1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Caroline's journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by caroline, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Is at all this due to Brexit nonsense? I forget if Tony is British. You’ll weather the bumps.

I think I would purposefully toss my passport in the nearest deep body of water for a chance to live with Inger! :D

Katie Durham and MITpowered26 like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thank you Inger! We love simple living ....just as you do.
    We are waiting for the Australian embassy in London to call us and tell us what we can do.

This is really making us appreciate our home and village and simple life. We are missing going to the ocean every morning for sunrise etc etc.

Live and learn and keep smiling! All this travel sure takes a toll on our bodies ....and mentally as well.

I suppose it is keeping us sharp ....LOL

MITpowered26 likes this.
  3. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Always positivity abound with you sweet @caroline

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes ....Tony is British and travelling on an EU passport. The problem (???)is he is an Australian citizen. We were told he can still use the EU passport ....apparently not!

We still have almost 4 weeks here ....can you even imagine the possibilities ....

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Drinking beer in pubs with the locals helps a lot!

Anne V, Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I just looked again and in the UK gov site it clearly states what you were told. I think it will all blow over. The airlines must be in a state about Brexit but your case should not be affected as you are leaving before Brexit. A employee confused by the interim regs /and or job'sworth? The embassy will sort it for you. Keep enjoying Britishh country life. I love your photos.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    caroline, Anne V and Phosphene like this.
  7. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Wait, what photos?

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have succumbed to FB ......in between drinking beer and baileys. Don’t tell anyone.....ssshhhhh.

We have neglected whiskey tho .....have to work on that. When in Rome......

Altho - we were sitting beside a lovely gentleman in a pub and he was drinking Guinness with a whiskey chaser.

Not bad at all.... I am very adaptable!

I still need to try haggis .....and I love blood pudding. Me and blood pudding go way back - when it was really made with blood.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just can’t believe we did such a stupid thing .....the scary bit ....we will probably find lots of other stupid things to entangle!

Lahelada likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I couldn’t even find my journal ....but when I did a search I landed on page 81.

I really liked what I read! Our journals are a repository of our thoughts and growth and connections

I am proud of my growth, I am proud to be connected here from day #1.

I love this place!

Christine_L and Phosphene like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have been in Barcelona since last Saturday. I am loving these people ....in the Gothic quarter especially. These are happy people. They love music and wine and laughing. I see very few yuppies here, just real people living real lives.

We are going today to see Gaudi’s masterpiece ...Sagrada Familia. I am not much of a sightseer, usually my thing is walking and people but this city and Gaudí are mesmerising.

Gaudí valued nature and form and function above all else....I am in love with this man’s message...

Phosphene likes this.
  12. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

Always half glass full. :)

EDIT. And thats what I FUCKING HATE ABOUT YOU :) :) :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  13. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

I love that her cup is always overflowing onto us....;)

Sounds like a beautiful adventure...enjoy your day. Safe travels!

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

This has been a beautiful adventure, but some days are so f’ing hard! We are pretty tired and then we get invigorated and speechless by what we see.
    Some days we think we will never do this again ....too hard. Other days we are so energised by what we see and the people we meet.

Sagrada Família has been a real eye opener. We weren’t even going to go - too expensive and too touristy yadda, yadda, yadda. We finally thought ...we are here let’s just go. It cost us about $150.00 Aus. Which is a lot but this has been a monumental experience of our life time. It is simply unbelievable what Gaudí accomplished and all the architects that follow after his death. They expect to have all the towers complete by 2026 ....the 100 year anniversary of Gaudi’s death.

some days we think ...why did we do this to ourselves - we could be in our comfortable home and at the ocean every day and surrounded by wonderful friends.

instead, every few days we are in a different place, staying at different Airb&bs, meeting new hosts, learning new rules of existence and trying to learn how to make the best use of our time while here.

we have made lots and lots of wrong turns ....but complete strangers have been wonderful. Sometimes offering advice even before we asked because they notice our perplexed expressions.

would we do this again .....hell yes ....after we rest up for a year!

of course, we aren’t home yet ....lots more opportunities to make more wrong turns and meet more lovely people.

our host in Barcelona is the most engaging man with so much joy for life and a kindness that just envelopes us.

this is really disjointed isn’t it....

I am pretty positive that Dr. K. Is 100% tuned into Gaudí ...

Alex97232, Phosphene and drezy like this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love that you said that Jason! Some day we will meet and I will give you a smack!

remember ....things aren’t always as they seem!

you are so f**cking young! I could easily hate you.

Alex97232 likes this.
  16. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Barcelona and Gaudi’s masterpieces are on my bucket list. Made it close (Madrid and Seville) but not quite there. Making mosaics used to be a hobby of mine and I still have all the tools and supplies in my dark basement work area. I should get myself a nice sunny “She-Shed” for the yard and take it all up again. Something so soothing and invigorating about taking broken bits and puzzling them back together into something new and dazzling.

Just like we’re doing with our lives, with the help of Doc and this community. :)

This mosaic paradise is indeed magical as well—my happy place in Philadelphia. I wonder if all those ceramic-encrusted walls will protect from 5G?

https://www.phillymagicgardens.org/about-us/virtual-tour/

caroline likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

We wound up in an Irish pub last nite drinking with a bunch of midwives from Ireland. You couldn’t even make this stuff up! They were a raucous bunch ....drinking shooters and singing at the top of their lungs!

they all had such a Generous spirit and they gave Tony and I hugs and wanted pictures.

I love this place ....anything seems possible here.

maybe Gaudi’s influence???

drezy likes this.
  18. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

haha!

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

"The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of life is to serve. The secret of life is to dare. The spice of life is to befriend. The beauty of life is to give."

-William Arthur Ward

something to remember....

Christine_L and Alex97232 like this.
  20. Such a true quote ... going to print that out for myself as a reminder

caroline likes this.