1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. So very proud of you both, you are inspirational........wish we were exiting on the same flight with you, you're awesome keep it us, you need to start a blog for others to follow your example!

Richard Watson and caroline like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

You and Vince are inspirational ....thankyou for all your constant support and your computer skills!
    The four of us make a great team!

Laudy Cincotta and Anne V like this.
  3. Anne V

Anne V Silver

Hi Sue, on another matter, making payments on gas, elec, water , Ct ...and mortgages entirely voluntary can be stopped , and recovery for deathpledges = mortgages . there is no lender , no borrower.... the bank is just an agent no currencies exchanged , a trust is created. we are the settlors and become the beneficiaries of the trust. Do you want to look into it? it is a steep learning curve for me .xxx

GavinH and caroline like this.
  4. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

Yes there's a lot to learn regarding common law in general, I'm doing quite a bit of reading about this atm.

GavinH and caroline like this.
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Sounds like an interesting rabbit hole. :)

caroline likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Independence Day for us will be Feb 24th!

Stella was just reminding me of what Jack always tells us …..”be very careful who packs your parachute”

I am becoming so aware of our circle of six ….it doesn’t seem like it is family but dear friends who turn into family and supporting us 150%

this is the most amazing adventure. It is really freeing to get rid of all your possessions that we thought we couldn’t live without.

this is all completely energising us :D

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am happy for you.

Wonder if you want to explain how, you will be paying your bills during travels?
    Cash, credit cards?
    I recall going from the USA to Canada and my (otherwise valid) credit cards didn't want to pay for my coffee in Canada.
    If you are immigrating from A to B. Closed your business in A, you must have closed your credit card accounts, and the new accounts in B are not opened yet.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Richard Watson likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

We are looking into getting a wise card. People that are already in Mexico - that is what they are using. I am more worried about our phones and sim cards.

Thanks Jan - We so appreciate your support xo

Richard Watson, GavinH and EWO like this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If I got it right
    you will be able to spend $250 US$ every 30 days when using that card.

in places that accept debit cards.
    And about all those cards charge $12 monthly fees, so 250-12=238

Wise debit card - Wise

https://wise.com/us/borderless/card
    upload_2022-1-21_10-4-37.png

EDIT

I think there are more than just monthly account fees charges.

upload_2022-1-21_10-14-28.png

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Richard Watson likes this.
  10. Anne V

Anne V Silver

If you are on farce book , ask to become friend, and i will send you an invite. it is called Debt-Less . i think they are fabulous :)
    my name on FB is ann ventura as my name was already taken!!!

11. I feel like having to make many small ATM withdrawals is a high security risk, expensive, and a clumsy way live. People can steal your number or follow you. I have never had problems carrying stacks of hundred-dollar bills in my pocket. I have always preferred the new style bill, as the money changers preferred them also. Now some changers prefer different bills like 20S. No cab, small restaurant, or businesses can or will accept large bills. If you try to change them in when exchange rate is favorable, most changers won't do it. I would carry just under $10k USD. Relax, no one knows it's there. When you arrive at new destination, relax, open a bank account, and put in most, but keep enough to get established. Your money should last quite a while. Learn to solve problems without using your wallet or acting like a rich gringo. Its an invitation for more problems, but know you have some cash to buy your way out of an uncomfortable position if need be. Banking in Latin America may be unlike anything you have seen. The client is treated pretty poorly. Usually take a number and wait for an hour or more. Lots of people paying bills. Relax, you have no control, and no one cares about the service you are used to. Relax. You only need to cash for beer and oysters. I emphasize relax because dealing with inefficient stuff is hard for me, but I'm not in control. Shouldn't be a problem getting a phone wherever you are. They are generally a lot cheaper. I wouldn't want an iPhone or fancy one as it makes you stand out. You may find that even clothes you used to wear are nicer than what you see. Sure, there are rich locals who love to show off, but most don't have the disposable income to needed to stay fashionable. I would also think of passing jewelry on to family members and replacing it with trinkets. Even a shitty watch can be a beacon to a thief. Good luck! I wish I was joining you two. Oh, to be young again!

JanSz, Richard Watson, GavinH and 2 others like this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

we are far from young cronologically ........ but we make up for it in spirit and enthusiasm!

Anne V likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is a very weird experience - getting rid of all our possessions. It gets easier as time goes by. our stuff doesn't seem to matter much anymore.

We continually wonder how we accumulated so much unnecessary stuff.

The other funny thing ....I keep bonding with the people who are buying our things :confused:

We have a lot of Malbec left - we need to start drinking more :D

We have been meeting the loveliest people.

I don't understand what is happening.......

We now have a ton pf people that we will keep in touch with.......they are already researching our destination.

14. Jacks

Jacks Gold

"if you build it, they will come". Seems like you are attracting the best people! Sounds like a great experience.
    I am finally finding people and groups who I can relate to in my town.
    Though I think we could be doomed for high school here with the potential Newsom Bill for schools.

caroline likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

We are also finding that we don't bond with cheapskates!

Lots of lovely people like what they see and just hand you the money. For some people it is never cheap enough. Not impressed with those people. There is a different mentality that doesn't float my boat.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    GavinH, Anne V and Richard Watson like this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Important point.

As long as the value floats in both directions (not necessarily at the same time).

caroline likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When I was in Brazil,
    pedestrian crossing the street was a goal to hit by car drivers.

Not in Poland, because it was expensive to fix the car.

///

GavinH, caroline and ND Hauf like this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

you are priceless Jan ....you make my day - every single day. I could fall in love with you - but, alas, I am too old for you!

Richard Watson, GavinH and JanSz like this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am going to be first; I love you.
    You are never going to be too old.
    I am honored to have a friend like you.
    -------------
    Third world have all kind of habits that are not always obvious.
    Criminals are protesting that no punishment for $950 damage is not good enough, they want to raise that limit.
    Ah wait,
    they are not criminals
    they want to steal, but only what laws allows
    and that is in USA.

California’s Proposition 47: Crime and No Consequences | National Review

upload_2022-1-28_16-34-3.png

365*950=346750

Three hundred forty six thousand USA dollars

////////////////////////////

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    Richard Watson, GavinH and caroline like this.
  20. Jacks

Jacks Gold

caroline likes this.