1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Causes of hair loss!

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by motivatedhealthseeker, Jun 10, 2015.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

=======

Good SHBG for you would be under 40.
    If your cortisol is low you should not push thyroid hormone.
    RT3 is a safety valve. That is how body is able to get rid of T4 that it can't use.

Say you have 20 amp fuse on your electrical circuit, but it blows often because hair dryer is connected to circuit but it actually sits in water.
    You got sick of not being able to use that circuit, and you replaced 20Amp fuse with 100amp fuse.
    That is not going to end well, you will likely burn your house.

Same thing you are doing by eating T3, not little bit
    but
    to the excess.

You not only do not have cortisol, but are eating excessive amounts of T3 (removed weak fuse and replaced with solid wire).

Back out slowly.
    You are full of unprocessed thyroid hormones.
    Make sure to not eat hydrocortisone or other cortisol during this process,
    otherwise you may learn what thyroid storm is.

===============================================================================
    You may increase your DHEAs by eating (sufficient amount) of DHEA pills.

Low cortisol, likely pregnenolone and progesterone are low and LDL cholesterol high.
    Missing all kind of vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients.
    Fatty acids likely need help.

To raise cortisol you may use
    pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix from Nutricology.

desired values (serum)(aim at top values):

Cortisol(AM) (6.2-19.4)ug/dL
    Cortisol (PM) (2.3-11.9)ug/dL
    DHEAs Women 275-400 μg/dL
    progesterone (day 2-4 of cycle) 1.5 ng/mL

All other Circadian Rhythm and light/EMF management advice apply

---------------
    http://spectracell.mybigcommerce.com/
    Micronutrient Test
    $390.00
    On a slide #12 there is a list of measured items:
    http://www.spectracell.com/media/up...itamin-mineral-and-antioxidant-assessment.pdf
    Sample Report
    http://www.spectracell.com/media/uploaded/m/0e2064041_mnt-sample-test-report082312.pdf

do this test every 6 months, build your list of supplements based on that tests
    -----------------------

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

Base your diet based on test results.
    Do not eat fish/krill oils

-----------------------

1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org) latter follow Spectracell

1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Family-Pack-bottles/dp/B001RRP3FW

4/day Biotic Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, 1drop=2000iu Vit D (latter follow spectracell

-------
    http://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

peruse my posts on that thread

/////

LisaLearning likes this.
  2. WereBear

WereBear New Member

It's into another cycle of very mild "cradle cap" but that's okay; it turns out this is something positive and even me, with thick hair, benefited from this extra attention.

3. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Too little thyroid hormone can cause hair loss, and too much can cause hair loss. Anecdotally, I see a very well known endocrinology expert, and when my T3 was slightly elevated, as yours is, I was also having some symptoms of too much T3 (very similar to yours - a few mins of heart pounding/palpitations at bedtime), the doc wanted me to reduce, but whenever I reduced I had horrible leg cramps at night, and having tried magnesium with no result, I was convinced that I did not have enough thyroid hormone bc nothing else helped the cramps (and the thyroid reduced them, but didn't eliminate). I had also was losing some hair.

I found Jack recommending B6 for muscle cramps, and that has almost completely sorted the leg cramps, so I reduced the dessicated thyroid bc I could now see the doc was right about the levels. My hair loss reduced quite a bit.

I find the other thing that affects my hair loss is keeping my scalp very clean. I wonder if this is tied to my slightly high blood glucose readings (98-106), because having more glucose tends to encourage more bacterial and fungal growth (amongst other things).

m. Ann Chapman likes this.
  4. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

Oh, a comment about you lying in bed at 10 pm after having turned everything off hours before and still not being able to sleep. I find it makes a big difference if I eat first thing, as jack suggests, and make sure your last meal is four hours before bed - so for you that would mean finished eating by 6. Otherwise I find it really can interfere with sleep.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

7. Hi Janz!
    Thank you for the detailed reply. I guess I needed to clarify..I have been on adrenal cortex for a few yrs to support adrenals while I was taking the t3. Maybe the cortex is not enough and the t3 is pooling. I will take a few daily temps to see if I still need more support adrenal wise. I haven't switched to NDT yet as I am still figuring out causes of low cortisol and working on fixing leptin etc. I was told that when taking t3 only the levels need to be at the top of the range or a bit above to compensate for the short half life of t3.
    The omega 6 to 3 ratio serum test is offered by Quest labs I see. So will get that soon. Tweaking with all other hormones is something I am not comfortable doing as I'm afraid the end hormones will not convert properly secondary to adrenal fatigue. Also just learned that after using transdermal progesterone, it needs to be tested via saliva and not serum. So maybe that will show a whole different result. Also that a little estrogen should be given with progesterone. I am not really low in estrogen though I think.

8. Jacqueline Loomis

Jacqueline Loomis New Member

Hi! Did your hair loss ever stop? I'm struggling with the same thing for 6 months now.

9. Hi Jacqueline!
    It comes and goes and its shedding again like mad. I am convinced mine has to do with low cortisol. Low cortisol =thyroid meds not being utilized properly or thyroid just not working optimally in general and functionally remaining hypo. This =hair loss for me. I was on pregnenolone for a year which helped support cortisol levels but i had to get off that as pregnenolone was converting more towards testosterone. Since Ive been off that, Ive gotten major shedding returning. Have you done any testing?