1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Chads Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by AdaptogenicBeing, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Greetings! Today begins my journal towards becoming optimal. I made a quick write up in success stories titled "from fruit bat to great white" this gave the basic rundown of my success so far. I will update my journal a few days with relevant info.

To begin with I have been dealing with leaky gut/adrenal issues for 8 months now. Ive also had an inflammatory issue that comes up in the late autumn and carries over into the winter. This I now believe to be completely tied to carb consumption outside of the seasons. I have been following epi paleo since June of this year. A few months before that I had been following more of a bulletproof template and limiting my seafood consumption before that. As a way of trying to control my inflammation I had followed a raw vegan diet for 3.5 years. At this point I think the diet was a large portion of my decline, even taking EMF into account.

Due to my illness I ended up leaving my job which bothered me at the time for multiple reasons. This I now see as a blessing in disguise. I used to work until 10pm at whole foods. This gave me plenty of fake light exposure long after the sun went down. Around the time of me quitting my job I had just begun to read the blogs on this site and this refreshed the possibility in my mind that light, wifi, cellphones ect do have an impact on wellness. I knew things needed to change. I told my wife that I could no longer live in Massachusetts and needed more peace and quiet(she too deals with adrenal/digestion/candidia issues). The house that we lived in, while very quaint was DYIed to the max and was over 50 yrs old. Im almost positive that the dwelling was not grounded out correctly. I did sleep in a grounding sheet that was grounded to the outside in the dirt however I knew this wasn't enough.

I now have moved to NH and live with my parents(the wife soon to follow) I got a job working for a friend in the furniture business. This gets me out of work around 5 everyday. I get plenty of time outside as well as physical movement. Only downside I see is sometimes long days spent in a delivery truck. I do at least 20 min of CT after work most days and will also do the ol ice cube sheets under a compression shirt. I now have the opportunity to go hiking, and swim in clean rivers/bodies of water which will be nice and cold in the next 30-40 days.

As for emf Im doing the best I can. The house im in is a large Victorian. The room Im in is on the far side away from blarring TVs and other distractions. I sleep on the floor with a grounding blanket. The house does have wifi, however I unplug it when it is not in use. Ive looked at the circuit breaker and in order to cut off my room it looks as though Id have to cut off a chunk of the house. I realize this is a good thing, but I also need to keep in mind its not my house and I don't want to wear out my welcome. My parents aren't down with any of this even though this would help them out tremendously! I will also add that I wear my orange glass at all times after sunset no phone or tv after sunset. I have a red lightbulb(the kind used in a darkroom) in my bedroom for when I do need illumination.

Current supps are as follows:

AM: 1000 mg Resveretrol/5g d-ribose/1tbsp slippery elm powder(inner bark),1 tsp compounded Pau d arco formula(Im an herbalist in training)/100MG ubiquinol
    Noonish: 1 dropper full of bitters
    PM:500 resveratrol/400mg magnesium citrate/1000mg vit c/1.5tsp of he shou wu powder/5g dribose
    Before bed:1-2g activated charcoal. This is only taken 3 times/week

I know there are tweaks that can be made with my supps. Im sticking to this for now as it seems whenever I deviate much with diet or supps my symptoms of red face and racing heart kick up. Ive been using The Res for a week now and it has made such a diiference.

Be Well
    Chad

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Welcome, Chad. Glad you are able to make these good changes.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome Chad on this great journey. So glad to see you here!

You have made great changes for yourself and your wife. It seems like you have great instincts.....don't ever loose that.

Check out Erwan Lecorre and movnat.....things you could implement yourself where you are now living.

Did you have a chance to see the EMF boot camp? Might be a good idea when you start looking for your own place.

Do you watch the webinars? They are all are good but the June was exceptional and the Q&A with Erwan was amazing

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Where did you live before NH? 8 months of AF is a tell.......so let's hear about your past environment

5. @caroline: I have been watching the webinars. For some reason I don't seem to have the q&a with Erowin. I am familiar with movenat and do enjoy my outside play time.
    @Jack: I lived in Lexington Ma. A suburb about 20 min outside of Boston

In the name of science Ill talk about both my past as well as past living environments. Ill try to keep it as short as possible :)

I grew up in southern NH and lived there for 19yrs. I was the kid that Jack mentioned in one of the webinars, stayed up all night eating carbs and playing video games I had been overweight my whole life. After tipping the scale at 260lb(Im 5'9'') my junior yr of high school I decided to drop the weight. I had no clue as to how to do so as my nutritional knowledge was non existent. I lost the weight quick by more or less starving myself. I didn't know I was starving myself. I just thought about the calories in and out and decided the less I eat the more Ill lose. I ened up dropping 140 lb in about18-20 months. I was now a twig although I did do some weight training and had a job installing flooring which always kept me on the move.

In 2003 I moved out of my parents place(now my current) and took on the role of operating a self storage facility. It had long been a dream of mine to own property or some sort of business. My apartment was attached to the office itself. In fact the office area served as a makeshift living room area. There I stayed for a number of years. I guess in some sense I may have lived in my own lil faraday cage inside the metal building. I did not have wifi and I only had a small flip cell phone which rarely got any use(I lived in a small town that at the time had almost no cell service)

Now the kicker. During this time period I began to drink alcoholically. I had been a bit of boozer in the past but I soon went out of control. Context being key, by out of control I mean 2Liters of liquor(whiskey and/or vodka) per day and anywhere from 2-10 cans of beer/day. I had a liquor store within a 3 min walk and a nice sized bank account so obtaining the stuff was never an issue. At the time I weighed 175lb(I am currently @ 155-160). I would stay up for days at a time drinking heavily ,taking caffeine pills and efeindrine pills also eating at irregular hours. Sometime not getting enough exercise and at others getting way too much. If there were a trophy for trashing your circadian rhythms Id have won it.
    After 4+ yrs of living in this manner Id had enough. I couldn't go more than a few hours of being awake before I would start shaking with DTs and vertigo and auditory hallucinations. A few months before entering rehab Id approached and MD for help with my issues. I was not totally honest with him about my lifestyle although I did admit to being a relatively heavy drinker. As a result he put me on Zoloft and Xanax. I barley took the Zoloft, but obviously found great relief from the Benzos.

I spent 17 weeks in a rehab that had a very different approach than others. Their approach was looking at addiction as more SPIRITUAL SICKNESS! As the use of whatever substance was more a symptom of something greater than the problem itself. Needless to say the june 2013 webinar had a lot of meaning to me. After leaving rehab I spent a few months in both a sober house and eventually moved into an apartment of my own a few months later. During this time I got reacquainted with proper nutrition and exercise. I was always one for staying hydrated however I only drank tap water. I also meditated for an hour/day. While I did make the effort to not stay up till all hours Id still be in recovery meetings until at least 930-10 pm. This I felt obligated to do because at times even at the age of 26-27 I was the most stable person in the room. The approach taught to me by the rehab had truly shown me to confront ALL of my bullshit head on and deal with it accordingly.(I am still clean to this day, 5+yrs). This I passed onto others.

So fast forward a bit: My wife and I ended up moving into an apartment complex which was kept nice, however the walls were very thin and it was more or a 24hr waterfall of EMF. I could pull up anywhere from 6-10 wifis at a clip plus having tvs playing all around. My wife and I fortunately didn't own a TV although we were both guilty of playing on phones and computers up until bed. Also during the winter there was virtually no fresh air flow through the apartment.

There we lived for 2.5 yrs then moved to the house previously mentioned in Mass. When I moved to Massachusetts I took up ultrarunning for 1.5 years. Running anywhere from 60-80 miles/week and working 40hrs on top of that. In july of last year I began to show some adrenal issues and gave up endurance athletics all together. My issues gradually got worse and all of the things that Ive previously wrote about happened. I am so glad to have come across all of this info and this community. This knowledge would have helped me out SO much during my addiction years. I am going to study this all extensively so that I may help others in the future to work toward becoming optimal

:)

6. It seems my first reply didn't go through. Sorry if this doubles up

@caroline: I have been watching the webinars. For some reason I don't seem to have the q&a with Erowin. I am familiar with movenat and do enjoy my outside play time.
    @Jack: I lived in Lexington Ma. A suburb about 20 min outside of Boston

In the name of science Ill talk about both my past as well as past living environments. Ill try to keep it as short as possible :)

I grew up in southern NH and lived there for 19yrs. I was the kid that Jack mentioned in one of the webinars, stayed up all night eating carbs and playing video games I had been overweight my whole life. After tipping the scale at 260lb(Im 5'9'') my junior yr of high school I decided to drop the weight. I had no clue as to how to do so as my nutritional knowledge was non existent. I lost the weight quick by more or less starving myself. I didn't know I was starving myself. I just thought about the calories in and out and decided the less I eat the more Ill lose. I ened up dropping 140 lb in about18-20 months. I was now a twig although I did do some weight training and had a job installing flooring which always kept me on the move.

In 2003 I moved out of my parents place(now my current) and took on the role of operating a self storage facility. It had long been a dream of mine to own property or some sort of business. My apartment was attached to the office itself. In fact the office area served as a makeshift living room area. There I stayed for a number of years. I guess in some sense I may have lived in my own lil faraday cage inside the metal building. I did not have wifi and I only had a small flip cell phone which rarely got any use(I lived in a small town that at the time had almost no cell service)

Now the kicker. During this time period I began to drink alcoholically. I had been a bit of boozer in the past but I soon went out of control. Context being key, by out of control I mean 2Liters of liquor(whiskey and/or vodka) per day and anywhere from 2-10 cans of beer/day. I had a liquor store within a 3 min walk and a nice sized bank account so obtaining the stuff was never an issue. At the time I weighed 175lb(I am currently @ 155-160). I would stay up for days at a time drinking heavily ,taking caffeine pills and efeindrine pills also eating at irregular hours. Sometime not getting enough exercise and at others getting way too much. If there were a trophy for trashing your circadian rhythms Id have won it.
    After 4+ yrs of living in this manner Id had enough. I couldn't go more than a few hours of being awake before I would start shaking with DTs and vertigo and auditory hallucinations. A few months before entering rehab Id approached and MD for help with my issues. I was not totally honest with him about my lifestyle although I did admit to being a relatively heavy drinker. As a result he put me on Zoloft and Xanax. I barley took the Zoloft, but obviously found great relief from the Benzos.

I spent 17 weeks in a rehab that had a very different approach than others. Their approach was looking at addiction as more SPIRITUAL SICKNESS! As the use of whatever substance was more a symptom of something greater than the problem itself. Needless to say the june 2013 webinar had a lot of meaning to me. After leaving rehab I spent a few months in both a sober house and eventually moved into an apartment of my own a few months later. During this time I got reacquainted with proper nutrition and exercise. I was always one for staying hydrated however I only drank tap water. I also meditated for an hour/day. While I did make the effort to not stay up till all hours Id still be in recovery meetings until at least 930-10 pm. This I felt obligated to do because at times even at the age of 26-27 I was the most stable person in the room. The approach taught to me by the rehab had truly shown me to confront ALL of my bullshit head on and deal with it accordingly.(I am still clean to this day, 5+yrs). This I passed onto others.

So fast forward a bit: My wife and I ended up moving into an apartment complex which was kept nice, however the walls were very thin and it was more or a 24hr waterfall of EMF. I could pull up anywhere from 6-10 wifis at a clip plus having tvs playing all around. My wife and I fortunately didn't own a TV although we were both guilty of playing on phones and computers up until bed. Also during the winter there was virtually no fresh air flow through the apartment.

There we lived for 2.5 yrs then moved to the house previously mentioned in Mass. When I moved to Massachusetts I took up ultrarunning for 1.5 years. Running anywhere from 60-80 miles/week and working 40hrs on top of that. In july of last year I began to show some adrenal issues and gave up endurance athletics all together. My issues gradually got worse and all of the things that Ive previously wrote about happened. I am so glad to have come across all of this info and this community. This knowledge would have helped me out SO much during my addiction years. I am going to study this all extensively so that I may help others in the future to work toward becoming optimal

:)

7. Its been an interesting few days. On Wednesday I awoke at 445 ready to take on the world. Absolutely full of life. Did some rebounding and meditation. Had some BP coffee while watching the sun rise in my front yard. I then had some shrimp and coconut manna for breakfast before heading off to work. Once there I had 3 insane bowel movements. Complete liquid to the point I saw undigested food from the previous evening come out. I felt drained for the rest of the day.

On Thursday I added some berries to my first meal and by the time I got to work I was drained big time. Became red in the face and had some energy fluctuations. Friday was much the same. Im sure that the berries were the cause of the issues on the second day and I may have overdone my Mg intake on Tuesday evening.

I am happy to say that the resveratrol seems to be helping out. For months my shoulders and lower back had been covered with acne. After 2 weeks of daily Res use there is nothing but scaring left. Up until some of the issues early this week I had experience little brain fog which I also attribute to the res.

Finally I have also decided to begin making youtube vids again. I had made them in the past while playing with the raw vegan lifestyle and had gotten away from it for about 6 months. Now that Ive been feeling/looking better over the past couple months I feel that it is important that I get info about this site and its contents out to others. Especially since the crowd that followed me (vegan/vegetarians) would glaze over a site like this completely.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

that history explains a lot.......the july webinar was a bigger hit to your biology than June.....I bet from a 30,000 ft view

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hey Chad .... what a story of self destruction.......but you are here now...and doing great!

Have you been using NCT oil? some people have to go slow with that.

Please put in a support ticket and ask to get the June Q&A. Maybe you could become certified in movnat.

I love your determination .....and your persistence ....... so many people here will learn a lot from you and relate :)

10. I have been using MCT since late January. I have found no stomach probs unless I take a heroic dose :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Ill put in a ticket now.....

11. A really eye opening day.

Today was very gloomy. No sun whatsoever and I spent a fair amount of time indoors while at work. On a typical day as of late I use a lot of coconut oil and keep my butter on the low end. My reasoning is that Im sure I will be using butter as a main fat source this winter and autumn(I do plan to explore tallow and duck fat). Later in the afternoon I needed a snack so I had a bit of coconut manna. My face turned beet red for well over an hour and at the end of the day I had some inflammation in between my toes. It is wild to think that light is the main issue. The rest of the day I was very tired and ended up going to bed early. I have upped my resveratrol over the past few days and seem to do ok with the coQ sup I bought and will be upping the dose to 200mg/day.

Now some cool news: I do deliveries for a furniture store. As a result I get to see how all walks of life live in their houses. Ive noticed that even up here in the sticks that Smart meters are popping up everywhere. I mentioned this to my mom and she informed me that the in town we live in that news got out about smart meters and the residents put up a huge fuss. Petitions, meetings, the whole nine yards. As a result NO SM will be installed!!!
    Its the little things that add up :)

12. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Thanks for starting a journal Chad...all the best from SeaHorse (in Vermont).....are you up for some polar plunges this winter? I'm going to do a few for the Special Olympics in Lake Champlain and Memphramagog...

13. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Looking to hearing about your journey and how this new lifestyle hopefully affects your health in a positive way!

14. Thanks!

@seahorse. I will consider the polar plunges. I haven't be to Champlain in well over a decade :)