1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Checked Labs - Help intrepreting please!!

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by elvey90, Nov 20, 2013.

1. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

Hey All,

Just got my labs in and was wondering if I can get a bit of help interpreting the results:

Also BOLD means it's elevated according to the prescribe ranges

Vitamin B12 & Folate:

Vitamin B12: 468 pmol/L (150-700) Increased since my last check by 114
    R.C Folate: 715 nmol/L (> 630) Increased since my last check by 125

Serum/Plasma Biochemistry

Sodium: 139 mmol/L (136-146)
    Potassium: 4.3 mmol/L (3.5-5.0)
    Chloride: 102 mmol/L (95-110)
    Bicarbonate: 35 mmol/L (22-31)
    Urea: 11.8 mmol/L (2.3-7.6)
    Est.GFR(ml/min): 84 per 1.73sqm (> 60)
    Creatinine: 107 umol/L (60-110)
    Total Bilbirubin: 7 umol/L (<20)
    Ala. Aminotransferase (ALT): 23 U/L (<40)
    Asp. Aminotransferase (AST): 20 U/L (:love:5)
    Alkaline Phophatase (ALP): 82 U/L (35-110)
    Gamma Glutamyl Trans. (GGT): 19 U/L (<40)
    Total Protein: 75 g/L (65-85)
    Albumin: 46 g/L (38-50)
    Globulin: 29 g/L (22-38)

Thyroid Function Test (Serum)

Free T4: 15.4 pmol/L (10.0-19.0)
    TSH: 2.22 mIU/L (0.50-4.00)
    Free T3: 4.5 pmol/L (3.5-6.5)

Iron Studies

Ferriton: 458 ug/L (20-300)
    Iron: 13 umol/L (10-30)
    Transferrin: 2.2 g/L (2.2-3.7)
    Transferrin Sat: 24 % (13-47)

Serum Glucose

5.1 mmol/L (4.0-7.8) taken at 7:50PM

Ultrasensitive C-Reactive Protein

<0.10 mg/L (0.00 - 10.00)

That's it, please let me know what all of this means and possibly point me in the right direction. I'm looking at the Ultrasensensitive C-Reactive Protein and looks pretty low, meaning I should be doing the Leptin Rx?

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

Cheers!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am crap at reading labs - but someone will look when they have a chance!

Did you do Vit D, hsCRP, rT3,

You probably will have to talk your Doc into hsCRP - he will think you don't know what you are talking about and just want to do a regular CRP

You can get rT3 thru Healthscope .... they have a functional medicine section. You can also get melatonin thru them.
    Your Doc can order these - you have to pay - around $50.00 each if I remember right.
    My Doc has requisition forms for them but if your Doc doesn't he can use regular requisition forms. You can call them and get all the info.
    They also do a saliva ASI ..... I get mine thru ZRT labs [canary club} in the U.S. basically same price - but ZRT will give you your results.

Your Doc can also order pregnenolone - extra charge. Just be aware it is batch tested so the results could take 6 weeks.

Jack's book has a great section on labs ... it is available from Amazon ... in kindle or paper

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  3. Jude

Jude Gold

Ultrasensitive C-Reactive Protein

<0.10 mg/L (0.00 - 10.00)

I would like my HsCrp to be as good as yours...that's pretty terrific I'd say.:) Your blood glucose looks good too for 7.50pm? that's correct is it? Fasting?

4. Jude

Jude Gold

5. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

Thanks for having a look Jude! :)
    First of all with my HSCRP reading......really??? haha (coming from someone who has no idea what to look at)

I've been on the traditional paleo diet since April this year with cheat meals here and there, I've been doing IF on paleo for about 2-3 weeks finishing dinner before 7pm on most days, so maybe that's why my blood glucose looks like how it is?

Not sure how to double quote, response to Caroline:

I did a Vit D test separately a while back, can't remember the exact figures but I remember it was below average (doctor said it was quite low) but still within allowable range.
    BTW when I was asking for a RT3 test was, he had no idea what it was so I went for the HSCRP............(thought that was quite funny).
    Will check out the salivory ASI, thanks for the link :)

Anyway, just to clarify, just from these readings is there anything I need to consider apart from EMF's, I've been reducing it as much as I can, disconnecting electrical devices etc. But quite difficult as I live in shared housing. Also should I continue doing Leptin RX? I must say that even though it's only been a few days, I feel great after having a BAB and can my hunger won't kick in till Dinner time. I've posted this in a separate thread but I'm slowly removing poultry in my diet and replacing it with seafood (even if they're not wild caught, mussels are soooo good).

Will be doing the iodine + co-supplement soon as well.

Any advice or feedback would be awesome.

Cheers!

6. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

Yes read this and which blog is Jack referring to?

I'm already drinking non-fluoridated water and the next step is plenty of Iodine hence the Iodine + co-supplement routine.

Heaps of information here, loving it :)

7. Jude

Jude Gold

JK recommends we eat our iodine, ie.... epi paleo...it will replenish, restock tissues normally and gradually remove halidades (fluoride etc). Personally, I think caution is needed when starting to implement supplements.......I haven't had a reaction to iodine but DH has......very difficult to know how you'll react without testing first. Have fun...

8. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

I agree with the supplements as well and would like to be on no supplements at all (I'm only taking Fermented Cod Liver Fish Oil). The reason I want to supplement with iodine is to manage my mercury levels, I've read somewhere that it binds the mercury or something like that.
    The one thing I'm not sure about (and this is taken from the Monster Thread on Iodine) is that to take Iodine, the co-supplements (mentioned in the thread) are required when taking Iodine. At first I thought it's only Selenium required (taken from top 10 paleo supplement blog from JK).

Any clarification on this would be much appreciated.

9. Jude

Jude Gold

10. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

Yea your right Jude, should calm down and test myself first haha....just getting really excited and can get pretty eager to just dip feet first and adjust later !

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

In Dr. Jacson's webinar yesterday he gave us a real wake up call about using supplements randomly.....

Re think the iodine for now until you learn more.....

The whole thread ....the Aussie donut hole is a must reed for us here.....

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you getting outside for the photoelectric affect .... And grounding? Hug a tree, wear as little clothes as possible! You need to get your Vit D way up.

Don't forget the three legged stool! Have you read Gretchen's blog?

Have you listened to Dr. Jackson's free webinar?

13. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

Yea I've read the whole thread but I probably have to re-read it to really grasp what's going on (the finer details), but so far my understanding is, or should say action plan is from the thread:

- More Seafood all year round
    - Little to no Carbs all year round
    - CT practices is a must
    - Drink Non-Fluoride water (been doing this for ages), most important step I say among with eating seafood all year round

Yea it is difficult to get out into the sun due to work circumstances but I do my best to take breaks every so often and just stand in the sun and grass in my suit......
    And yes you are right on the Iodine, I guess I just got kind of panicky going through the thread and wanted as much iodine protection instead of getting it from natural sources such as seafood.

Could you provide the link for Gretchen's blog?
    And the webinar link doesn't seem to be working?

14. Jude

Jude Gold

Gretchen's blog,
    http://www.yourpaleohealthcare.com/

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you drinking imported water? from N/Hemisphere?

when you are able to get outside - can you take your shoes and sox off? do you have leather soled shoes for grounding when you can't?

You could wear a really nice pair of cowboy boots with your suit me thinks...:)

16. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

I'm currently drinking Pureau Nobles water, if that's unavailable for any reason I have a jug which I got from http://www.seychellefilters.com.au/index.php/ that takes out 90% (or so they say). However I drink Nobles water most of the time and my jug is the absolute last resort.
    I'm assuming water from the N/Hemisphere can be bought from Aldi or Leo's?

I can, would probably get funny looks coming my way. Will probably get a leather soled shoe now that you mention it, though I'm working towards moving out of this job and never ever wearing a suit again so maybe might as well take my shoes and socks off!

When I do wear cowboy boots with a suit, I'll take a pick :) haha

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just take everything off and go for the total photoelectric effect!!!

The water you are drinking is aussie tho?

18. elvey90

elvey90 Guest

The water from the jug is from tap water so yes...but that is last resort, I usually buy bottles and casks of Pureau Nobles. Can really taste the difference!

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

That water is from here tho - isn't it? you need water from the northern hemisphere to be optimal - to get the energy payload.
    I buy SanBenedetto from Aldi.......

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Don't forget the three legged stool ..... water, the photoelectric effect and magnetism.......