1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cavity

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by April, Aug 3, 2022.

1. April

April New Member

Sorry I was unable to ask my question live on the last Q & A. I was having trouble logging onto the call, likely due to my location. I did however have a nice day of CT at Morrison springs!

I went to a dentist last week for routine visit and was told I likely have a small cavity under one of my fillings on one of my molars. He said he was going to request my last x-ray (from a few years ago) and compare. If it looks worse, he wants to do a filling.

Should I request to monitor because it’s still small and not bothering me, though that might require more x rays than I typically try to have? Should I just let him go ahead with the filling? Should I request gold or another material for filling?

Thank you for any advice you can give me!

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If it is underneath the filling redoing it is reasonable but he could pulp out the tooth if the decay is more extensive at the time of repair