. She couldn't do it. She balled,and balled, and balled. She mental brokedown.

At the heart of that story, is a heart/mind I resonate with.

Christine_L likes this.
  18. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Which is so IRONIC... because before meeting Jack...I was so dead inside. Doing nothing was my thing!! It's funny how Jack helped lift the veil and thaw my soul...and now my struggles are the complete opposite! SO fascinating!

YuriyDorogoy likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

How can your life be what you want it to be when you're frozen? This occurs from when your mind and heart are not open. You have to be able to learn to pack your own parachute by relearning how to think. Then you have to collect the right people. Those people have to help you pack your parachute when the present is not clear to you before you jump without wings.

KrusinWitchie, drezy and MITpowered26 like this.
  20. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

"On paper, I've thrown a lot of money, really quickly, at the Jack Kruse experience. On the outside, sometimes I wonder what people think and how it appears? "Wait, he's been to the farm, two vips, etc, but in yet he's still super lazy to implement any change and action? What does that say about Jack? And the truth and the response is that Jack will lead you to the water. He can move mountains, and take you through miles of desert, time travel even... but once you arrive at that beautiful fountain with water trickling down in that serene place... and you neglect to taste the water... well.. that is on YOU, that is on ME, and not on Jack. .. Oh, these thing take time."

malc0088 and LieselK like this.