1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

child - food allergies, learning difficulty and inappropriate behaviour

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Danica, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Danica

Danica New Member

Hi Jack,

My 9 year old sun has food allergies and sensitivities (dairy) (with allergies getting much less over the years but large ones are still there). He has started watching sunrises 2-3 months ago, does not snack between meals any more and tries to stay in the sun whenever he can. He is (and has always been) very negative, it is hard for him to understand things that are easy for others to understand (learning-wise at school as well as what is appropriate/inappropriate behaviour). Is there anything else that we can do to help to diminish his food allergies, his every-day attitude and learning/behaviour?

Alex97232 likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alex97232 likes this.
  3. Danica

Danica New Member

Lack of solar redox = Is this due to not getting enough UVB because of not being in the sun long enough or not enough strength of UVB due to the higher latitude? (we live in Sydney, Australia).

The article says that if the mother doesn’t have enough vit D during pregnancy (which I probably didn’t since people would always comment how pale I was), this predisposes the child to allergies. Once the child is born and does have allergies, would strong and lot of UVB help to diminish them?

My son has been on GAPS diet for the past 7 years. I buy cod liver oil for him as that is recommended by GAPS due to its high vit D,A and DHA content. Based on the article I am now not sure if this is wise for him to take? = do cod liver oil and the sun or just the sun?

Also, with the sun exposure, I assume the belly would need to be exposed to get the benefit (ie no shirt on) or would he still be able to make enough vit D if he has a T-shirt on?

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Skin in the game.........ALL OF IT.

GAPS diet will do nothing without the sun

5. Jude

Jude Gold

iirc there is no UVB in Sydney approx Early April till mid September.(Winter) Sydney falls below 35degrees L during that time.
    So time to make D in Sydney is Sept to April. In Moree, northern NSW, its 10th Sept till 15th April. Being more north we would get UVB earlier than Syd.

Here are links that might help

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/time-rethink-your-truth-sun-jack-kruse

That you tube of Dr A Wunsch on the sun also explains it very well

6. Jude

Jude Gold

Sorry didn't post properly, here's the links

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Please do not post patreon member blogs Jude.

8. Jude

Jude Gold

Sorry, won't do it again.

9. Danica

Danica New Member

Thank you Jack, I understand - all skin in the sun.

10. Danica

Danica New Member

Thank you for the link and the youtube videos Jude. I'll watch the videos in the next few days once the kids go to bed. How do you find out when there is UVB at which latitudes? I don't know why but I always thought that there would be UVB in Sydney even in winter, at least during noon (maybe because it is still warm!). One thing I also thought about reading your post was that my son gets very irritable and argumentative in the 3rd term of school (July - Sept). It may something to have with not having had any UVB since April... just a thought but he is extremely sensitive to his environment so it could be the cause/one of the causes.