1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Celeste in LA

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Celeste, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Celeste

Celeste New Member

I'm new here and here to learn, or re-learn what health is. I've just been reading through the threads, and a little bit through journals. I have my own questions, but am searching to see if they have already been asked.

I've been raw paleo (AV's primal diet) mostly for the last 13 years. When I asked AV years ago if I had to use butter he said it was essential for the diet and for me to get healthy. I went from struggling to break 100 to 125. I'm currently 133, but have been experimenting quite a bit in recent months.

Long story short, I broke my wrist falling of a bicycle while riding across train tracks. I had a titanium plate put in. Since the fall, my world had been turned upside down. I thought I new what health was, but see where I may have been wrong. I still am using raw meat daily, but have been including himalayan salt, puerh tea, am in the middle of trying to switch to ghee, and coconut oil (bothers my stomach), fermented vegetables, and am about to go buy some seafood. Oh, I also have been trying seaweed (Dulse). So much to learn.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Alex97232 likes this.
  2. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Welcome!!! I am so sorry to hear about your wrist and how it turned your life upside down. That sucks so much. You are in the right place to learn how to turn that around. The best place to start is from the begging and reading forward, if you want, as the ideas build upon one another.

There is a study guide that has Jacks first blogs to present. It is in process of being completed. So far 2011 is up and I will have 2012 up in a few days followed by 2013, 2014. Below is the link to the study guides:

http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/study-guide.10996/

Eating raw meat is great. Seafood is the main meat to promote optimal health and raw whenever possible, if your comfortable with that.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome Celeste .....kyra has put together an amazing study guide!

Do you have Dr. K's book? The Epi- Paleo RX

Have you listened to JK's podcasts? - they are a quick and easy way to get lots of great info.

So very sorry about your wrist .....what do the Docs say?

Do you have labs you can post in the lab section?

What is your non native EMF situation? Has your wrist become an antenna for EMF?

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Celeste, glad to have you here. Sounds like you have a good experience with raw foods. That's great!
    If you haven't been eating much seafood, you might have some reservations about eating a lot of it. Give it a couple weeks, and it gets more interesting.

One thing else that is really important is good water. Do you drink reverse osmosis water, or spring water? Please avoid fluoridated anything.

5. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. I did get a glimpse at the study guide. Very comprehensive. I'll be spending some time there.
    Interesting about the seafood. I had been staying away from it and doing raw GF red meat. I did make myself some sushi w/o rice last night tasty. I do have questions about how ocean pollution affects food quality. That said I did buy lots of seaweed and the fish last night, so I'm open to learning and changing.

6. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Hi Caroline. Not yet, regarding the podcasts. Will make sure to listen to those.
    I did get the book and am reading here and there, especially osteoporosis. Not sure if I have it, as I fell pretty hard.
    No labs yet. Doctor said most people leave the plate in, but I let him know I want to keep the option of removing it open.

Don't know my EMF situation yet... but it can't be good living in LA. It is though one of the reasons I am concerned about leaving metal in my body.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  7. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Good to note about getting used to the seafood. It is interesting already. A nice break from red meat.
    Glad you mention the water. I have been using RO water, but adding in Concentrace drops to remineralize.
    http://www.traceminerals.com/products/liquid-tablet-minerals/concentrace-ionic-minerals
    Not sure if these are Kosher here, but I like them. Good source of Magnesium and trace minerals - source Utah's ancient sea salt bed. The process is solar evaporation. I will also drink Gerolsteiner mineral water. I use the remineralized RO water to make puerh tea, which has probiotic value. Just started to add the ghee to it instead of raw GF butter. This is new for me as I've used raw GF butter for 13 years. Thanks for the welcome.

8. bionaut

bionaut New Member

RO water's main advantage comes into play when it is freezing cold. You want temps below 55 degrees, without any particulate (nothing in it) you can hit temps below 32 degrees up to -20. Colder the better for disease reversal.

9. Martin

Martin Gold

Welcome, Celeste. This is the place.

Ditch the himalayan salt due to higher fluoride content red and black salt has. Bummer, I know, but flouride does bad things in our cellular water chemistry. Any white/grey sea salt from a clean source will suffice.

Symbiohead likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Celeste..... regarding non native EMF ...... make where you sleep as clean as possible...no clock radio, no TV, no ipad etc. and turn off the breaker to your bedroom.

Do you have a smart meter? do your neighbours have smart meters?

Details matter!

Symbiohead likes this.
  11. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Interesting. I had no idea. I remember that Stefansson said the inuit hated salt. And as I was trying to make sense of the water question drank pure RO water, when I was doing raw meat zero carb. I found however that my body had muscular spasms and questioned if I actually needed some inorganic salts. When I first started to use himalayan found I felt fluish, but it eventually went away. Also was changing other things in my diet. I wondered if the lymphatic system needs these salts. This is a big turn around from when I was doing AV's primal diet and no inorganic salt was used, and water drinking discouraged. Thanks for the info.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You know why they hated salt? They intuitively knew it made them feel worse eating a ketogenic DHA laden diet. Salt inside a cell decrease's water's EZ and this demolishes your ability to make energy at MINOS in your mitochondria. (OSF 6 alert)

And hypertonic saline has been found to diminish your ability to add DHA from your diet to cell membrane structure.

Symbiohead and kyrakitty like this.
  13. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Hmm I wonder the RAW grass fed butter might have equal benefits as Ghee because it's raw. Anyone have any thought?

Are you making your ghee or buying your ghee?

14. Celeste

Celeste New Member

I thought I saw something about drinking RO water, spring water or mineral water, and the link to RO water was to water on Amazon that was selling electrolyte enhanced water. What is the difference between that and adding ionic minerals to remineralize water. Thanks.

15. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Good question! I'm currently experimenting with it. The taste of the raw butter is better. Richer IMO. But curious which is healthier.

Also am buying pastured ghee.

16. Celeste

Celeste New Member

Jack where is a good place to read about this on your site to understand this more fully? It is interesting. I went back on salt today. I was so fatigued. At least for now. I tend to have low blood pressure. I think that this made a difference when I was zero carb prior. Always tired. My body had trouble adjusting.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  17. Celeste

Celeste New Member

No, no smart meter. What is native EMF? I do keep my phone charging on the other side of the room, about 15 feet away.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Non Native EMF ..... iphone, ipad, TV, clock radio etc. Microwave

What about cell phone towers? power lines?

Can you pull the breaker to your bedroom? take your cell phone out of the bedroom.

Do you live in an apartment? You also need to know what is on the other side of your bedroom walls if possible.

also above and below......details matter!

Have you gone camping recently? slept outside? since you broke your wrist?

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is really important for you to listen to JK's podcasts - he talks alot about the very serious consequences of EMF to all of us.

Did they put some kind of metal in your wrist? What do the Docs say?

20. Inger

Inger Silver

Hi Celeste! I remember you from I think the zero carb forum :)

Native EMF is the Schumann resonance.. and I think the Earths natural magnetic field too.