1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hi Caroline!
    It will be nice to see your progress documented with tiny bikinis and all [​IMG]! Ashryn is onto something with the steak. I also have days when I want something else than fish.

Were you able to access your webinars? I am asking since my access disappeared.Not sure why.

2. janagram

janagram New Member

Hi, Caroline! So...a bikini is in yr future? You go! But I sorta like the idea of a tanned abdomen. Gotta be an improvement.[​IMG]

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just lost a big post ... hate, hate, hate that! Is there a way to retrieve a post?
    I guess I will go looking for a bikini - I can't really imagine it - pretty scary! I will have to break out the shake and bake- at least you look better with some colpr!
    I don't think I can trust my body to know what it needs - isn't that kinda a fallacy from all past diets?
    I feel really crappy today - muscle ache, nausea, freezing, the runs - I even took a warm shower - don't tell anyone1
    I am lying on the couch under a big duvet - so no stories ......
    I am feeling overwhelmed by the blogs -gotta get busy.... Is everyone else keeping up okay?
    IWANTADIETCOKESOBAD..... don't tell any one that either .... I am swearing you to secrecy...

4. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Oh man! I hope you feel better soon.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks - me too. It sounds like the flu doesn't it? I don't know where I would have picked that up. I wasn't feeling good yesterday when I ate the salmon ceviche and the lamb heart tartare - now those things really gross me out totally. It is going to be hard to get back to them especially since I forced myself to eat them - stupid!

6. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

Caroline I feel for you. Its terrible when you are trying so hard to do every thing right but somehow one isn't getting the results. Or even worse even though we know the consequences sometimes we do things we know we shouldn't. Either way its a pain on the bad days. My thoughts and best wishes are with you. Hang on in there.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks AN....should be on the mend soon!

8. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

It does sound like the flu or some serious detoxing going on. I hope you're feeling better soon. I know what you mean about turning yourself off from a food. One night a few years ago we were having a BBQ with friends who are vegan and I ate a vegan sausage. I starting getting sick that night and was miserable with the flu for a few days later. I can't even look at those sausages to this day. Which isn't a bad thing I guess, considering the crap they're made with. But hopefully once you're feeling better you'll probably want the seafood again because it's good for you body.

9. I hope you feel better soon Caroline!! Just do like you feel today, no pressure with food or Ct. Like Paula said, it might be so detox, which is good!!

10. Destiny

Destiny New Member

One day at the time, Caroline. Don't think about the food for later when you are sick.

If you feel that you need soda bubbles to help you with your upset stomach perhaps club soda with a bit of lemon would help? Have you tried a fennel tea? It really calms down your digestion. I hope you feel better soon.

11. Charlotte

Charlotte New Member

Caroline, hope the worst is over and you feel better now.
    About the bikini. So get one, you will enjoy it. I never dared wearing one, but many years ago I was on the psychology trip and did a semiar in Brussels. One of the "tasks" we had to do was thinking about an outfit, that was portraying what we disliked most. So I chose to dress up like an esotheric freak wearing a long pink dress, purple blouse, yellow scarf tied around my head. I made little Tarot cards and hung them on my belt together with a ball that I had covered with aluminum to make it look like a crystal ball and some other little tools these guys use. I looked terrifying, oh, yes, and I had red high heels. What I did not know was, that the seminar teacher would send us like that into the streets of Brussels. We all found that out, when we gathered in the meeting room. OMG, I should go outside like THIS?
    I had no choice as the other alternative would have been to chicken out and that was not acceptable. So off into the streets we went, everbody by themselves of course, as part of the task was, to observe the reactions of the people around us and our reaction to theirs, and not to feel safe because being in a crowd of other freaks. So I walked down the streets in my outfit, at first very insecure and boy, you should have seens the reaction of the people. They looked at me as if I had just landed from another galaxy and the guys started whistling. They actually liked what they saw!!!
    So I was picking up confidence and guess what, I was the last one to return.
    I still like this story a lot, because one of the lessons for me was that you never know what the outcome of our actions are and often what we expect does not happen.
    The begging did not go down so well, but that is another story.

12. Inger

Inger Silver

Oh dear Caroline.. you will be well soon. I have those moments too when I feel not so high.. and then I might just take a loooong hot shower and then go for short dip in my ice hole, if I want to. I make no pressure on me at all. Sometimes we just need to rest and sometimes.. I need a lot of meat too!!! One day at work, it was a day I was feeling not so good.. and then I had one pound of raw elkburgers with coconut oil for breakfast, one pound of raw lamb, minced and with balsamic vinegar and EVOO added.. at work, and then almost one pound of raw salmon our chef made for me at work for dinner with marinated mushrooms. Oh.. I had so much energy in the end I could not believe it! It was a massive amount of food but I just needed it! I bet I was depleted with electrons and those magic foods gave me more than enough...lol So make you a HUGE steak now if you feel like it. But leave it as bloody as you can inside...[​IMG]

Sometimes I just want something cooked, and the I eat it. But I always cook very gently. It is not often but it happends..

You can buy you a tankini and when you lay down and your stomach looks so tiny, you can pull it high so your body gets more sun [​IMG]
    I am confident the sun makes fat into muscles Caroline.. somehow.. at least that is how it feels to me in summer...

13. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

Caroline I hope you're feeling better today. There's not much fun when my "twisted sister" is on the sidelines!

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is the nicest thing I have heard in a long time ...I like being your twisted sister a lot ... how twisted is that [​IMG]

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Actually Inger - I have kind of made myself a tankini - well not made - but put together. I have a couple of pairs of very cute swim shorts and then I wear a compression like tank top and now I have an orange tank top on top - quite cute actually. I think as women age, not all of course - traditional swimsuits don't do us any favours.
    I am feeling loads better today - thanks everyone. I guess I will just stick with eating whatever I can manage. I had some raw steak this morning and will cook a steak tonite - rare for sure. I don't understand tho - before - all I wanted was seafood and now it is very hard. I wanted to try really hard to bring my inflammation down before my next set of labs.
    Destiny - soda with lemon would have been a good idea. I had a couple of big glasses of OJ that was left from when my grandsons were here not the best idea but I was getting really dehydrated. Soooo today is another day back to the plan stan!
    Charlotte I love your stories! the other day when you talked about your life with that horror of a man you were married to - my heart was breaking for you - but in spite of everything - here you are - a HELLOFAWOMAN - adversity makes us so much stronger in so many ways but It is so sad that you didn't have an amazing love - but then again I don't know that do I????? You will have to tell us more.....
    I still haven't read all of EMF1 - holy cow - I am so far behind........... Am I the only one struggling with all of this? .... it is so overwhelming...I have to stop going to the ocean and just sitting. I always bring stuff to read - but never seem to....
    I was wondering if it was detox - but I am not sure if that makes sense - from what? ... have to think more about that...
    I hope everyone has had a great day [​IMG]
    p.s. I had another dream about Disney [the place not the person] last nite - it was a very fun sexy dream. The universe is trying to tell me something!

16. diane

diane Gold

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I've gone through phases as well where all I want is beef - then that changes and I want seafood. I think that if we are feeling for something, the body is telling us something and sometimes we need to listen to it.

I would stick to the ocean and work yourself through EMF 1 at your own pace! You're so lucky to have the ocean! [​IMG]

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Diane - I have always adored the ocean - It feels like this is where I belong. We used to go to the Bahamas all the time and I can remember so clearly - getting off the plane and feeling like I was home. Funny tho -after we had made reservations - I would be really mad at myself and think that there are so many wonderful places in the world to explore and here we are back in the Bahamas - but as soon as I was on the tarmac I knew I was home and there was such a sense of peace and joy. Being in a swimsuit all day and barefoot and the soft caribbean breezes and the ocean and the calypso music and the Bahama Mamas[drink] - no wonder we would feel so much better - so in tune....I guess the only thing that wasn't optimum was the wonderful caribbean cocktails - but they were soooooo good! When I look back these beautiful people led such an unhurried life. They ate tons of seafood, loved music - there was always music going on and they danced very sensually. They always had a big smile on their face and love children. They didn't have much material stuff - but - really - they had everything. I can remember one Christmas a family we knew came to visit us at our hotel - they had kids he same age as ours. It was 2 in the afternoon and they still hadn't opened there presents. They had been to church and to visit relatives. I learned so much from these simple people....

18. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I copied that, Caroline, for myself, to remind myself what to strive for. It is so beautiful. Thank you!

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

I hope I am not boring everyone with my stories - but I guess it is a journal. I thought I was just going to enter my C/T etc. surprising turn of events! I just remembered another story from the Bahamas. We used to have the most lovely maid on our floor at the hotel and my girls used to love to spend part of the day helping Lorrie make beds (crazy I know) sometimes she would take them home with her - she had a whole houseful of her own plus grand kids. My girls thought it was heaven - there would be all these people singing and playing music and the baby slept in a dresser drawer!
    I had a major long walk in the surf today and then had a cold shower and then laid in the tub under some bags of ice. I am still shivering.
    I felt lousy yesterday and today I feel terrific ....
    Gotta go and read....

20. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

I'm glad you're feeling better today.

And I like your stories. This is your journal, so story tell as much as you like.