1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cell phone shield

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Hilde, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi all,

Do any of these, cellphone shielding products, work?

http://www.lessemf.com/cellphon.html

I am going on holiday with my husband, in our campervan, and need to have my cellphone turned on at night because my parents (82 y.o) need to contact me.
    I really don't want to sleep with my cellphone turned on.

Can I make my own shielding?
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. DockMD

DockMD That’s the reason why

Do they really need to be able to contact you at night?

JanSz likes this.
  3. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Yes they need to be able to contact me should it be necessary
    it has to do with my father's recent private circumstances that I do not mention here due to respect for his privacy.

4. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

It may be possible to rig an outside antenna to the van as a transceiver for your cellphone. This would probably reduce your RF/MW exposure inside van to a minimum. It would require some time and expense.

I have never tried this yet but I believe some people (EMF ignorant-- but sometimes we can use technology to our advantage) do this in their houses simply to get better cell reception if signals are weak in their location.

An antenna goes up on the outside of a structure and then is then hard-wired to wireless device inside. It presumably deactivates internal wireless device (e.g. cell phone) antenna and instead transmits and receives from outside antenna.