1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Chewin' nic, smaller _____

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Corey Nelson, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Corey Nelson

Corey Nelson CoreyNelson.io

This study confirmed some subjective experiences I'd noticed.

Sad to say as much as I love the effects of nicotine gum, this is a deal-breaker for me - personally, the addictiveness (and enjoyment) of the gum makes it too difficult for me to strategically avoid it prior to sex, plus, I generally do cognitively demanding tasks daily AND have sex daily.

Your mileage may vary, but I noticed significant size differences before starting, during use, and after eliminating nic gum from my regimen. (Seemingly reversible, for anyone wondering.)

Maybe if I find myself away from women for several months, I'll consider resuming. I realize not everyone cares about this and I'm in no way trying to scare people away from nic gum (which I found valuable in many ways), but it's a correlation that's worth understanding if you do care.

Acute Effects of Nicotine on Physiological and Subjective Sexual Arousal in Nonsmoking Men: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
    Methods
    Twenty-eight sexually functional heterosexual men (mean age 21 years), each with less than 100 direct exposures to nicotine, participated in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial. Participants received either Nicorette polacrilex gum (SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare, Pittsburgh, PA, USA) (6 mg; approximately equivalent to smoking one high-yield cigarette) or placebo gum, matched for appearance, taste, and consistency, approximately 40 minutes prior to viewing an erotic film.

Main Outcome Measures
    Physiological (circumferential change via penile plethysmography) and subjective (continuous self-report) sexual responses to erotic stimuli were examined, as well as changes in mood.

Results
    Nicotine significantly reduced erectile responses to the erotic films (P = 0.02), corresponding to a 23% reduction in physiological sexual arousal. This occurred in 16 of 20 men with valid physiological recordings. Nicotine had no significant effect on continuous subjective ratings of sexual arousal (P = 0.70) or on mood

[Emphasis added]