1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Chocolate !

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by KiwiLauren, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I just bought organic cocoa butter yesterday! Thanks for the recipe-ideas... I'm looking forward to whipping up some good stuff.

Leaky gut at its worst gave me massiv eissues with acidic foods... but its been gone for nearly a year.

2. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I was wondering about this exactly... great to know it's that easy and can be done! Thanks.

3. PaleoDentist

PaleoDentist New Member

so adding 1 tsp of unsweetened organic coca into coffee (optimized coffee) is a bad idea due to physic acid?

4. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I just bought some 100 per cent ghiradellis... I think I'll mix it ....

5. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I just made some chocolate "candy" with a 4 oz. 100% Ghiradellis chocolate bar, 3 oz. of Nutiva coconut manna, about 4 tbls. of finely shredded unsweetened coconut, some crushed macadamia nuts, and about 8 drops of English Toffee flavored stevia. I poured it in a silicone muffin pan and put in the freezer for about 10 minutes.

Yummy...not really sweet even with the stevia. The finely shredded unsweetened coconut makes it chewy.

Nutiva coconut manna is like crack!!!

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I just made the first smoothie of the summer with manna.......and a banana and blueberries.

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I just indulged in several veggies at the BBQ restaurant. It's spring, after all! Tummy is not amused.

8. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

I'm confused...are we not supposed to be eating veggies in winter?

9. janagram

janagram New Member

Glam! the comment about leaky gut and acidic foods.....makes me wonder if you had heartburn type stuff.....I'm trying to find out why I have.

10. janagram

janagram New Member

indigogirl, there's sort of a seasonal thing...you could eat veggies in winter but you don't necessarily have to...

11. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Nope, not heartburn, just extreme burning pain the gut 2 hours after eating offending foods, followed by 6-7 runs to the toilet.

12. ginastarke

ginastarke New Member

Nothing against Nutiva. It's good stuff and a lot easier to get, but if you think that's good, you gotta try Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream (available online ) I got my mom hooked, and now even the dog knows what the jar looks like and loses his little yorkie mind when he sees it!

13. skg

skg New Member

Need assistance please. I need to reorder 99% dark chocolate bar from World Market and it is no longer listed. Is there another place to order this from??

14. Guest

Guest Guest

My stomach has not bothered me, unless, I indulge in vinegary foods(i crave them sometimes) so I have eliminated that in my diet. Wondering, leaky gut? Stomach is making too much acid? I also quit cooking with wine because I find the same symptoms that vinegar gives me.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I am with you Tropical Traditions has the best!!! I don't like anything packaged in plastic because it takes away from the quality IMO. It's a pet peeve with me and I prefer glass and have very little plastic in my home, unless it is absolutely necessary.

16. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Uh oh... Last few times I've been to World Market they have been out... I wondered if they were discontinuing this item and if it isn't available online maybe they are? We gotta get to the bottom of this one!

17. LinD

LinD New Member

Maybe all of us are buying up their stock? I buy by the box (12box). Tonight I bought two! (total 24 bars)

Sprint Samsung Epic

18. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

So, here' my chocolate story. Since I've been on a low carb paleo diet for as long as I can remember (15 years or so) I've written off chocolate. I picked up a few 100% dark chocolate bars after reading about it here. i added a little stevia for a treat, and the first bite was wonderful. I've since ate it without a problem - I maybe ate one bar without issue.

However, the last two times I've eaten just one square, it has made me feel ill. Very nauseous and that feeling you get when you drink too much. What is going on here? Anyone?

19. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I can't eat it either.... I think its a gut problem.... its all the yummy stuff for bad gut bacteria to grow. I kind of finally figured out all the vitamin b deficiencies that overlap the digestive issues are caused by candida needing them for ethanol production. Anything candida needs I try to avoid or have it in the am, even with the biotin. The candida makes ethanol at night when we sleep. I'm going to get some chocolate nibs and try the water soak and make a tea or extract. The epicatechin is the stuff that heals mitochondria. Its probably the hot water that lets loose whatever the good stuff is anyway and we might not be getting the full benefits from the bars, even if it is 100 percent.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

TT has mycotoxins that is why I dont use them.......it has nothing to do with taste for me.