1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cautionary tales: severe CT reactions and how you've dealt with them

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by meyoolia@gmail.com, Apr 4, 2012.

1. skline@peak.org

skline@peak.org New Member

I've been worrying about using the ice vest, when the ice has been in a deep freeze, because that's at 0 degrees F, extremely cold, especially for someone working into CT gradually. I considered putting the ice packs into the freezer for a shorter time, or leaving them out for a time before using them, figuring out how much it would take by experimenting and using a temperature gauge.

Today I had another thought -- buy the ice vest's replacement packs, but make my own garments, with wide velcro closures. I could make a vest, and I could make wraps for the backs and inner parts of my upper arms. And I could make them reversible. I see several benefits: (1) as I change size, the garments can change with me. (2) if I bond denim with something plush and insulating, like velour, I could have two sides of the garments: the thick side with the two layers bonded; and a thin side which would just be a denim layer with the slots for the ice packs in it. Sort out the velcro right, and one could choose which layer would be next to the skin.

So, the protocol would work like this: take the ice packs out of the deep freeze (0 deg. F), put them into the garment, turn it so that the plush thick layer is between the skin and the ice, then wear it awhile. As it warms up and one gets used to it, take the garment off and reverse it, so that the (now warmer) ice would have more contact.

Anybody else want some variations on the ice vest ideas, by means of a sewing machine?

2. meyoolia@gmail.com

meyoolia@gmail.com New Member

so after a week of neem oiling/shampooing, the rash from HELL is 95% GONE - yay! - and a normal TOM is back (yay?) I'm gonna give the lymph's a chance to come down more, then it's back to cold packing before bed for a week or two, and gentler cold baths... like 65F... awhile. Yeeshk. "Sorry Dr. Ordanis" (my naturopath) I kinda promised her I'd be "hers" to treat with *just* BHRT again once this cleared up. *shrug*

3. Warm might be a stretch, but they keep my feet from getting too cold. With the socks I can keep my feet in the tub during the entire time. Wihtout socks I would only submerge my feet for the last 10-15 minutes.

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

Same experience for me. My feet aren't warm in wool socks, but they aren't uncomfortably cold, either. They do, however, take a very long time to warm up - longer than the rest of me by far. That isn't so bad, as I have suffered from hot feet for a long time and it's a nice change.

5. Seems I experience almost the same! After the first time with ice directly on my skin for one hour I was happy, that I tolerated it so well but now, two days later, the same symptoms show up: Those slightly red marks which feel like bruises, the skin surface is smooth... I just used plastic bags with crushed ice and placed gel packs on top of the ice bags, not on skin. Does anybody know why that could have happened and how to treat it?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

slow the time to adapt slower.......could be due to cytosocial deficits in the cell membranes