1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Cataract lens replacement options?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by motivatedhealthseeker, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Hi everyone
    I am wondering what type of replacement lens are recommended for cataract surgery? I know Jack mentioned cataract replacement lens are not a good thing but if the cataract has already progressed, what type of lens would be best? Lens that dont block as much Uv light or find some that dont block any uv light at all? I have been looking on the forum but all I found was a hint towards yellowish lens. Does anyone have any info on this please? So far according to the scan , its explained that toric lens to correct astigmatism would be best and these lens dont block as much uv light but no specifics as far as wavelength. I will be contacting the lens rep to see what options they have and for specifics. My father is having eye surgery in a few days and since eyes are soooooo important I want to get this right.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    JanSz likes this.
  2. ok so Alcon acrysof lens block uv plus blue light whereas Abbot medical optics have the technis toric lens that blocks uv only. The abbot rep couldnt answer the if all or only part of the uv spectrum is blocked. The overall choice would be to go with uv blocking lens only and not something that blocks blue light as well since you dont want to block out all blue light as its necessary for circadian rhythms? Is the thought process correct?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When the lady who built the laser for laser eye surgery says this you might want to ask why she feels this way. What does she know that the eye doctors do not? I submit she is very wise. This is why she won the Noble Prize almost a year ago. Just because we can do and invent things does not mean we should use those things in daily life when they happen to break universal laws around light. She wears thick glasses because of her high myopia which is most ironic. The reason is that she refuses to get the corrective surgery her Nobel work made possible. Dr. Strickland said, “I have great faith in lasers, but no one’s putting one near my eye”. A very wise position she has. When a laser is close so is blue light and an intraocular lens implant that will block the terrestrial frequencies of the sun and lead to other issues for you down the road. https://www.theguardian.com/science...-myself-as-a-scientist-not-a-woman-in-science