1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Chocolate !

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by KiwiLauren, Apr 6, 2012.

1. janagram

janagram New Member

why in the world doesn't someone make one with stevia?

2. ambermollers

ambermollers New Member

I am a chocolate lover as long as it is dark and raw.:)

Amber Mollers

My Food Blog

3. growltgc

growltgc New Member

I'm confused by this writing by Dr. Kruse that is part of levee #15 of the quilt.

I google searched and got this article: "Global Warming Will Make Chocolate a Luxury Item"

so Dr. Kruse is saying chocolate is good? but I got the impression chocolate promotes autophagy which is a bad thing.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

promoting autophagy is a precisely what chocolate does and it is an awesome thing for health and longevity. In the webinar I just did in August I explained that autophagy occurs when we sleep and is tied to the cortisol DHEA and melatonin axis.

5. LinD

LinD New Member

I thought 99% was good by you.

Hopefully that is correct.

I have 1/2 to a full bar/day (3.5 oz).

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

it is............

7. tweety

tweety New Member

Thank God! Yet another craving that I mistook for trouble. And now I can indulge and enjoy! Best news ever.

8. I attribute my life-long insane dark chocolate habit to my unexplainable fairly good health and amazing super child. . .when by all accounts and decks stacked - I should be a half dead invalid, not an older mother with an amazing life.

As a child I would hide in the pantry till I ate the entire quantity available (or until I was caught) of that bitter baking chocolate, and would steal change and whatnot to buy it. Perhaps nature was at work.

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro04/web1/kcoveleskie.html

I'm pretty sure that's why I love it so much. I wish I could eat it.

10. LinD

LinD New Member

No kidding!

What's interesting is that I used to pass on chocolate. I mean, it just wasn't my fav. But Jack influenced me earlier this year with WM 99% and I've been a fan since. It's been an acquired taste for me, plus it has a lot of good, so I consider it a supplement or health aide. Now I have it everyday.

The sharp taste gives me a reminder of what I used to enjoy (sharp cheddar cheese), plus the texture is reminiscent of cheese, too.

Dr K, what about winter time? I bet chocolate is a no then, but please let us know.

11. melrito

melrito Gold

there is a chocolate made with stevia - coco polo (cocopolo.com). I've heard it's good, but I've never tried it.

12. furface

furface New Member

I just had a couple of small 3/4" x 3/4" squares each of Lindt 90% Dark Chocolate and Lindt 99% ABSOLUTE Dark Chocolate, just to see how much of a difference there really is, and to be totally honest, while the 90% was initially a BIT less "bitter", or a smidge more "sweeter", after a few seconds, I really couldn't notice all that much of a difference.

So it looks as if I'll be sticking with the 99% Lindt Dark Chocolate whenever I have a craving for some.

I used to enjoy 85% Dark Chocolate quite often, but will make way for the "Gretzky" version!

13. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

My "lunch" every day is 1 small square (about 3/4 oz) of 85% or higher chocolate, a few tbsps. of Coconut manna, and 1 Brazil nut.  Amazing how this keeps me full till dinner.  And while I have a binge-eating disorder, the high % chocolate does not cause cravings.  On the occasions where I give into milk chocolate, watch out, I can eat literally pounds of it.  But the one small square of dark chocolate is perfectly satisfying.

14. I love the Lindt 90% looks like I have to try the 99%.  I didn't even know they made it that high!  Thanks for the insight!

15. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Coconut Chocolate "Crack"

1 jar of Nutiva coconut manna

2 squares (1 oz) of baking chocolate (unsweetened, I use Callebaut)

1/4 cup coconut oil

sweetener to taste (I use a mix of stevia and z-sweet)

Melt the chocolate in the coconut oil (1 minute in the microwave), stir thoroughly. Soften jar of coconut manna by setting in a pan of hot water for 10 minutes or microwave the open jar for 1 minute, stir until mixed. Add the chocolate-oil mix to the jar of manna, sweeten to taste, mix well. Eat anytime the urge for chocolate strikes!

Remixes:

Add cinnamon and nutmeg, maybe ginger too

Add a bit of sea salt (for you salted chocolate fans)

Mix 50/50 with butter, use as a "nutella" type spread on coconut flour scones

Try adding flavoring extracts (banana, cherry, vanilla, maybe peppermint?)

Have fun...this is delicious!

16. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

I just gave the receipe in another post but here itis again:

Melt your favorite dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Add some almond milk or other milk of your choice. When warm, add Mascarpone. It is an Italian cream which is almost pure fat. Mix until creamy and add any spice (like vanilla) you like. I add Stevia as well. Pore in little dessert cups and put in the fridge for one hr. Then you have a delicious mousse au chocolat for dessert or when the chocolate craving comes. I also crush raspberries in it occasionally. Real good and a great dessert.

17. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

I also put macadamia nuts and chocolate pieces in my Champion juicer or in blender and grind or blend until it is a chocolate-nutbutter. It is great on coconut or almond cookies. These I make with coconut flour, coconut  coconut oil, Ghee. With eggs they stick better together but I cannot eat eggs so I make them without and keep them in the fridge.

18. Peterwilsonn

Peterwilsonn New Member

Many kids eat chocolates and they loved it as well. It is good to eat chocolate but they don't know that overdoes of chocolates may be effect there health as well. They have to eat chocolates in limit, so they can be safe from disease.