1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

“There is no passion to be found in playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”

—Nelson Mandela

capable is the operable word .....how do we really know how capable we are if we don't give it a go?

No matter how scared we are to try something that we think is totally out of our realm of possibility.

No matter how insignificant we feel, we must reach ....and then reach some more.

It is so completely awesome to accomplish something that you never dreamt possible .....and then reach even further!

..... this was also from way back in my journal - funny how it applies now - in spades

GavinH, Anne V and John Schumacher like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

capable is the operable word .....how do we really know how capable we are if we don't give it a go?
    ====================
    To give it a go, some people need to have their back to the wall.
    You are reminding me of my time in late 1960 and then early 1970

Then again 1972, broke my left hand, so not able to do physical work.
    At the time looks like a bad thing, but it was blessing. (hint, hint, Jack's knee)
    Had to recall that I had master's in engineering.
    Nuclear Power Plants here we come.
    And so on.

Happy New 2022 year!!
    [​IMG]
    .....................[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
    John Schumacher, ND Hauf and caroline like this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Happy New Years Jan!

It always has been true - and maybe now more than ever ....adversity is the mother of invention.

As Tony always says ...."Come on - give it a go!"

4. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Putting the house on the market….!!

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

scared shitless - to be perfectly blunt!

We don't want to be homeless .....wouldn't be a good look at our age!

talk about trusting the universe.....jumping without a parachute....

6. Jacks

Jacks Gold

Have you read The Salt Path? About a couple who lost everything but then decided to walk the Coastal Path in Southern England! I see lots that Jack teaches playing out in the book.

GavinH, Rocky and Laudy Cincotta like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Jacks - I will look that up

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Just ordered it - Thanks!

Laudy Cincotta likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

We were on a zoom call today about how to escape this fascist island.....

There is a real scramble to get out of this country.

I know, I know - Jack told us long ago.

Too bad we didn't take our rose coloured glasses off long ago. It feels like we are escaping from prison. It is that bad.

It is all about politics and money - nothing else.

I wish I was way, way smarter.......

Rocky, Laudy Cincotta, Jacks and 2 others like this.
  10. Jacks

Jacks Gold

I know there is an organization called Freedom Travel Alliance - not sure if they are flying from your neck of the woods, but were flying folks out of Canada that wanted to leave.

https://www.freedomtravelalliance.com/

Good luck. Sounds exciting in a way. Yes - I know what you mean about those rose-colored glasses and not going when the going is good. I am slowly finding allies here where I live (finally) but have options.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    Rocky, Laudy Cincotta and caroline like this.
  11. Jacks

Jacks Gold

12. Freebird

Freebird New Member

I always liked going out in the rain. It made me feel much better than staying inside.

caroline and Laudy Cincotta like this.
  13. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Great words!
    Just knowing you can dance in the rain is half the battle..
    My battle is getting notifications from this page, can't make it happen.
    Anyhow, I read you are moving, do you know where? I am now seriously considering doing the same.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  14. You can do it -> Rocky ;)

Rocky likes this.
  15. Rocky

Rocky Silver

I really don't want to John but CAlifornia where I live sort of sucks and it's getting worse with vaccine pass requirements to go to a restaurant.

I see you live in Elk Grove, how are you doing up there?

16. Jacks

Jacks Gold

Yeah - our school board wants to discuss what constitutes "fully vaccinated" and pushing boosters now for staff and kids! Crazy - especially since not even 50% of community has had a booster yet (Hmm - wonder why?). There is a big disconnect between reality and these people pushing rules on the poor kids. At least they are keeping the schools open - though right now, one of my kids was back at school 1 day and now supposed to be in a "modified quarantine" as was exposed to someone who tested positive so has to be tested twice in a week and not supposed to see anyone outside of school. It is going to be a strange month or two and was absolute chaos with the school testing.

Rocky likes this.
  17. Rocky

Rocky Silver

It is nothing short of mass unchecked mass hysteria. It's too bad, like a freight train derailed.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

El Salvador - if we can get out of Aus.

GavinH, Rocky and Jacks like this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Getting closer to escaping this place we used to love so much.

Our house sold the day after listing it. We never even got a chance to clean much and the garage was a total disaster because we have been pulling stuff out of everywhere and going thru it to discard or give away.

I am amazed at how detached we have become from our "stuff"

Nothing matters except us and making a new future, new opportunities, and lots of new experiences.

It isn't going to be a piece of cake .........

None of us knows what the future holds ....no crystal ball .........but we love our life together so we will be okay ...more than okay - we will be great!

Freebird, GavinH, Jacks and 5 others like this.
  20. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Caroline,
    I am inspired by your post! I need to get my arse in gear and get out of Fucktardistan aka; California.

Especially your comment about getting rid of stuff, it really is a weight around the neck.
    Glad you are getting this put together and know you both will land proper where you belong.
    Rocky

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    Freebird, caroline and Jacks like this.