1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Tony and I spent yesterday afternoon figuring out how to incline our bed. It took some books from our library, some pieces of wood from the garage and some thought on how to keep the bed base from falling apart when we tried to lift it onto the blocks. It took a drill and another long piece of wood to nail it together temporarily.

We have only inclined about 3.5 inches to start with and we will see in a couple of weeks how we go.

We both slept well and didn't need to get up in the middle of the nite to pee. Oddly, our bowels were a little different today.....strange

When I was standing on the headland this morning, watching the sunrise - I thought about the last five years with Tony and all the stuff he has adopted/taken on board since we met ....

#1 laying naked on the wet grass at sunrise
    #2 taking cold showers
    #3 no lights on after sunset
    #4 no TV - unless it is the world cup - then all bets are off
    #5 going to bed early because we get up for sunrise
    #6 lots of seafood
    #6 lots of bacon
    #7 lots of butter
    #8 Listening to Jack's podcasts
    #9 swimming in the ocean everyday - all year [we both really love this in the winter time especially]
    #10 no sunglasses
    #11 being outside as much as possible with minimal clothing
    #12 Tony now has 3 Kiniki swimsuits
    #13 Getting his junk in the sun
    #14 walking, exercising outside everyday
    #15 Tony understands how important this forum is to me but often wonder what the heck I am doing!
    #16 I often hear him talking to people about the importance of being outside, seeing the sunrise and not wearing sunglasses.
    #17 He seems to always have to explain to friends and family why I eat mostly carnivore and why it is my n=1.
    #18 Tony seems to be able to eat "shit on shingle" in a reasonably healthy way. He doesn't have cravings or addictions and does most things in moderation.
    #19 He has always valued a loving relationship and kindness and integrity, and has always been able to move forward when necessary and leave things behind that weren't working.
    #20 the value of oxytocin according to JK. Tony is the best hugger I have ever met .....and he is really great at other things too........

The end .....for now. Lets see what this year brings!

2. I love this list!!! Excellent reminders of what we should all be doing. I needed to read this as much as you needed to write it.

Alex97232 and caroline like this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

I love it all Caroline :love: :love:
    Let us know how the inclined bed experiment unfolds :) :)
    The not peeing in the night phenomenon seems to be a real common one, so cool! I really wonder why that is, what is it with the incline that makes us not have to pee in the night anymore..

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    caroline and Alex97232 like this.
  4. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I'm going to implement IBT today!

Don't think it's going to take my night pee away though. :p

Christine_L and caroline like this.
  5. Anne V

Anne V Silver

6. Anne V

Anne V Silver

not sure what is going on with my replies....

@caroline
    what you are doing is great,
    looking forward to your results

i bought a book : Egyptian postures of power (Jason Quitt)
    they do salute to the sun
    it changes the energies

i am learning it and will do it
    i think they knew a lot more than we do
    they are always bare skin in the sun !

see what you think ...

xoxo

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

When we decided last February to take our camper and go to Tasmania for a couple of months we sure had no idea, like everyone else, what was in store for all of us.

all the sightseeing stuff on this beautiful island seemed to be closing down as we arrived.

finally we have managed to change our booking on the ferry to go home this Friday.

we have been hunkered down in an RV park on the ocean with 16 others as we all wait for our departure date.

every day some one leaves and we all wave and wish them good luck and safe travels.

We all have lots of questions but no one has answers.

many people across the world are in dire circumstances. We are so lucky to be in this beautiful spot and quite comfortable. We don’t have power or hot water but are making do and remaining positive.

it amazes me the resilient of people and the infinite ways they are coping and, in fact thriving.

folks are rediscovering music and books and learning new ways to do their everyday stuff.

of course there are people that refuse to adapt and just moan and groan about the imposition of this world wide health crisis on their daily life.

this crisis has brought out the best and worse in everyone it seems.

we hear stories of people slashing caravan tires with out of state plates. Lots of caravans getting the finger etc. etc. Towns putting up signs that they don’t want us here.

we have all heard stories of amazing compassion and thoughtfulness and love.

we owe our healthcare professionals and essential workers so much gratitude.

thanks will never be enough.

I hope everyone here is well and staying busy and finding new things to do and new ways to do our everyday stuff.

For Tony and I ....we are going home to clean out the Garage and our walk in closet. This is stuff we have been putting off for two years.

Our home needs a deep clean and the garden needs TLC.

BUT .....our first priority is to get as much sun as possible.....so we may just lay outside with as little clothes on as possible and listen to music and read books and have a glass of wine- or two.

Come to think about it ....that is what we normally do - that is why the garage needs a good clean out!

Apparently we can’t go in the ocean ....there are lots of secluded beaches but we will self isolate.

lots of love and heartfelt best wishes to everyone here and especially to Dr. K.

safe travels everyone ....sending you all a big Koala bear hug XO

8. Alex97232

Alex97232 Gold

xoxo

5G Canary likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

something I want to remember.....
    "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."

Alex97232 likes this.
  10. Marit Bjørgen grew up working on a farm, and she was unusually broad shouldered and muscular already when she was 10.

Cross-country skiers are tested quite frequently, so getting away with any kind of hormone therapy would be very difficult, if not impossible.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

something today that I read and love ......

LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE IN FORGIVENESS......