1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Charmane's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Charmane, May 2, 2019.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

and a son I have to emotionally "let go" as he's now 22.
    =====================
    I have a fantastic, healthy, very smart son. He is 48 now.
    There was no way to let him go until about 6 years ago (when he matched with his current wife).
    No need to rush.
    My DW (RIP), she picked me up and made me happy about it.

Charmane likes this.
  2. Charmane

Charmane New Member

Thank you JanSz!
    I have a fantastic, healthy, very smart son who's 22. He stopped speaking to me since last February. Never said why, just has not answered any of my messages. He did e-mail a very brief Mother's Day message. He moved out of his dad's place into his own apartment in March (he moved in with his dad, more out in "the country," after I sold my house that was across the street for the "blew the top off my meter" cell tower). My heart tells me he just needs this "distance" while he's setting up his own life the way he wants it, as best he can. My son still has spoken with his dad occasionally, and his dad told me that he believes our son would keep in touch better if he didn't already know that both his parents are still on speaking terms. He's alive and supporting himself financially. I am working on "me," so that "when" we speak again, I'll have a life and self to present that won't be full of "martyred mom feelings." I do love my job, co-workers, and the man I've been seeing for about 18 months now... and I adore my bag-of-bones (but the softest most luxurious fur you've ever felt) cat. It's been a bit of a transition. I homeschooled my son for all but 4th, 5th, 9th, and 10th grade (he withdrew from public school as an 11th grader). I had sole custody after my divorce (the divorce was why he went into public school for 4th grade, but I managed to make homeschooling work through middle school as a single parent). I became very attached, and too, too presumptuous that I "knew" "my son." Again, I believe this distancing is probably somehow just what he needs at this time. Probably best for me, too...

JanSz and caroline like this.