1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cheap full body red light

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by John Saf, Nov 22, 2017.

1. John Saf

John Saf New Member

Im looking for a full body red light therapy devise. I can not afford the joovv.
    The one in the screenshot is a lot cheaper, and has the same specs on paper.

Do you think this is a good one?
    What makes a ligth like this good or bad?
    Im on a budget, and live in norway so my options a limited.

Thank you

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    WillTheHammer likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Post link to the place that sells it.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need a better avatar too. Bending the rules is not wise.

4. John Saf

John Saf New Member

WillTheHammer likes this.
  5. John Saf

John Saf New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  6. John Saf

John Saf New Member

I have orderd it. When i get my hands on it, if somebody is interested, i can perform the tests you want so maybe it can help others to decide if it is good or bad and worth buying.

What testes should be done to say if a light like this is good or bad?

Wendy Harris likes this.
  7. Patrick K

Patrick K New Member

How much did you pay (please pm me)?
    Seems like a nice option
    Can you hang it up on a wall?

8. Technically speaking, seen these devices are emitting light in the proper part of the spectrum, are absolutely OK, so i think there is nothing bad on them, comparing to Joov, except maybe some lower build quality.

9. John Saf

John Saf New Member

I payed 350usd including Norwegian tax and shipping for the upgraded version (200led). Fedex tracing says delivery is 28.12.17.
    I will check the EMF and report back. I will also post some pictures and the user manual if you want. What else should be controlled to say if this lamp is good/bad?

Sheddie likes this.
  10. It just may not be as powerful as the Joove, so perhaps you may need to use it more.
    Jack originally suggested I use a Novothor light pod and there was one located 1.5 hrs from my house. When I got there I found it was not an original, the guy had copied the Novo specs and had it made. I signed up for 10 session, had 6, then found an original Novothor pod 40 mins from my house. I didn’t feel the difference in my energy levels till I had 10 session in the original Novothor. I was told by both practitioners you need approx 10 session before you feel the increase in energy, so either my adrenal fatigue was bad and required 16 session or the 6 sessions I had in the Novothor copy didn’t do much, or my mind kicked in? I’m not saying the copy didn’t work but with a cheaper product it just may not be as powerful so may require more use. However I am no expert, just sharing my experience of using a cheaper copy of the original in this photobiomodulation field.

seanb4 and caroline like this.
  11. Julian

Julian New Member

Super interested to see your review on this man!

12. Julian

Julian New Member

I got a chinese 850nm mini from ebay for $70 it worked for a couple weeks then just stopped :/ now after seeing that alibaba site i see them selling for like 8 bucks a pop.

13. Julian

Julian New Member

14. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

15. John Saf

John Saf New Member

Got it today. Hands on: build quality is good. The label says 850/670nm.
    I will take pics external, and internal (have to open it) so you can see the build quality and led/fan specs.
    But i will need a light spectrometer to give a review. So we know the light is in the specified spectrum.
    Im waiting for my trifield emf meter (ebay), will it do the job to review this lamp?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  16. John Saf

John Saf New Member

I think i have to build a light spectrometer like this:

What do you use?

17. drezy

drezy Gold

Cool. Hack everything, always and talk to your kids about the concepts. Demonstrate that you are very interested in light. Live it and show them that you live it. Keep going and tag me in at any step along the way.

Brent Patrick and John Saf like this.
  18. Julian

Julian New Member

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

We are thinking of replacement of 42% of solar energy.

upload_2017-12-29_10-2-54.png

20. Pablo

Pablo New Member

@John Saf , any updates on that device you got? I´m considering getting some device in the near future, though I have not much money to spend...300 or 400€ as much I would consider...