1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

changes over time

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by LisaLearning, Oct 19, 2017.

1. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

So I've been CTing like a madwoman, since July, whereas CT was more sporadic for me prior to that.

I've noticed that I still struggle to warm up, and it takes me ages longer than my husband. I sit in the bath with ice and cold packs, and can stay for ages (hour and a half, maybe more if the boredom doesn't win), but I always struggle to warm up and cannot do this too close to bedtime (as I definitely, like many here, cannot warm up if I cover up).

I don't feel there's been any increase in how well I am able to warm up since when I started CT. I sleep better, but still, I somehow thought I would start generating more heat, when actually it feels like I tolerate cold reasonably well, but don't get the heat generating effect like my husband does.

I started googling around about my mtDNA haplotype, and saw Doug Wallace had pointed it out as a type that is more tightly coupled (I presume he meant more tightly coupled for a european haplotype, as my ancestors are not from equatorial Africa), and I wondered if I am just never going to heat surge in response to cold due to mtDNA.

Is there any benefit to playing around with being more uncoupled when more tightly coupled people live in less warm/sunny climes (like less oxidation)? Or is it better to dose light and pretend to be in a more natural environment for the tightly coupled mitochondria? It seems Jack likes both concomitantly (light and cold), but I haven't seen discussions of increasing uncoupling (unless I have missed them?).

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Lisa don't get mad at me. But this little reminder needs to be said.

[​IMG]

You can not cure any mitochondrial disease in the same environment it was acquired in. Axiomatic mitochondriac position given to us by Nature.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

England.........that is the problem especially when the sun refuses to shine in autumn and winter. ;)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  4. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

I'm not at all mad. :) We all do our stuff in our own time.

I've gone from feeling exhausted and like crap with a sun allergy to feeling full of energy, sleeping well and tanning like I haven't done since I was a child. I crave the feeling of the sun on my skin (when I used to find it unbearable due to PMLEs), feet in grass and the outdoors now, and have come such a long way, really. I'm even noticing changes in SCI. And that has happened in the same place that I got sick. I undoubtedly need some place with more light, but I don't accept that I can't continue to improve here, even if I do think I would be better off elsewhere.

These changes have helped me to regain the spirit and energy to found a charity and school that I care so much about. I've worked unbelievably hard, and this year (our second year) we will see revenues of over a million. We've helped lots of young people already, and I won't hand it off until I get it so that I will be sure it is safe. So I am making some sacrifices for that, but we are helping children who are unbelievably anxious to relax in school, and helping kids w dyslexia to regain their confidence and not feel that an issue like dyslexia defines their intellect. To me this is very important work. And I am the kind of person that sees things that matter through.

So I will delay larger changes for a little while longer while I poise the school for a future without me, and I still have to sort out the transition from my son from the English education system to another as-yet unknown one, somewhere else.

But that's okay. This is not all-or-nothing, and so even if I can't be "optimal", I still can do better. I'll spend all of December somewhere warm (maybe Mexico, maybe Africa, it's not a done deal yet, but of course it would be great to see you and everyone else), and this time I will head off the voracious hunger that occurred last year by transitioning climes in a more thoughtful way.

In the meantime, you never know, I might buy a house in latin america or on the mediterranean coast and start the process. But for me, no need to wait until then. I don't need to stand still just because I am here.

Were you trying to say that you don't think I will uncouple more due to haplotype, even w cold, etc.?

Jack Kruse likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sounds like you need a beach in Mexico. I'll leave the sun out for you

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think the stress with the falling light cycle spiked the heteroplasmy rate. Way to tell: Ferritin level spike. I'm nice to my UK drivers! This is the kind of quantum clinic services coming soon on the farm in NOLA. Ferritin (Fe^+3) is not stored or potentially usable iron for cells. This is why stars blow up when their cores are loaded with iron too. You've heard me say many times that mitochondria and stars have a lot in common, well, how they BOTH fail is one of those things. Fe^+3 is free radical toxic iron (rust). It is highly associated with increased cellular amyloid formation in the brain and may be a contributing factor in dementia, ALS, Parkinson's, nearly all atherosclerotic heart disease and all elevated cholesterol, lack of lipid sulfation, water trapping in the mitochondria causing mitochondrial swelling, increased cell volumes, and loss of growth controls. When mitochondria swell = size and shape change = a radical change in thermodynamics. Redox Rx 101.

drezy likes this.
  7. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Good for you for getting a farm. :)

Ok, so I understand you to be saying that my redox is still too low, but I don't get why all the CT isn't improving it. I have tried MB (and nicotine), and eventually I forgot to keep taking them. because there really wasn't a noticeable effect.

I was drawn to look at the redox blog again recently, and I just read it again this morning, and of course I know my artificial light is dialed in - it has been for years, and I even have BPI 500 birth control glasses now. I haven't looked at EMF in awhile, and so I used the meter and checked my sleeping area, my desk, etc. and any place I spend any amount of time, and EMFs barely even register on the cornet (unless I have a handheld device on).

Still, I do have my borderline anemia and I don't have enough ferritin. I've seen your comments before about ferritin/ferric and ferrous charges/sunlight and EMF, but I haven't seen anything about why ferritin is low in the absence of good light. I also remember some comments about heavy bleeding, and I have googled everything I can think of but cannot re-locate any of those comments you have made now. I imagine that I need to go and have a read about how ferritin is made in the body in the first place, which I don't know, and perhaps there will be a clue in there.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Its because the power of your starlight cannot stimulate your bone marrow stem cells to make cells in the plasma. You need more Mexico and a shit ton less of London. That is the conudrum of Lisa...........so the school thing..............think about it carefully.

9. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

I should have clarified; my RBC, Hb, Hct, MCV, MCH are all in the top half of reference ranges. That doesn't seem to fit with me having trouble making cells, but it's my ferritin that is always borderline low and so if anything happens (like a lot of bleeding recently) then my CBC does suffer and I become frankly anemic.

It seems like my body wants to hold on to the absolute minimum amount of iron that it can - trying to minimise oxidative stress?