1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cataract Update

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Emma Sabin, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Interestingly my B12 was super high when tested in September - see attached.

I asked the opthamologist why she thought I had a cataract at such a young age and she said it can be related to asthma pump and steroid use - (both of which I had to take) and then theres chemo... Why I have it in only my right eye I don't know. It's the same eye that had the retinal tear 8 years ago.

Attached Files:

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Instead of checking vit B12 I was about to suggest homocysteine.
    but you got it and it is ok.
    Vit D could be higher.
    You have a good fasting insulin.

upload_2018-11-20_7-51-22.png

upload_2018-11-20_7-52-45.png

3. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

I know. Disappointing about vit d but that’s August in London and September rain in Ibiza think.

But good things too. Yayyyyyy

w.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is likely why the cataract occurred in my view......a combination of things that freed retinol to cause destruction in an asymmetry fashion.

JanSz likes this.
  5. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Are you referring to the B12 issue or the drugs I took?

6. Jude

Jude Gold

I think he's referring to Asthma treatment:)

Alex97232 and Emma Sabin like this.
  7. Jman

Jman Silver

If I may add my 2 cents... this sounds like a posterior subcapsular cataract, which is known to be associated with steroids.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11952401/

http://eyewiki.aao.org/Cataract#Posterior_Subcapsular

As has been suggested, glasses would not work after cataract surgery on one eye due to ANISEIKONIA -- that is, if the cataract eye is targeted for minimal prescription, which is what is typically done, and the other healthy eye is still a -12 diopter eye -- this difference is too large and would cause aniseikonia, which can't be treated with glasses -- only contacts or cataract surgery (refractive lens exchange technically if no cataract) on the fellow eye.

Technically, you could have that right eye targeted at -12 diopters to match retinal image size of the left eye to avoid aniseikonia -- then you'd be able to wear glasses -- but I don't think any surgeon (or you would want to do that.

Which leads me to follow up your question to Jack -- cataract surgery on the right eye with a clear IOL -- one that allows in ~370-400 nm UVA light. Might this be okay since this amount of UVA light can lead to non-linear effects? If so, given that the non-linear effects of UVA can be received in this IOL eye -- might it also be okay to wear a contact in the fellow eye? Or does there need to be bilateral UVA input? About 55% of optic nerve fibers do travel to the contralateral brain, so perhaps unilateral input can suffice with setting the clock/SCN? Could also see if they make non-UV blocking contacts as well. Anyway, appreciate any thoughts!

8. Jman

Jman Silver

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  9. Jude

Jude Gold

Fascinating Jman.

10. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thanks Jude - just wanted to be sure :)

11. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

13. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Link is within quote of your post #31.

Emma Sabin likes this.
  15. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Yes I just wanted to check it was the same one and you hadn't added anything?
    What do you think about it?

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well Emma maybe you consider this kind of lens........

Emma Sabin likes this.
  17. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

I thought I would add an update to this thread as its been a while..

So Jman and I conversed a lot over the end of last year and he really helped me with understanding my cataract and looking into the right type of IOL to use if I go ahead. I went to see two top surgeons in the UK and they both suggested operating on the one eye and using a single focus lens. I did highlight the lens thats let in more UV to them so they considered this but my gut told me not to go ahead so I put it off again.

Then I saw the guy here in Ibiza again as I can hardly see out of this eye now so its really bothering me. He actually uses the IOLs that let in more UV anyway. He suggested having both eyes operated on because of the high myopia and the difficulties afterwards for the brain. He will be my choice if I go ahead as he has a good name and I like him.

However since then I have been sent info on a few things which I am considering.

One of which is a RIFE machine. I'm not sure if anyone knows anything about them? But, the principal is that they are a frequency generator and the theory is they have hundreds of settings to use for various pathogens etc...
    There are people saying they have reversed their myopia and cataracts as well as other illnesses. Please see below..
    https://www.spooky2reviews.com/7-spooky2-testimonies/
    https://www.spooky2.com/rife-machine-success-stories-testimonials/
    https://www.spooky2.com/buy-spooky2-generators/
    Does anyone know anything about these?

The other idea to help is to use peptides as explained here...

And finally more drops - the Lanosteral ones as well as ascorbic acid directly in to the eye. Along with high doses of Vit C and glutathione and other supps.

If anyone has any thoughts or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Something in me is telling me to hold off but I don't want to leave it too late in case I damage the eye and also put too much strain on the my eye without the cataract, especially at night with my blueblockers - I can hardly see when driving so its a bit scary... The surgeon here reckons I have 9 months before it could be tricky to operate as it might be too hard.

Thank you for any thoughts in advance..

Emma

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Emma .....I am following but no insights.

19. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

caroline likes this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

New update is now Boron nitride glass

Emma Sabin and Alex97232 like this.