1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Chiller panel

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by drezy, Dec 23, 2018.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

I've been working outside quite a bit this whole year.

When not in the cold tub I get as much sun as I can.

I'm thinking about maximizing Fournier effect and using a circulating cold water panel (shown below).

It would basically be just that on a slightly curvier adirondack chair. That way I can keep half of me chilled while getting direct sun most of the day.

I have the electrical and materials chops to keep the emf low and far away.

Do you have any recommendations or cautions for a setup like this?

If this works out this might be a nice option for anyone who is disabled.

panel.png

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I like it......Make some instruction and supply list. I'd love to hack that at Farm

Jim Laird likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

Think about this - If we use clear tubing we might as well slap an IR panel behind it too.

4. Awesome idea! Have you thought of scavenging/using a marine heater exchanger or rsw(recirculating sea water, used for chilling fish) parts or systems. I think they might do well for this application as they are designed to operated at or below freezing in a saline/corrosive environment.

5. drezy

drezy Gold

Those are neat.

I'm cheap and I eventually blow things up because, when it comes to systems, I just can't leave well enough alone.

I'm thinking a home depot bucket, ice, and a aquarium or small pond pump. I won't cry too much if I ruin those components.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We need more engineered nutty hacks. It will help us understand what is going on at the cytochrome level. Why do I say it here for you nuts who like to screw around with things as this:

Why does Black Swan seem to favor black and red lights and cold?

They change the quantum spin state fastest when you are disordered. ^^^^^People who start threads about CT usually are people loaded with spin state problems.

What does that mean? It means this: http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.ph...ides-pomc-b12-and-0g-5g-how-did-i-know.22749/

Jack' basis for the CT scale laid out in his CT protocol blog is that this is the TEMP range of what orders the quantum spin state or electrons and protons inside the visible spectrum of light on Earth BEST to work with the hydrated topologic insulators inside your cells. It is tied to information and energy quanta processing in mitochondria. You might want to get up to speed on your blind spots with regards to CT. If your redox sucks you need to increase the temp to find out where you are in heteroplasmy. Is this how Jack deciphers the angstrom difference likely present between your defective cytochromes to make predictions of how bad your environment really is?

YEP.

Jim Laird and drezy like this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2018-12-24_11-36-40.png

They change the quantum spin state fastest when you are disordered. Next question.
    ========================================
    Because way back in heaven
    those were the lights we grew up with.

heaven = Proto-Saturn

.. upload_2018-12-24_11-40-10.png

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Cheryl. likes this.
  8. drezy

drezy Gold

On a personal note: It was an idea I had in a sketchbook for my mother before I realized she pretty much just wants to give up. It's been a rough year witnessing that and coming to that conclusion. I didn't want that to be true. I figure this might be of use to someone out there.

That doesn't negate your speculation by a long stretch, though.

Curiosity requires the bravery to face answers that you don't like or that even scare you. It's those conclusions that rip the blinders off the best.

You're work fired up my curiosity.

My need to "like" conclusions is a habit I've been learning to shed.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  9. Anne V

Anne V Gold

what means rip the blinders Srezy. looked up in french , comes up with dechirer les oeilleres.
    i am not better off with this translation :)

10. Anne V

Anne V Gold

Drezy i.dont seem to b able to type the correct letter. need more sun and CT

11. Anne V

Anne V Gold

it looks a bit like a pemf.except more tubes and cold water in it must be easy enough to produce

12. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

@drezy where did you get the cooling bladder?
    I like your idea

13. drezy

drezy Gold

Happy New Year Brookway!

I just got back from a trip. I'm working on this idea in between my oyster shucking sessions.

I purposely did not include a link to that product because it is:
    1. 12'x12'
    2. Requires larger volumes water to pump up those large diameter veins so the pump would need to be be larger
    I have some basic hardware I'm tinkering with and threw out my first idea already.

You're mechanical guy. I was being a square and thinking square. A square array to tubing requires many Ts and connections making it more expensive (Ts are quite expensive). I'm working with spirals of tubing and pumps that can push the water quickly enough that there is only a small temperature gradient from IN port to OUT port. I'll post back here when I get further along.

That's interesting. Yep it's a heat exchanger with the human body and it should be pretty simple.

You know, like horse blinders :
    [​IMG]

Those blinders are what people wear when they insist that the harm from newer technologies must be proven before excluding them INSTEAD of the burden of proof being that we must exclude and limit technologies until no harm is proven.

The usual catch, that fools monkey brain time and again, being that absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  14. brookway17

brookway17 Silver

7B3E2299-C844-4741-9C6A-FA449DE3A656.jpeg Happy new year @drezy
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond but I was looking for a photograph of a hydronic-based sauna that I had built several years ago
    I faced a similar a design issue as you are. I was looking for maximum uniformity in the heated panels in the sauna. A parallel flow configuration worked out the best. But it uses the most tees , and I was using copper sweat fittings. This configuration also gives you the lowest pressure drop. The vertical tubes where are bonded to aluminum panels that spread out the heat, so I did not need that many tees per foot of radiator.
    One possible configuration that may reduce the number of T’s is to substitute a serpentine section for each leg. This will result in a higher pressure dropped but the uniformity should be decent

drezy likes this.
  15. drezy

drezy Gold

Thanks!

So far I'm working with a swirl pattern with HDPE. I found that stitching it together and then putting it in the oven @200-220F makes it conform pretty well to the bends and not want to unbend itself.

$8 - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...-D-x-25-ft-Polyethylene-Tube-301844/207144259

swirly.jpg

16. drezy

drezy Gold

The mother of invention stopped by.

@5G Canary , you've asked about this too.

Unit 0.1 was tested out by me today. It was cold in the hot 12 UV sun.

I'll post a list of parts soon after another day of testing.

sun_chiller.jpeg

I moved the unit up a bit while sitting on it to the BAT tissue in the upper back.

sun_chiller2.jpg

dminder.png

Phosphene and 5G Canary like this.
  17. drezy

drezy Gold

Parts list:

1. Body contact coil: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...-x-25-ft-Polyethylene-Tubing-301844/207144259 $9
    2. Hose lines: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbil...20-ft-Clear-PVC-Vinyl-Tubing-702473/207144400 $10
    3. Hose barbs: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-5-8-in-I-D-Plastic-Hose-Barb-Splicer-Fitting-800439/300862740 $2 x 2 = $4
    4. Small pump: https://www.amazon.com/Jebao-JP900-145GPH-145gph/dp/B00JQHOZ9U $15
    5. Some cooler: check you garage or attic
    6. Ice
    Rough Total: $38

The hose barbs are the only tricky part. They barely fit inside the thicker hose. Also the smaller hose barely crams into the inside diameter of the barb. Any other hardware approach would increase the cost of the projects well as put more junk under your back and may not be comfortable.

Any improvements, comments, or ideas are very welcome.

18. Pebbles

Pebbles Gold

Aliexpress cooling mats for dogs less than 20$, buy 2 and use is exchange - filled w gel water. Other option gel filled cooling sheets used in food industry - different sizes, cut based on needs. 20$ a dozen or so.

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  19. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

20. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

neato, i'll set this up on da teak lounge

drezy likes this.