1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cataract surgery decision

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Emma Sabin, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi Jack
    I'm a 43 year old woman living in London and I am keen to get your thoughts on my situation regarding my health. I'll give you a summary and then ask you specific questions to make it easier for you.

In 2013 I was diagnosed with breast cancer (2 lumps in left breast plus 18/20 lymph nodes - stage 3a) I then had countless mastectomy ops, chemo, radio and 2 years of Zoladex injections to shut down my ovaries. I am not on any pharmaceutical drugs now (my choice) and have started ovulating again.

Since then I have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, osteopenia, 2 herniated discs (l3/4/5) and now cataracts.

I have always had immune problems and had glandular fever and nephrotic syndrome a few years ago.

I have worn glasses since I was 6 and contact lenses since I was 12. I am extremely shortsighted (-11.5 and -14) and had a torn retina in my right eye a few years ago in the same eye as the one with the cataract. I've known I've had a cataract forming for over 18 months now and have tried wearing my lenses less and getting more light to my eyes in the morning as well as wearing blue blockers recently at night (tricky over my normal glasses!) but it seems to be getting worse and I am booked in to have the cataract done in 2 weeks. As I am so short sighted and will have incredibly different vision in each eye after one is done I was planning on having the second eye done 2 weeks later. I am due to get Zeiss Trifocal IOL that will mean I will be able to see 3 distances which will be the first time in my life I'll remember doing that without glasses, which as you can imagine makes me feel slightly excited. However, I do not want to make my health any worse by having this done so your thoughts would be very welcome.

My questions are:
    1) Is there any way of reversing the cataract naturally? I've found this product that I wondered if you knew about?
    http://www.vita-stream.com/sc/revie...code=ExplodeA248c73b4b9fe27cdaa07c92764c4bbbd
    2) If I have to have the cataract done as the only option is there any way of my eyes still getting light in to my eyes or will it have to be through my skin?
    3) Can I make the cataract worse by getting UV light on the eye?
    4) As I live in London (hopefully not for long) sunlight is rare especially for the next 8 months - is there a light you would recommend I could use to get the UV rays for the morning and again is this safe for cataracts and could I use this ifI have the surgery afterwards?
    5) Can you recommend a practitioner in London that I could see that follows your protocols. I have been seeing a functional dr here and he's been very good - suggesting a lot of the things you do, but I feel you guys are streets ahead of us and I would like the best advice.

I am currently taking nature thyroid and dhea to help thyroid and adrenals along with 20/30 odd other natural supplements prescribed by my functional dr.

Many thanks in advance.

Emma

Matt Fowler likes this.
  2. Hey there, welcome!

Emma Sabin likes this.
  3. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi there ;)

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You're a posterchild for the science being shared on this site. With that history I'm more interested in your Mom and grandmother because they gave you those mitochondria that were bad at the get go. London for you is a must change. As for cataracts from my perspective nature light from the sun is always the best option. I believe all forms of man made light ruin the eyes.

Matt Fowler and ColinGorham like this.
  5. RobertEzank

RobertEzank New Member

Look into carnosine eye drops and even DMSO drops...... do your internet search even youtube

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    Sun-sybarite likes this.
  6. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Hi Emma :)

"Yes I plan to leave London just not sure where to go yet - any ideas welcome!"

If it were me and planning to stay in the UK I would look at http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/regional-climates to give me an overview of the different regional climates. You can view the UK mapped climate averages, and select sunshine as the climate variable, and see it by month or by season or annually. The sea in close proximity would be good, but I would need to research population density and how much that increases during the tourist season. Once I had selected some possibilities I would be looking at cell tower distribution. Once I had narrowed it down, I would visit, perhaps looking at rental possibilities either in a small village, or off the beaten track, and let the agent know I do not want to view a property with a smart meter. (Start letting them know why smart meters will eventually start hitting them in the wallet ;)) Then I would take my own meter and do my own testing, to see what is happening in the environment, and what my potential neighbours are doing that might impact on me. I live in the sticks at the moment, but when DH and I choose to sell up and move we wouldn't buy another house, we would rent. On a 6 month fixed contract, and thereafter a month's notice, if the situation changes we wouldn't have the hassle of trying to sell, we could move somewhere safer in a month ..... :)

8. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thanks Sue. I really appreciate your advice. I'm realising more and more that I need to live by the sea so am actually considering Southern France or Portugal. The UK is so grey and cold and after 43 years I think I've had my fill!

9. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thanks Robert. Yes I found these but wasn't sure how safe they were. Do you know anyone who's used them?

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome....

11. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

12. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi there Caroline
    Could you tell me how I s jack something specific? I can't find where to fill in my optimal diary?

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

14. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi Jack,
    There is so much info in this article and I am not able to understand it all however I did see this and wondered what you thought?

With age, the lens becomes more yellowish, and thus, the spectrum of blue light transmission dramatically decreases through the years. It is suspected that one reason older individuals experience sleep problems is the lack of blue light during the daytime. Ayaki et al. [59] reported that after cataract extraction, sleep quality improved dramatically because more blue light could pass through the intraocular lens. In addition, there has been a discussion on whether a clear or yellow lens is preferable [60]. Of course, the yellow lens may protect the retina, but the clear lens provides more blue light during the day, providing better quality of sleep [61].

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Click on forum at top left hand side of page and scroll down to optimal journal

16. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Hi again Jack,
    I'd really like your thoughts on my cataract again as its now 3 months since I messaged you first and I've been taking the eye drops and supplements and although a test in December revealed the cataract to be no worse, I can hardly see out of this eye and I know it's straining my other eye. Whilst I know surgery is not ideal I may have no choice and so if this is the case I would really like your opinion as to which is the best IOL for me to get? I am hoping to get one that will allow me to see all distances so I don't have to wear glasses again. Thanks.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well if you can get a lens that is none UV blocker I have no issues with it. Hard to do these days. Most IOL's now block 50% blue which is good but they also block all UV. There is the down side. You have to make the call for yourself. The other thing you could ask about is cataract removal without lens implants. Monet did this.

18. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Thanks Jack. I'm now in contact with Sarah as advised and moving to Ibiza soon so hopefully my health will improve. I guess the big question I have with my cataract is can I reverse it when it's so far gone, which no one knows. I've yet to find someone who's reversed their cataract. Melanie Proctor told me all about what she did, which is amazing. The problem I have is because I am so shortsighted I can't not wear glasses or contact lenses to do things. I try but it's hard! Also with the cataract now it's making life very unpleasant and part of me just wants to feel free again and be able to see and get on with my life as I know it's holding me back. I'll try and find an IOL lens without UV light but will there any damage to my eye afterwards from normal light as I see written about online?

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Be careful on the computer with that cataract......blue light makes it worse.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hi Emma;
    functional dr sounds like a good choice

He probably check most of I list below but it should not hurt if I write what comes to my mind:

Growth Hormone Panel Analysis and Optimization
    Steroid Hormone Panel Analysis and Optimization
    Thyroid Hormone Panel Analysis and Optimization
    Micronutrient Analysis and Optimization
    Fatty Acids Analysis and Optimization
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum (or better)
    ----------------------------
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199717
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199890
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738
    https://www.spectracell.com/
    https://www.spectracell.com/patients/patient-products-mnt-hormones-intro-page/
    Micronutrient Test (MNT)<<<---draw blood for Micronutrient analysis
    REGENERUS LABORATORIES
    Address: 24 Underhill Park Rd Reigate, United Kingdom RH2 9LX (Map)
    Phone: 0333-9000-979

Emma Sabin likes this.