1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

So cool, Darleen! Guess what! My parents sheep eats snow too all the time!!! Even if I give them fresh water evey sigle day from our own well. And the chickens! I always bring them fresh snow from outside and they love to pick on it and eat it. So I just know it must be some magic to it! :)

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I waited most of the day for DHL guy to pick up my 23and me. It is still pretty cool but the sun came out. I spent about 2hours in the rock pool and walking in the surf - hardly anyone at the beach. I am still really hungry ...Tonite I ate a16oz can of salmon and 4 strips of bacon and some goat cheese and stilton cheese . I think I should nock off the cheese but I really want full fat stuff to fill me up. I am craving stilton cheese and carrots.....does anyone else have these crazy cravings?? To go from chocolate cake to carrots is pretty weird. I haven't wanted any carbs for ages.......so now I have turned into a rabbit!
    Darleen - I love your last dog's name - am I to deduce that you loved Allie McBeal??? one of my all time favorites! We have a show in Oz that reminds me of that show in so many ways/ It is my very favorite and right now I can't remember the name - it is shot in Melbourne and stars Asher Keddy. I sit and drool over her clothes....and the dreamy men she becomes entangled with. Our new season is just starting this week and next and I can't wait.

3. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Maybe you need some vitamin A with those cravings?
    Maybe you need some more FAT with your salmon :) (I had to say it, because that's everyone's answer to being hungry haha) seriously though, are you getting all your vitamins and minerals? If you're missing something you might keep getting hunger signals until you get what you need..

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  4. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Awe...I look forward to the day I crave veggies...I.think lol!!!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't think I am missing anything - but maybe. I am just so hungry. I am wondering if it is all the time in the ocean? I feel really really good and the scale was down 500gm this am - so I am sure not complaining! But it is really over the top hunger. I wish I could stop with the cheese. I am not going to buy any more for awhile ......but I think goats cheese should be okay?
    It is an absolutely divine day today ...... Heading to the beach now ..... Been missing all the hot bods!!! But why do older men look so disgusting at the beach?? They just don't take care of themselves at all ... But they love looking at young girls with big boobs hanging out .. Other than that they seem half dead!
    I have noticed three older men the last number of weeks who were gorgeous ....but I have come to realize that it must be the same guy as there is never any at all - let alone three! He spoke to me once and smiled and nodded another time but I was always pr occupied or in a conversation with someone - stupid, stupid, stupid .....But I am positive if he ever actually stopped to talk to me I would have a heart attach and run away...

6. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Hmmmm.....I have a thing for older, good-looking men, although the younger ones are hot too...so I guess I have a thing for all good looking men LOL! I'm envious of your beach time. I hope you stumble upon Mr. Gorgeous again soon!

7. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Caroline, yes that was how I picked her name, LOL.

I know how you feel re the good looking men. I'd probably run faster than you, lol. Too much rejection leaves one feeling completely vulnerable and afraid. We both need to GET OVER IT. :)

On the hunger? Eat more, silly. Fat will fill you up the fastest and last the longest. Coconut butter/manna anyone? It's becoming my go-to when I get hungry.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Honestly - I am eating a ton....full fat cheese, hunks of butter,GF beef with lots of fat. coconut oil, bacon, salmon, shrimp ..... and carrots .....silliest thing ever.....
    It is too bad you can't see the show we have here - I will remember the name eventually.....it has to be a takeoff on Ally. They do the same bubble thing with her thoughts etc. I just love it!! I am hoping when it starts it won't be after my bed time....
    I met the most interesting woman at the beach today - she does aromatherapy and I could talk to her about all of this - I was so excited. We wound up talking for about four hours I think and I met her son who is very hot - so that took care of the hot bod quotient for today! Actually - I talked to him about movnat and we wound up sharing electrons too! When your hands are open you do receive gifts....... I am living proof!

9. endless

endless New Member

You have the greatest time at the beach, don't you! It sounds like such a great way to spend part of your day:eek:

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is so great at the beach - my friends think I am hilarious .... I have turned into a beach bum .....I never know what day it is because I don't watch TV - I wish I had done all this at the appropriate age - but I guess - better late than never...:]

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

okay - stupid question - how do you get the smileys to work???

12. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Two ways ... see where you're writing your reply? See the smiley? Click on it. Or used the "go advanced" button (down there to the right) and you'll see a bunch of 'em on the right hand side. Or just type 'em in if you know the code.

13. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Doggone if it doesn't sound like we shoulda retired down in Oz. I think I could get used to the beach daily.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

maybe I am just easily amused ... simple mind - simple pleasures ..

stupid smileys don't work - they are sitting off to the right now but that usually isn't the case - they are at the bottom now too but they haven't been

15. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Just type in a colon and a close bracket.. It turns into a smiley when you save.. Or a semicolon and close bracket for a winky. The others are just variations on the theme..

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

that hasn't worked either and I keep getting logged out - is that happening to anyone else??

17. diane

diane Gold

I'm not having any problems.

Caroline - beach life does sound amazing. And I think it's great that you're doing it now - no time like the present! :)

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yeah - it is great but - but forty freakin years too late ....... but as we have heard somewhere.......when you know better ---you just do better!

19. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Never too late. I'm planning living another 60 years so I just reached middle age. :)

20. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Darleen...that makes me almost an infant hehehe. :D I am OBSESSED with living into 90s or 100s and being healthy the whole time and then 'one day' just 'keel over'. lolol (Preferrably while doing a fun activity too). LOLOLOL (Sorry in advance for future gen. that would find my body on a hiking trail----oops I called that like 80 yrs in advance hehe.

Also I would LOVE to be able to not have to take BHRT in menopause...if it's possible. B/c I can't predict finding good docs or me getting better money by then...;-) I chose a low paying field but it is better than some higher paying jobs. At least getting a job is better than nothing (which is was I was/still have). Have to wait for result in Feb to see if I get this new job. Wish me luck (even though it's minimum wage...ugh).