1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Children CT

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by MamaGrok, Mar 28, 2012.

1. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I've been eating it on Fridays because it's Lent, and decided I will continue eating it on Fridays throughout the year, for multiple purposes! I *have* to eat wild-caught fish. The quality difference is HUGE, like the difference between meh & pastured lamb. Sockeye salmon is very tolerable, most white fishes. I had deep-fried red snapper in Puerto Rico and it was fabulous!

I even got a whole can of smoked oysters, another of kippered herring, and another of sardines down this morning (in a broth, covered in cinnamon, coriander, and cumin) - definite progress! I never, ever, ever could tolerate fish before.

BTW, quality, fresh fish shouldn't smell fishy at all.

2. MJ*

MJ* New Member

I'll look into the supplements, thanks and I'm all for online shopping, especially if it's cheaper!!...every morning she eats three eggs with the Kerrygold...I try to make them differently each day, some with veggies, some with a little cheese, or bacon - it does get boring though...I need to try more things...liver and fish roe I guarantee are out, she's too far gone for that! :)

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Nah ... 15 years ago I was eating Froot Loops for breakfast and bagels for (a lowfat!) lunch, sugar yogurt all afternoon, and frozen lowfat meals for dinner.

I do think finding exactly the waya given person likes eggs is very helpful. Once I found my sweet spot, I *never* get tired of eggs. Love them as much now as when I started them 2-3 years ago, every single day. Lightly scrambled in CO or butter, with salt & pepper. One child likes them over medium, another with cheese, another omelets every day. Doesn't bother me, just as easy to cook them all, and they keep eating them!

4. Another slightly off topic question.... do you guys order your Kerrygold online? If so, where? Need to start buying good butter, just hoping it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg!

5. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Trader Joe's has THE best prices if you have one nearby. WF & occasionally Kroger have it, too.

6. I've never been to Trader Joe's. The closest one is about an hour and 15 minutes away in a direction I almost never go! I've checked our Kroger, haven't ever seen in there. Bummer! Thanks for the info though.

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Recently TJoes raised the $ on Kerry Gold. WFM is now cheaper by $.35! At least in the DC area. Yum Kerry gold. Need to make more Ghee!

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ok... the girl (4yo) has started asking for Cold baths at night - she says she wants to make sure she doesn't get sick! She wants to take cold baths like mama. previously she was complaining the water wasn't cold enough - so I let her pick how cold the water was for bath time... she only allowed a little warm water... now she's wearing tanktops, and refusing jackets... she's starting to buy off on this! Whoot! the boy (2yo) is just getting dragged along - b/c he wants to be like his big sister... now if I could dial the diets in more than the 80/20 they're currently eating...

going to the pediatrician today for their annual check ups... going to mention my IgA being off the charts - and see if there's testing they're willing to do - other wise I'll just buy an ALCAT test for each kids and $ out of pocket to verify...

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Here's a pic of the girl CTing w/me this morning!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Ah! Finally a place i dont feel like a freak for feeding my kids well and supplementing them. Thank you :)

I'm starting week 3 of CT week 6 Leptin Rx...although I am fairly sure i have reset so i guess just paleo now..lol

My husband and 3 kids decided to join me in CTing yesterday. Husband shared a tub with me for 30 mins which I will not do again because he raised my water temp with his body heat and he farted. Thats where I draw the line lol!

My kids got in a 55-58 degree tub and sat for almost 30mins. I wasnt sure if that was ok but all seems well. My middle son did not last long he said it hurt his ankles. He has some health issues. Parasites and such.

I am grateful to you all and your wonderful insights into raising kids that thrive! About damn time!

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

12. Coriander

Coriander Silver

13. Holly

Holly New Member

I recently have found the big tubs of Kerrygold at my Costco, yay!

14. Destiny

Destiny New Member

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This topic will be covered in todays webinar.........

16. So my son (almost 6) has been hopping in my baths after me. Usually water around 65 degrees. He is timing and trying to increase his times. Just does it as he feels it.

One interesting thing, may or may not be related - but before going all paleo with him, he had some lower arm rashyness and he had a bout of athletes foot when he was 4ish.

On Friday his arm rash showed up out of nowhere, as did the athletes foot irritated skin. I wonder if he was storing something that the CT released.

17. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member